Foxbat Went a Courtin'....

jkwleisemann

Considering uploading her HD write-up to the Characters section on the site, but first....

Anybody have any suggestions for things that oughta change in the write-up of Foxbette, beloved wife and partner of the World's Greatest Supervillain ?

[b]Foxbette - Sandra Wertham[/b]
[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
20    STR     10   20      13-       HTH Damage 4d6  END [2]
26    DEX     48   26      14-       OCV 9 DCV 9
20    CON     20   20      13-
12    BODY    4   12      11-
18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 13-
13    EGO     6   13      12-       ECV: 4
20    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d6
14    COM     2   14      12-
8    PD      4   8/16             8/16 PD (0/8 rPD)
6    ED      2   6/14             6/14 ED (0/8 rED)
5    SPD     14   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
10    REC     4   10
40    END     0   40
40    STUN    8   40
10    RUN      8   10"                END [2]
4    SWIM     2   4"                END [1]
6    LEAP     2   6"                6" forward, 3" upward
[b]CHA Cost: 152[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
20     [b][i]Foxbaton![/i][/b]: Multipower, 40-point reserve,  (40 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1) - END=
1u     1)  [b][i]Eat stick![/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=0
2m     2)  [b][i]Swingline![/i][/b]: Swinging 15", Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (19 Active Points); OAF (-1) - END=1
1u     3)  [b][i]Tangle Wire![/i][/b]: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Entangle And Character Both Take Damage (+1/4) (37 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OAF (-1), Entangle Has 1 BODY (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) - END=[4]
2u     4)  [b][i]Power Blast![/i][/b]: (Total: 37 Active Cost, 18 Real Cost) Energy Blast 6d6, 16 Charges (+0) (30 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 15) [b]plus[/b] 16 Boostable Charges (+1/4); OAF (-1) for up to 30 Active Points of Power Blast! (3 Active Points); Activation Roll 12-, Burnout (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) - END=[16]
13     [b][i]Foxbette Glider Wings![/i][/b]: Gliding 20" (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
25     [b][i]Good God, she's as bad as he is![/i][/b]: Luck 5d6 - END=0
20     [b][i]Foxbette Earpiece and Lenses[/i][/b]: (Total: 29 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group) (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2), Sense Affected As Hearing (-1/4) (Real Cost: 6) [b]plus[/b] Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (3 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) [b]plus[/b] Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) [b]plus[/b] Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 3) [b]plus[/b] Penalty Skill Levels:  +6 vs. Range Modifier with Sight Group (Custom Adder) (Real Cost: 6) - END=0
16     [b][i]Foxbette Armor![/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) - END=0
[b]POWERS Cost: 100[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
4      Body Shift:  1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4      De Cadena:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4      Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 30 STR to Disarm roll
4      Nerve Strike:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 2d6 NND
4      Pattern Strike:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike, Must Follow Block
4      Redonda/Punch:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, Weapon +2 DC Strike
3      Takedown:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Weapon  Strike; Target Falls
0      Weapon Element:  Clubs
1      Weapon Element:  Empty Hand
[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 28[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Acrobatics 14-
3      Acting 13-
3      Breakfall 14-
9      Computer Programming (Hacking and Computer Security, Personal Computers, Local Networks, Mainframes and Supercomputers, Military Computers) 13-
3      Concealment 13-
3      Contortionist 14-
10      Defense Maneuver I-IV 
3      Disguise 13-
3      Criminology 13-
3      Deduction 13-
1      High Society 8-
3      Lipreading 13-
3      Stealth 14-
2      KS: Escrima 11-
3      KS: Comics 13-
5      +1 with HTH Combat
[b]SKILLS Cost: 60[/b]
[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
10      Money:  Wealthy
[b]PERKS Cost: 10[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
20     Hunted:  Hero Group 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)
20     Hunted:  PRIMUS 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)
10     Hunted:  Supervillain she and Foxbat have annoyed most recently 8- (Mo Pow, Administer a Sound Thrashing)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Code Versus Killing Common, Total
15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity (Sandy Wertham, Freddy Foswell's Girlfriend) Frequently (11-), Major
10     Reputation:  Just as Bad as Foxbat, 11-
15     Psychological Limitation:  Loves Comics (Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Deeply in Love with Foxbat (Common, Strong)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Greedy (Very Common, Moderate)
0     Rivalry:  Romantic (Anybody who even appears to take an interest in Foxbat *or* Freddy), Rival is Less Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Unaware of Rivalry
10     Unluck: 2d6
[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]
Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

