"Why'd you yell FIRE! when you fell into the chocolate?"

The obvious answer is "I yelled FIRE! because nobody'd save me if I yelled CHOCOLATE!"

So let's say your character fell into a vat of chocolate or some similar substance, and no matter what you yelled nobody was around to pull you out. Assuming you could not pull yourself out (and how you would pull yourself out of a vat of chocolate unaided is an interesting question in itself), how is your character gojng to be affected by being immersed in chocolate?

This is relevant because I can easily imagine some insane villain using a choclate theme in their deathtraps, or character who have taken Chocolate as a Vulnerability in hopes their GM will be merciful and they won't have to encounter it. (HA!).

The use of chocolate in weapons (or the existence of "weapons-grade chocolate") is best left to the imagination of anyone depraved enopugh to want it.

Re: "Why'd you yell FIRE! when you fell into the chocolate?"

Hah! Takes me back...

"I fell in a vat of chocolate...I fell in a vat of chocolate..."

Just about wore that tape out when I was 12.

(Ahem) anyway, I imagine Kafka, my super-fast and agile character who looks like a humanoid cockroach and is constantly munching on something sweet and sugary (partially due to a very high metabolism, and partially because he just loves the stuff) would be in heaven!

"Dang! I'm totally stuck! Oh well - only one way to get out! (hee hee!)

(munch, munch, munch, munch, munch...)

12 hours later...

"Oooooooog... So full... but... so... tasty... (munch) Oooooog... (munch) Oooooog...

24 hours later...

"OOOOooooh... My stomach hurts... Stupid chocolate! Why did I eat so much? This is all your fault!

Ohh... How could I stay mad at you? (munch, munch, munch)

2 weeks later...

"Hey Kafka! We finally made a solvent that can cut through this stuff! One minute more and you'll be out!

"NOOOOOOOOOOO! We're meant to be together! Can't you see this is all I ever wanted? YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!"

Of course, if he did want out, Kafka could just eat enough that he'd need to moult, and pull himself out of the chocolate as he shed his old exoskeleton. Mighty tricky, delicate work; and very time consuming - but I've seen plenty of philodromid crab spiders do the same on sticky traps at work. It's like if someone grabs your jacket and won't let go - you take off the jacket!

I imagine some reptilian superheroes could do the same, assuming they could last long enough while trapped in the goo and were close enough to the edge of the vat or a ladder or something. For that matter, any hero with a full-body costume, powered armour, etc. might be able to make a similar attempt - a Contortionist roll with SERIOUS penalties might be in order in some cases. Said hero would be then in the buff, or at least devoid of his or her armour, but at least free!

Lets' assume that for game reality, you are speaking of a substance that one does not have natural boyancy..

Vat of Chocolate Change Enviroment "Sticky non boyant substance"

Effect -4 swim, -4 Jump, -4 Run, -4 flight

Now a character falls into vat, if their swim is reduced to 0 and have no surface to jump off of they either have to fly, or teleport, maybe even tunneling.

I would determine how long they have before submerged, then how long till they hit bottom. Then see how long they can hold their breath until they die.

Now They could use a EB to evaporate the material, or blow a hole out of the side of the container, or as a limited form of tunneling by blowing chucks of liquid substance all over the place...

but that would make it a entangle now wouldn't it....Hmmm...

Just my 2 cents.

Something Like this;

27 Entangle 5d6, 4DEF (Stops a given Sense Group, Hearing, Sight, Smell/Taste, Area of Effect (8" Radius; +1) (150 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF Immoble (-1 1/2), No Range (-1/2), Nonresistant DEF (-1/4, Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4)

Aka a Lake of Chocolate 16" across that a person slowly submerges into with added benifit of

Change enviroment only if submerged, Liquid.

Actually' date=' I'd imagine most people (and characters) would float pretty well in melted chocolate. It seems like it must be a bit denser than water. Let's just hope it's not too hot....[/quote']

Have you ever had fondu chocolate? It's pretty friggin' hot. It's like dumping molten wax on your skin, hurts bad for a short time. But, if you're submerged in the stuff, it'll hurt bad for a long time. ;)

Re: Falling into a vat of chocolate

Heh. This reminds me of one of my favorite [ethnicity] jokes. To keep it (somewhat) on-topic, I've made slight changes to the joke.

