When Bad Translators Attack!

GestaltBennie

Re: When Bad Translators Attack!

Hey, this actually explains alot. Spider-Man always gets such bad press! Now I know why!

"Spider-Man stroke all criminal activates and criminals everywhere..."

I think I need to introduce a new villain in my campaign who's only known as "The Abnormal Drug Trafficker."

Man, all we have in our basement is a bunch of old books, records, a bowlflex that's hardly used and alot of old toys. Nothing I can use to become a crime fighter. Some people have all the luck.

1) read all the books, giving you a vast and unusual base of knowledge

2) work out on the bowflex until you get peak human strength

3) make weapons and gadgets out of the old toys. At the very least, you can throw the records.

You won't be the coolest superhero in the world, but you've got to work with what you've got.

1) read all the books' date=' giving you a vast and unusual base of knowledge[/quote']

I need to clarify on this. Most of the books are IIRC children's books, a couple of Far Side collections and I think some Time Life books from thier "Mysteries of the Unkown" series from a long way back. Now granted most of Batman's villains are completly off thier rocker, it's just not for me.

3) make weapons and gadgets out of the old toys. At the very least, you can throw the records.

Ironically a fair number of the toys down there are various Batman figures I collected over the years. However the records are my mom's and if I started using them as weapons she would likely kill me.

I need to clarify on this. Most of the books are IIRC children's books' date=' a couple of Far Side collections and I think some Time Life books from thier "Mysteries of the Unkown" series from a long way back. Now granted most of Batman's villains are completly off thier rocker, it's just not for me.[/quote']

Well that proves the point, doesn't it? You do have what it takes to become a Batman-style theme villain, or even a hero, but you merely don't want to.

Now, I don't have a basement under my villa... I guess I can't become Spiderman... :(

This is pathetic. I mean' date=' really, this is pathetic. If I was going to translate something for another country I would put some effort into it. Some of this stuff looks like pure dictionary translation, no understanding of grammer whatsoever.[/quote']

I recall some HK directors boasting of getting their movies subtitled in less than a day (or so) to conform with HK film laws. Thus leading to "You always use violence, I should have ordered the glutenous rice chicken" and "Fatty, with your thick face, you have hurt my instep."

I need to clarify on this. Most of the books are IIRC children's books' date=' a couple of Far Side collections and I think some Time Life books from thier "Mysteries of the Unkown" series from a long way back. Now granted most of Batman's villains are completly off thier rocker, it's just not for me.[/quote']I think this can work. Start calling yourself Farseid. Come up with wacky crimes like setting up a device that will destroy all mirrors in a mirror factory, and set up a counter to total up the years of bad luck as each mirror breaks.