Background:

"What do you *mean* you already sold it?!?" Sandy practically screamed at the guy sitting across the counter from her. She'd *specially* asked him to get a copy of Incredible Hulk #180 for her, even paid half the *exhorbitant* price he was asking for it! Now he was telling her that somebody else had bought it from him?!?

"Hey lady, I never said you were gonna get the first one I got!" He countered. "Somebody came in offerin' to pay twice what you were gonna, so I sold it to him. You'll just have to wait."

"Who?" Sandra growled.

"That'd be me," a male voice said sheepishly from behind her. She whirled around - and looked up into the handsome face of Freddy Foswell.

"I didn't know somebody else had it coming," he explained, handing the poly-bagged comic over. "I'll just buy the next one that comes in, and we'll *all* call it even, right?" He asked, looking over at the clerk behind the counter.

"Yessir," he said, ducking his head. If they lost Foswell's business... well, it wouldn't just be his job his boss was ripping away from him, it'd probably be something far, far more intimate.

"Thanks," Sandra smiled, calming down.

"No problem, it's only what's fair and just, right?" Freddy grinned. "So, you like comics too?"

"Love 'em," she grinned. "At least the classic ones."

"Wanna come down to the ice cream place with me, we can talk?"

"Sure!"

And so two soul-mates met over a single teaser panel. After a whirlwind romance, Freddy and Sandra eloped, though for Freddy's mother's sake, Sandy didn't take the Foswell name. Their honeymoon was, in many ways, one of the strangest ones ever - it started with a tour of the comic conventions around the country, and ended with Sandy stumbling into the Foxbat Lair.

As Freddy tried to explain, his new bride just squealed in delight. Not only did this explain a few odd things that had happened in the course of their dating, but it meant that she didn't just have to be content *reading* comics anymore.

And so, Foxbette was born... and the superhero world hasn't been the same since.

Personality:

While Freddy Foswell is a complete lunatic, his wife is actually remarkably sane (for the most part). She doesn't believe that they're living in a comic book, like Freddy does, but she humors him - she just enjoys being a supervillainess (albeit not the most competent one in creation) too much to do anything else! She plays the game by Freddy's rules, as much because that's the sort of supervillainy she enjoys as anything else, and has actually come up with a very long, drawn-out, tragic 'backstory' of her own, involving being a former supervillainess in the service of any one of a number of master villains or organizations whose partner was killed trying to escape, her own body left battered and broken before she crawled back to the one person she knew she could trust....

Okay, so maybe she *isn't* the sane one, but at least she's more stable than Freddy! Admittedly, a bit like saying that Napoleon was a less successful general than Genghis Khan, but let's be generous here....

In a very real sense, marrying Freddy has given Sandy the chance to enjoy the world's most realistic super-hero LARP, and she'd rather go to jail than pass that chance up....

Besides? If she wasn't along, who'd take care of Freddy?

Quote:

"Hon? You need some help?"

Powers/Tactics:

Foxbette's tactics are somewhat more stable than Foxbat's (see prior comparison between Napoleon and the Khan family). She uses martial arts training first and foremost, having some training in escrima and a 'Foxbaton' that Freddy gave her as a belated wedding gift. Most of her powers and tactics are similar to Foxbat's, with more of a bent towards actual effectiveness (his robberies have become vastly more profitable).

