Character Creation Challenge: Horror Speedster

AdamLeisemann

This thread is intended as a just-for-fun mental challenge of applying unusual character types in a particulat genre. In this case: A horror Speedster.

In the Horror genre, the most important ability is the ability to get out! Create a 50 point competent normal on the theme of speed. No Experience points allowed, because you are creating a starting character. Follow the Competent Normal Guidelines in FREd. There are no wrong answers. Have fun.

Re: Character Creation Challenge: Horror Speedster

I do not have my books with me, but I would build a “Skittish†Multipower with Gliding (OIF Objects of Opportunity), Leaping and Running. Maybe toss in Extra END on Leaping and Running, Limited Power - Only at beginning of combat and/or only to run away. Incantations throughout? Screeching in terror? I would also give the character Enhanced Senses (Nervous, Paranoid) and Lightning Reflexes.

Running with Invisible Power Effects. No matter how hard you try to escape it' date=' it always seems to be right in front of you, yet never seems to move...[/quote']

Yup that's a good one. I was thinking of a teleport only to a fixed location (you). There would be something that would fix you as the lcoation (you broke into the tomb etc) and after that the bad guy keys in on you, when you open a wardrobe door, turn round to see who just bumped into you on the the deserted train or knocked over those shelves in the Library.

Doc

I do not have my books with me' date=' but I would build a “Skittish†Multipower with Gliding (OIF Objects of Opportunity), Leaping and Running. Maybe toss in Extra END on Leaping and Running, Limited Power - Only at beginning of combat and/or only to run away. Incantations throughout? Screeching in terror? I would also give the character Enhanced Senses (Nervous, Paranoid) and Lightning Reflexes.[/quote']

Don Knotts?? :confused:;)

This thread is intended as a just-for-fun mental challenge of applying unusual character types in a particulat genre. In this case: A horror Speedster.

In the Horror genre, the most important ability is the ability to get out! Create a 50 point competent normal on the theme of speed. No Experience points allowed, because you are creating a starting character. Follow the Competent Normal Guidelines in FREd. There are no wrong answers. Have fun.

Without actualy making the character, my first idea would be an olympic athlete, maybe gymnist, but probably a Decathalon type...

he could enter the Spd.Zone, but not necessarily to kill or attack:

but for rapid fire PRE attacks

1. room full of normal people

2. then our villain does his drive-by horrification.

3. room full of people shaking or wetting themselves.

Suppress Running 2d6, IPE (defined as your target stumbling, tripping, twisting ankles, running into stuck doors, having to dodge falling things, etc.). As long as the character keeps spending END, the effects are maintained, so it's long-lasting, as well. Total Cost = 20pts.

Not Suppress Running, but Suppress Dex. Fumbling to get the keys in the ignition, fumbling to get the door latch latched, shaking uncontrollably with a kitchen knife in one hand and a flashlight in the other, freezing like a deer in the headlights when they see the blood-dripping hatchet in your hand...