WWYCD: Dare to be Foxbat

AdamLeisemann

Re: WWYCD: Dare to be Foxbat

Style - Briefly enjoy being much better looking and more physically fit, then research how to reverse the effect.

Flesh Gordon - Barely notice until the cops started shooting, then panic. Hope that he could find a cure before getting killed.

Foxbat - Continue to not be all that funny. He'd hate being Style ("I'm short, skinny and have no powers! Wheee!"). OTOH, he'd love being Flesh Gordon. Good looking, superstrong, nigh-invulnerable, and no matter what he did, none of Flesh's team mates would suspect anything, up to and including repeatedly shouting "I'm Foxbat! Seriously guys! Foxbat! I'm...look, shiny thing!"

I'm Foxbat... But do I still have my mind? (Obviously I do since I can tell that there's been a switch' date=' right?)[/quote']

Your mind and personality are now in Foxbat's body, and Foxbat's mind and personality is now in your body. You kinds wake up in Foxbat's bed, as Foxbat, and something seems different.

Anthem, in foxbat guise, would go through all the odd stuff in the foxbat cave, cringing at the depths of his weirdness, slowly drifting into dementia until at last she would be discovered by someone and committed for several months. At the end of said therapy, would think she was foxbat, much like the classic Elmer Fudd/Bugs Bunny cartoon ("I am Elmer J Foxbat, Millionaire; I own a mansion and a yacht!")

Foxbat would attempt to use her throwing stars and throw like a girl (ironically). This would tip off any team member. And then when "she" hit on some of the female team members they'd know for sure.

Void: Track down his proper body, chain himself to Foxbat, and make everybody keep them somewhere safe until they figure out a way to make this mess better.

Foxbat as Void: Clearly, this is all a part of his Master Plan that, in his brilliance, he didn't even realize he'd had! Start collecting Void's blueprints and gadgets, get all the info he can... and transfer a goodly portion of "his" stock in DuBey International to Mr. Foswell, to help his budgetary problems.

Darkchild: "LOKI!!!!!"

She would immediately assume that one of the Trickster gods was playing with her, and have several very, very harsh words with them trying to figure out which one.

Foxbat as Darkchild: He's an attractive 18 year-old girl. I imagine that even Foxbat would be spending some time figuring out a bit about "his" new body.

However, he'd have absolutely no powers whatsoever. He'd probably end up forgetting that he can't really fly or glide, and dive to his painful end during a fight.

Sparky: "What is this? Why can I talk People now? HOW DO I WALK ON TWO LEGS WITH NO TAIL?!?!?!?!?!?"

Foxbat as Sparky: Chase his tail until he caught it and accidentally discharged an electrical blast into his own butt, tazering himself into sweet, sweet oblivion.

Your mind and personality are now in Foxbat's body' date=' and Foxbat's mind and personality is now in your body. You kinds wake up in Foxbat's bed, as Foxbat, and something seems different.[/quote']

Well then... After tracking down my former self and trying to talk some sense into Foxbat... I mean myself :nonp: I'd probably start working with him to reverse the process.

You see BASTION's greatest asset is his intellect (Dr. Sebastian Castle) and his ability to utilize it to invent amazing devices piercing the realm of Quantum Physics. It's actually a win for Dr. Castle who is just above average looking and as frail as any athletic man.

However, right is right. No sane person would want to reside within the body of another. And there's also the welfare of Foxbat (and the safety of Dr. Castles body)...

With all of the cards in his hand (superior intellect and physique) eventually BASTION would be able to set things right.

Dr. Castle might theorize that permanently eliminating Foxbat would create a void in the scheme of things... I shudder to think what would step in to fill Foxbat's shoes. I'd rather stick with a known entity.

As requested by thread creator:

Field Test, as a note, is a character I haven't run yet. A mild-mannered accountant whose mad-scientist wife routinely straps him into gadgets and sends him out to fight crime in the process of testing them.

Field Test: First off, figure out why the blazes he's in bed with Foxbette, Foxbat's girlfriend in that world.

Then realize what's going on, quietly start gibbering in the corner for an hour or two, and finally strap on Foxbat's gear before hunting himself down.

On doing so, beat the bajeezus out of him for sharing a bed with his beloved wife, even if nothing did happen, make her use whatever godforsaken device did this in the first place to turn them the heck back, and get some reliable gadgets from Foxbat in return for letting him keep using both of his lungs.

And then realize, once his mind was back in the right body, that he should've gotten them changed back before said sound thrashing was administered.

Foxbat, on the other hand, would probably have just enough time to realize that something screwy was going on before said beating was administered by himself.