Campaign Use:

Foxbat's better half - I'm sure you can figure out what that usually results in. Best not to bring her in from the beginning, but instead to have Foxbat meet her in the process of a campaign, simply so that your players can stare in disbelief when they see *two* Foxbats, one of them female.

Appearance:

Sandy is a young woman about Freddy's age with sandy blonde hair (worn in a ponytail) and bright blue eyes, usually not seen very far from her husband (she passes herself off as his date... they're still working on talking his mother into acknowledging their marriage). She cleans up rather nicely, actually, and is an attractive woman befitting a 'billionaire playboy about town.'

As Foxbette, she dresses in a costume very much like Foxbat's own, with some slight modifications to accomodate her fighting style and anatomical differences (and to let her hair hang free).

• 1 month later...

Re: Foxbat Went a Courtin'....

I use the Batfox in my campaign. The great and powerful Hermit wrote her up.

Someone else provided a picture he had done for a Foxbat femme in his game, I think he called her Vixen, but I use her picture for Batfox. I've done a search but can't find who put it out there. So I apologize in advance for not citing the artist.

Lenore? This a part of the write-up I missed somewhere?

Oh - in the vein of "Foxbat Forever," I propose the following optional add-on to Foxbat's write-up.

Foxbat Armor-Nipples: +20 PRE, Only for Presence Attacks intended to cause Fear and Loathing (not limited to Las Vegas, -1), OIVID (-1/4), 9 Real Points.

Hope I didn't break any board-rules using the word in the power write-up. :D

From Adventurer's Club #8, 1986. And featuring powers listed in the then brand new Champions II! Now I'm tempted to do an update for 5th Ed...

Lenore

18 Str 8

20 Dex 30

18 Con 16

13 Body 6

23 Int 13

18 Ego 16

20 Pre 10

20 Com 5

10 PD 6

10 ED 6

5 Spd 20

10 Rec

36 End

31 Stun

15 3d6 Luck

10 Danger Sense 11-

5 IR Vision

5 Persuation 14-

5 Stealth 13-

5 Deduction 14-

9 Shadowing 13-

3 Photography 12-

4 AK: Campaign City 13-

3 KS: Superheros 12-

5 Vehicle (Corette)

2 Concealed Weapons Permit (Secret ID)

36 30pt Gadget Pool (As seen in Champions II)

40 Multipower

4u - Teleport 15" 2x Mass, 1 Floating Location

4u - Desolid

4u - Invisibility 0 End

4u - 4d6 Ego Attack

Elemental Control - Guardian Angel (no cost listed)(Unaware +3/4)

11 A - +2 Speed, only for this EC

5 B - 20 Int (Separate from Lenore's Int)

5 C - Active Sonar

5 D - Telekinesis 10 Str, Invise, 0 End

Disads

20 Psych: Prankster

20 Psych: Compulsive Snoop

10 Psych: Code v. Killing (x1/2)

8 Psych: Disregard for Law; Spoiled (x1/2)

20 Hunted: Foxbat 8-

25 Hunted: Various Villains 8-

15 Secret ID

20 2x Stun from Light Attacks

30 2x Stun from Physical Killing Attacks

From Adventurer's Club #8, 1986. And featuring powers listed in the then brand new Champions II! Now I'm tempted to do an update for 5th Ed...

Lenore

18 Str 8

20 Dex 30

18 Con 16

13 Body 6

23 Int 13

18 Ego 16

20 Pre 10

20 Com 5

10 PD 6

10 ED 6

5 Spd 20

10 Rec

36 End

31 Stun

Lenore's origin is "mutant" IIRC, leading to her high stats. And her artwork (by D. Loubet) sure made her look like a 20 COM.