"Mrs. [Hershey], I've got terrible news for you. Your husband fell into a vat of [chocolate] at the factory and drowned."

"What? Didn't anyone pull him out in time?"

"Ah, lass, we fished him out three times, I'll have you know, but the blasted fool kept jumping back in!"

:P

Franklin

Have you ever had fondu chocolate? It's pretty friggin' hot. It's like dumping molten wax on your skin' date=' hurts bad for a short time. But, if you're submerged in the stuff, it'll hurt bad for a long time. ;)[/quote']

You can keep some chocolate melted right around body temperature I believe (ever had a candy bar melt in your pocket? Ewwww!). But it could certainly be kept hotter, and perhaps some kinds of chocolate would have to be kept hotter. I don't know. :shrug:

You can keep some chocolate melted right around body temperature I believe (ever had a candy bar melt in your pocket? Ewwww!). But it could certainly be kept hotter' date=' and perhaps some kinds of chocolate would [i']have[/i] to be kept hotter. I don't know. :shrug:

Maybe that's a property of weapons-grade chococlate, it keeps itself very hot until exposed to air, then cools rapidly.

The result is hot melted choclate you can cover a foe with, with the unpleasant effetcs mentioned above, and then rapidly solidified before the victim has the chance to wash it off.

Sweet, sweet nastiness. Unless you don't sweeten it (chocolate isn't sweet until you add sugar to it in some form).

Also after all these years I finially see a use for tunneling. :-)

Tunneling, only through chocolate?

That's got to be a pretty hefty Limitation (common substance, but how often are you going to find chocolate in large enough solid quantities that you can tunnel through it, much less need to?

Tunneling, only through chocolate?

That's got to be a pretty hefty Limitation (common substance, but how often are you going to find chocolate in large enough solid quantities that you can tunnel through it, much less need to?

Five words: Willy Wonka is Your Hunter.

Maybe that's a property of weapons-grade chococlate, it keeps itself very hot until exposed to air, then cools rapidly.

The result is hot melted choclate you can cover a foe with, with the unpleasant effetcs mentioned above, and then rapidly solidified before the victim has the chance to wash it off.

Dang it! Now I feel tempted to create a whole superhero based around chocolate powers. Good thing I'm so lazy. Grumble, grumble. :)

Sweet, sweet nastiness. Unless you don't sweeten it (chocolate isn't sweet until you add sugar to it in some form).

Yeah. I've always thought people are crazy to eat so much milk chocolate and such. Bitter to semi-sweet dark chocolate all the way here baby! That's the good stuff! (Though I must admit white chocolate is pretty good too.)

"So you see, Rose, all life on the planet Cadbury is based around chocolate modules."

"You're kidding, Doctor!"

"I kid you not. That's why it's been placed off-limits for human colonization. The exploration team came back with such an enormous dental bill that the authorities decided it wasn't worth the risk."

Have you ever had fondu chocolate? It's pretty friggin' hot. It's like dumping molten wax on your skin' date=' hurts bad for a short time. But, if you're submerged in the stuff, it'll hurt bad for a long time. ;)[/quote']

Don't know about fondue chocolate, but after the conching process, chocolate is kept in heated tanks, somewhere between 115-122 degrees. It would hurt pretty bad, since you'd be immersed in it, but I don't expect that burns would be as big an issue as drowning.

"So you see, Rose, all life on the planet Cadbury is based around chocolate modules."

"You're kidding, Doctor!"

"I kid you not. That's why it's been placed off-limits for human colonization. The exploration team came back with such an enormous dental bill that the authorities decided it wasn't worth the risk."

Didn't a previous incarnation indeed visit a planet of living candy people?

Don't know about fondue chocolate' date=' but after the conching process, chocolate is kept in heated tanks, somewhere between 115-122 degrees. It would hurt pretty bad, since you'd be immersed in it, but I don't expect that burns would be as big an issue as drowning.[/quote']

Would the two sources of damage be cumulative, though?

Didn't a previous incarnation indeed visit a planet of living candy people?

There was a torturer-assassin made to look like a walking talking selection fo homicidal Allsorts in one of the McCoy episodes.

It was not one of the better McCoy episodes.