Storn Art from idea to full picture Year 3

death tribble

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Storn Art from idea to full picture Year 3

Not that there aren't enough bricks in the world - always good to see more muscly pics available afterall. But, just to bring up a few different ideas, I propose:

Daddy Longlegs - quasi-mastervillain/ mad scientist w/ a serious spider fetish. I'd imagine the Dr. himself is about 5 ft. tall or so - maybe with a pronounced hunchback.. maybe not. Bald. Old. I've always envisioned him rather Dr. Sivana-esque - drawn either in some sort of unwieldy looking 8-limbed Spider Powersuit or possibly controlling one of his Arachnid battle mechas. (basically, just a big crazy-looking robot spider w/ some dorsal & ventral cannons - maybe various attachments at the ends of the legs like Doc Ocs tentacles...) (and I'm not at ALL suggesting this just because it's a pic I need for my game and haven't ponied up the scratch for it myself yet. Nope. Not at all. :rolleyes: )

OR

Cheesy Metamorph Guy Classic 4-color style Stretchy guy - maybe one arm stretched out wierd w/ a really big fist giving a huuuuge thumbs up at the end of it, and the dude's sporting a cheesy grin... maybe even a wink.

I think the idea of a character who forms a "ice-charater" around them like a battlesuit kind of thing is way cool!

if that's what was intended... if not - I suggest it!

Yep. I wasn't talking about a HUGE giant... I was only suggesting a Hulk sized Ice-Brick that you could see through to see a girl at the center.

I can hear the villains now, "How many licks does it take to get to the soft center of a Hero-Pop... One(BANG), Twohoo(POW), Thrrreee(KRACK)... Three."

Luckily, this icy woman will be able to hit back... BIG TIME!

• 3 weeks later...

Howabout:

Packrat - Bandit of the Timestream ?

Guy who travels through time taking useful, but not frequently terribly important items. Has a collection of mundane, magical, and high tech gizmos from throughout the past, present, and future. Like, might have a magic roman gladius, but wouldn't have the Spear of Longinus.

Given how well some of his composite pictures have come out (like the one showing the various genres around the one character) I'd like to see Storn incorporate a wide range of outfit pieces, gear, and miscellaneous doo-dads on one character, making it clear it's an anachronistic jumble while still making it look good. :)

Skellybones - an animated skeleton, originally created by an evil necromancer, now turned to good through a strange set of circumstances. Wants to be "human", so tries to wear human clothes, despite how odd that looks.

A high-tech pirate - Eyepatch, wooden leg, parrot, the whole nine yards, but all with a veneer of alien/future technology. "I'll make ye walk the air-lock! Arr!"

I know you said no animal themes, but... well, it isn't a theme per se, just an abnormal desire to see this done...

An actual bovine superhero. :D

I was thinking about one of the older Chick-Fil-A calendars, and one of them had cows as unique superheroes in their own rights. (My personal favorite was Cold Cuts, a homage to Iceman.) Would that be a suitble challenge? I would rather see one that isn't in the calendar (of which I can recall each one rather well, and their power, too.)

Well, lessee...

I like the lady inside the ice hulk idea. Reminds me a little bit of the force fields and such from Dune, the original movie. Could be a very cool look, depending on how it was portrayed.

To contribute, I saw that ice character ideas were requested... to me, all too often are cold/ice characters blasters or hephalumps of some sort. Why not a more finesse or even martial ice character? Instead of showering things with snowballs and freeze rays, how about obsidian-style ice knives for throwing and a spear of ice as his main weapons? How about taking it to a chinese origin, perhaps conjoin a drunken boxing idea to it. I see thick, coarse black hair hung long and ragged, vaguely wrapped in a frosty thong with a frosty red rose. Entirely black eyes, filled with remorse. A light blue pleated suit pant with a touch of purple (perhaps as a shade color), a sash of eloquent white silk. Armani shoes, pointed and shined, black as tar, to go with the shirt of the same color, top button undone. A white silk tie, lose but tied. Spear in hand, the prodigal son returned, to find no father, just the weak solace of a drink... steaming from its canister, marked NO2. =) Drunken ice spear, coldest killer of them all. :nonp: Perhaps a bit melodramatic, but that's my mood tonight. If the light blue/purplish shade/white highlights with the black & white simples don't strike the right color idea perhaps it could be changed to a series of dawn/dusk reflections off of ice type items which always seems to work for glass/metal pictures. :o I'm not an artist. :idjit: Get inspiration for the spear or spear-wielder from the starting fight in Hero (with Jet Li). =)