15 3d6 Luck

10 Danger Sense 11-

5 IR Vision

5 Persuation 14-

5 Stealth 13-

5 Deduction 14-

9 Shadowing 13-

3 Photography 12-

4 AK: Campaign City 13-

3 KS: Superheros 12-

5 Vehicle (Corvette)

2 Concealed Weapons Permit (Secret ID)

36 30pt Gadget Pool (As seen in Champions II)

40 Multipower

4u - Teleport 15" 2x Mass, 1 Floating Location

4u - Desolid

4u - Invisibility 0 End

4u - 4d6 Ego Attack

I forget what the SFX for this is, but just looking at it, I'm inclined to say "This fits all together how?"

Elemental Control - Guardian Angel (no cost listed)(Unaware +3/4)

11 A - +2 Speed, only for this EC

5 B - 20 Int (Separate from Lenore's Int)

5 C - Active Sonar

5 D - Telekinesis 10 Str, Invise, 0 End

Egads... old school ECs, where power one was full price, all others half. And I look at this with 5th Edition Vision and say.... "No way in heck!" In truth, the Guardian Angel should be the SFX for a Follower.

Disads

20 Psych: Prankster

20 Psych: Compulsive Snoop

10 Psych: Code v. Killing (x1/2)

8 Psych: Disregard for Law; Spoiled (x1/2)

20 Hunted: Foxbat 8-

25 Hunted: Various Villains 8-

15 Secret ID

20 2x Stun from Light Attacks

30 2x Stun from Physical Killing Attacks

Disads need some work. The Psychs need to be toned down. The last Vuln was due to her being shocked that anyone might actually hit/hurt her (IIRC correctly).

Lenore's origin is "mutant" IIRC' date=' leading to her high stats. And her artwork (by D. Loubet) sure made her look like a 20 COM.[/quote']Indeed. She's a sort of mutant. And the artwork was very nice indeed.

I forget what the SFX for this is' date=' but just looking at it, I'm inclined to say "This fits all together how?"[/quote']"She has the typical powers a powerful mutant might have." Was about how far the SFX got. Would need some updating.

Egads... old school ECs' date=' where power one was full price, all others half. And I look at this with 5th Edition Vision and say.... "No way in heck!" In truth, the Guardian Angel should be the SFX for a Follower.[/quote']

An old school EC in the sense it really makes no sense at all. The part that is unclear is what the heck the angel is. Whether it is a being who follows her around or some hidden part of her psyche. I agree follower is the best solution. An invisible one.:)

Disads need some work. The Psychs need to be toned down. The last Vuln was due to her being shocked that anyone might actually hit/hurt her (IIRC correctly).
The disads need toned down in general. The light based vuln was a effect of her powers 'resonating on a light based frequency' or something. The killing attack one was psychological shock. Frankly, I think she'll get hit more by killing attacks than light based attacks.

Not sure when I'll have the time but I'll start making notes on converting her to 5th ed. Hopefully I'll be done by next weekend.

Good lord! Someone remembers her!?!

Wait, what did she have to do with Foxbat?

(And do I still have the AC she was in?)

Opps, my bad. I was thinking that she was Foxbat's girlfriend, but I looked at my AC collection ans she is just someone who took over his base after his (exaggerated) death. She also took over the Foxbat and Fandom letter column, and that is probably where I got the idea that she was his girlfriend. Mea culpa.

Back at Foxbette.

Where are the dancing skills/knowledge? They have to stop and dance at some point in the combat / robbery / escape from justice. Preferably a tango, but a waltz would work.

Golden Avenger lies trapped under a large cargo net, only able to move slightly. Foxbat hefts the duffel bag containing the $5 million in bearer bonds and smiles at his wife.

FB - "Nice move, but that net isn't going to hold him for long darling..."

Fb - "Long enough lover. I've brought music."

FB - "Do you mean...?"

Fb - "Yes! Shall we?"

FB - "But of course!"

Foxbat takes his wife in his arms. They strike the first pose and, as the music swells, begin the first steps of the Russian Tango.

FB - "See ya' around big guy!"

Fb ; "Bye! We must do this again some time!"

And they dance away, while the Golden Avenger, held tightly by the cargo net that pins him down, just gazes in disbelief.