You and your team have fought with Foxbat one day, and a few days later, you and Foxbat have suddenly endured a mind-swap. You are Foxbat and Foxbat is you.

In this situstion, what would your character do? :dyn

Similarly, what do you think Foxbat would do? (Dun, dun, duuunnnnnnn...) :P

I'll have to think how my characters would react and post on that later.

However, I should say I am SO stealing this idea sometime soon. Thank you :)

Well then... After tracking down my former self and trying to talk some sense into Foxbat... I mean myself :nonp: I'd probably start working with him to reverse the process.

You see BASTION's greatest asset is his intellect (Dr. Sebastian Castle) and his ability to utilize it to invent amazing devices piercing the realm of Quantum Physics. It's actually a win for Dr. Castle who is just above average looking and as frail as any athletic man.

However, right is right. No sane person would want to reside within the body of another. And there's also the welfare of Foxbat (and the safety of Dr. Castles body)...

With all of the cards in his hand (superior intellect and physique) eventually BASTION would be able to set things right.

Dr. Castle might theorize that permanently eliminating Foxbat would create a void in the scheme of things... I shudder to think what would step in to fill Foxbat's shoes. I'd rather stick with a known entity.

On the other hand, think what Foxbat could do with all of Castle's gadgets using his amazing Fox Intellect! :D

On the other hand' date=' think what Foxbat could do with all of Castle's gadgets using his amazing Fox Intellect! :D[/quote']

The Microverse is doomed. :doi:

Foxbat's big problem is that Bastion is always working in his lab... His shrunken, portable lab! It'd seem normal to Foxbat until he left the lab and found that he was almost microscopic. Then, maybe he'd find a shiny metallic surface and notice that the reason he felt weak wasn't due to the shock of his shrunken state, but because he's someone else!!! :eek:

How do you think he'd react? I honestly have no idea. :drink:

Actually, I ran something similar to this three years ago. I called it:

Foxbat On Ice

The Foxbat Five (Foxbat, Exoskeleton Man, Harmonious Fist, Dot, and Static Man) wanted to “steal†the Millennium City Red Wings’ ice skating, hockey, and fighting skills and hold them for ransom (for [DR EVIL]one million dollars[/DR EVIL]). Foxbat contacted the Thuggery and hired a dozen thugs to keep the fans in line, plus a technician (Morrie Nedermeyer) to help modify a zamboni with equipment to transfer the skills from five players to the Foxbat Five.

Unfortunately, Morrie is a bit ambitious. He convinced Foxbat to rig up neural defense caps for all of them (in case a mentalist hero shows up), then modified the caps and the zamboni device to switch the minds of him and four of the thugs into the Foxbat Five.

However, things went terribly wrong, and the machine began switching minds of thugs, the Foxbat Five, and the nearest PC heroes. Great fun, handing a player one of the FF's sheets and saying, "OK, here's your powers until I say otherwise." It was a real mess to sort out in the end.

Jake the Troll would seriously freak, especially if Foxbette was involved - he's a 16 year-old, and after the realization that this WASN'T a wet-dream, he would leap out of bed and probably hit his head on something.

Then, he'd call his parents and explain the situation to them. It would probably take a couple of minutes to convince them that he wasn't a crazy psychic that had read their child's mind, but he'd probably perservere. He'd probably do what they suggested, which would include calling the relevent federal agency. After doing that for an hour or so (and waiting for the feds to show up an arrest him.) he'd realize that he probably should have called his private school FIRST, as that's where he was. Meyhem would then ensue.

Foxbat as Jake - Jake's a troll, but is in school in his trollknor form, which appears as a (mostly) human girl. As any form Jake can take is as natural as any other, Foxbat probably wouldn't realize that he's in a metamorph's form. (It took Jake 10 years to realize that he could do that drastic a shift.) So, Foxbat would wake up as a pretty teenager with mild healing and luck-granting powers. Other than the obligatory "I'm a hotzor chikzor", I really don't know what the F-man would do.

Shinji Miromoto - Shinji's mainly a psychic/martial artist, who has a native immunity to using Dark Dimensional energy. So, he'd probably still have access to the Dark Dimension (most people can access it), but he would no longer be resistant to it's insanity-causing effects. This would really suck. He'd try to get his own body back as quickly as possible, as it was only his training that was keeping every magic and psychicly-sensitive individual in the Puget Sound region from knowing exactally where he was.

Foxbat as Shinji - In all likelihood, Foxbat would get himself killed, or at least run the risk of getting killed, simply out of ignorance. However, Shinji's teammates would know something was up when Foxbat started talking to them in idiomatic English.