Or, we could follow current trends in general for either brick or otherwise. I mean, what's hot right now? What's old is new, as muscle cars and 70's style seems to be coming back with new modern highlights. Why not do the same with our new hero and follow in that idea? How about a Bruce Lee kind of face and expression to go with a Steve McQueen (ala Bullitt) sort of dress. Give the character a Vin Diesel kind of build/profile and make him cool with a pair of oversized sunglasses and a sneer, bald in a cool way, with a brick-like demeanor for smashing but looking cool while doing it. I'm picturing a dark brown/black leather coat with a small fur fringe collar, a little small for the overstuffed upper body. Black tank shirt with red crushed velvet style highlights. Oversized buckle on a thick leather belt, dark colored jeans with the brighter fringe stitches in yellow/orange and boots/shoes of a workman's type. Hands in those driving gloves that only look good in comic books. Pose him using one car as an impromptu shield while he grabs a fistful of another. :ugly:

Dunno, I'll wait and see what else comes up. =) i have more ideas.

... how about a modern style knight, gathering actual light to wield in his cause? An aggressive semi-kneeling position with a sword held out in front of him, vertically, a blade of blazing light (using soft effects, not hard, giving the impression of a bright holy light in the shape of a blade, kind of like sunlight through clouds when it comes down in shafts of light). Probably his... left hand in front, with right leg forward. Left leg way back as if ending a lunge, right hand behind him and up, palm skyward, gathering dawn's light into his palm. How's that for powered armor? :jawdrop:

- Remjin

"Life is the dream from which you wake..."

Here's my idea for your brick:

Scrapyard

This guy was a monster brick from my Champions campaign who got strong from a reaction to toxic waste (but not mutated) and built a suit of junkyard armor to conceal his identity and give him some protection from superheroes and cops with guns. I got the inspiration from the Dreadnaught character from Classic Enemies, who I've always had soft spot for, since I've always dug steampunk things. :)

Matt "Still-a-Low-Tekker" Frisbee

How about a super made of dreams? No real solid shape. Always changing with bits of 'dream' falling away.

Yeah, but how do you draw that? Usually this type of concept ends up being the same as a silhouette with images pasted into it. Sort of neat, but kind of boring for this context.

Yeah' date=' but how do you draw that? Usually this type of concept ends up being the same as a silhouette with images pasted into it. Sort of neat, but kind of boring for this context.[/quote']

Which is sort of the point of these. Something outrageous or that Storn hasn't done before, and that DT likes.

Which is sort of the point of these. Something outrageous or that Storn hasn't done before' date=' and that DT likes.[/quote']

Well, what I'm saying is that it isn't outrageous... well, then again, perhaps only in my relatively unimaginative mind. If Storn could come up with something better than the usual silhouette of pasted images into something outrageously interesting, that would be cool, but conceptually I don't know what that would be.

So, if its something outside of the silhouette thing, yeah, it would be interesting to see a conceptual idea put into this sort of medium, but I have seen very little in that arena that was very inspiring, personally. I would also love to be shown to be a complete idiot in that regard. Nothing like being proven to be wrong in a good way! :D:smoke::drink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I gathered that. What sort of background though ?

In the original universe she was part of the Psycho Circus but not the boss. The microphone gave her mind control powers via suggestion par example for powers.

Anyway any other ideas forthcoming ?