Analyze Teen Social Sturcture Skill? What to do?

I have a player that has come up with a very interesting skill. As I understand it the player says his character grew up in a bad environment and as a result his character has learned how to study a group of teenagers interacting with each other and as a result of that study he can learn what the social pecking order and situation is.

It is not a supernatural ability.

It requires some time and some amount of study.

The player, he is new, at first bought the Analyze Skill. I have thought about KS: Analyze Teen Social Structure, or it could be built as a Detect of some kind.

How would you build it?

Re: Analyze Teen Social Sturcture Skill? What to do?

To me, it looks like your player came up with the ideal way to work it on the first try. (Your mileage may, of course, vary.)

Is there a reason why you feel that the Analyze skill isn't doing what he wants in your game?

I don't have the rules for Analyze, does it just give a bonus to the relavent skills?

Since this is not a power, I might be tempted to give the character skill levels for social skills. Then, after a bit of study, allow the character to spend a CP on the relavent social skill for the group in question. 11-, + a lot of skill levels, will make him a fast study.

High PRE would do the same thing, most of the time, and also be useful in other situations. YMMV.

TTFN

I believe using Analyse is an excellent idea! What this player seems to want isn't the ability to interact with such groups, or really know about them, just how each member of any group of teens relates to others in the group. Analyse would do just that, and could be used to provide bonuses to Interaction Skills and applicable KSs about teens and teen society (in the same way Analyse: Fighting Style would give a character CV bonuses).

Other such Skills should be a must for this character though. At a bare minimum he should have KS: The Teenager World (a subculture) or something similar to explain his point of reference and involvement in teen society.

I agree with Derek & Shrike. A variation on High Society would be easiest. But, while being cheap, it'd be geographically limited. Euro / Asian teens might not show the same 'pecking' orders. Backwards and forwards in time might throw him off kilter as well.