:eek:Horror of Horrors! Repped.

Whisper as Foxbat - "I have bodily functions! Eww!" Then would return to Bethany before Foxbat begins draining people against Bethany's will, thus causing his Teammates to destroy his "body", forcing him to live out the rest of Freddy's days as a, *shudder*, mortal.

Foxbat as Whisper - "I can walk through glass! Cool!" Would probably cause a lot of mayhem, but without experience in controling the hunger he would likely kill a few people by feeding off of them. And Bethany won't like it. And when the team finds out that "Whisper" is apparently no longer bound to Bethany's will, they will execute the "Omega Solution". Which is, of course, "Kill Whisper."

The Specter as Foxbat - "What the deuce?" Would begin carefully examining Foxbat's gadgets, trying to figure out which one caused the switch, but not before calling Vitas, and getting the mage to incapacitate his building's superintendant, "I'll explain later, Vitas. Just make sure you don't kill or maim him. It's important. No, really. Don't do it. I'm serious. If you do it, I'll have Orca paste you to the inside of your door, upside down. Again."

Foxbat as the Specter - Would probably knock himself out, seeing as the Specter's powers come from over a century of developing is metabolic control. I can just see it, the first time Freddy uses hyperboost, he superspeeds right into a wall. And waking up to a 7ft tall, humanoid hyena (Vitas) isn't going to brighten his day.

This character has yet to be played, but...

Foxbat as Three-piece - Fall over and try to deal with experiencing the world through three points of view.

Three-piece as Foxbat - Fall over and try to deal with experiencing the world through one point of view.

Voltage as Foxbat:

"This is not happening! This is a bad dream! I'm gonna kill him!" After coming to terms with the fact that it was real, Voltage would begin trying to figure out how it happened, where Foxbat would be with his body, and how to reverse it. He would also inform his team of the switch, which probably wouldn't take much convincing given "Voltage's" odd behavior.

Foxbat as Voltage:

Would first notice that he had blue skin and no hair. At all. Anywhere. Then would probably spend some time playing with the electrical powers including flight and energy blast (which is probably when the team would start to figure out something was wrong). And would probably wonder why he was so hungry all of the sudden.

Millennium as Foxbat: "The label is not the package. I'm still the Hero With a Thousand Faces. I've been Thesesus, and Lancelot, and Luke Skywalker, new body just takes some adapting. Some quick practice with Foxbat's abilities and weapons, then off to see what Freddie is doing with Millennium's powers.

Foxbat as Millennium: "Very good looking flying brick? I can get use to this!"

Cheeta as Foxbat: "Freddy, when I catch you you are so dead!" Should have no trouble with Foxbat's acrobatics skills, but feels like he's moving under water. Find out what Freddy wants with his real body, see about switching back. If Freddy doesn't know about needing his serum to keep up his powers, time is on his side.

Foxbat as Cheeta: *Takes off helmet and looks in mirror* "I have absolutely no idea who this is." [Freddy is a comic book geek. Were his passion football cards, would recognize that face.] Finds that the entire world is moving in slow motion. Can drop a glass in the kitchen, walk to the window, clearly observe a hummingbird's wings, retrun to the glass and catch it before it hits the floor. But if he doesn't know about the serum, will soon "hit the wall," crash, and sleep for about a week.

Iron Will as Foxbat: "So this is what it's like to stand, to walk, to breath without assistance. Kewl! So I'm not telekinetic anymore? Who gives a --" Whatever Freddy wanted with is quadroplegic body, he's welcome to it. Will has no desire to switch back.

Foxbat as Iron Will "Why can't I move?"

Well, here's probably what would happen with my characters:

Reinard as Foxbat: Probably panic for a bit at first. Afterall, he's a mortal now, and is in a very precarious situation. Then he'd call his teammates and tell them to keep a close eye on the fox. What he doesn't realize is that something like this is normal for Foxbat, even when Reinard the Foxbat explains what's gone on. They will most likely assume that Reinard is acting as a toon should. In short: Reinard is effed.

Foxbat as Reinard: Would first not realize what's going on, and then probably act even flashier because now he's in a form that is less destructible. And Reinard's teammates wouldn't even notice as now the toon's acting as they think he should.

Lab Rat as Foxbat: At first enjoy the human apparance and the perks of adulthood. Then look through Foxbat's gadgets and see what he can do to reverse the process before Foxbat gets him grounded.

Foxbat as Lab Rat: Get as much gadgetry as possible and probably get Lab Rat grounded for life.