WWYD if you could recieve ONE super power

Spiral

Re: WWYD if you could recieve ONE super power

Does wanting to be a DC Comics Martian count as one power? Probably not or everyone would want to be Kryptonian.

Having Telepathy would be amazing but it would also be like knowing where everyone keeps their diary and where the key is. It would take a better man than I to not peek at random, but you could help so many people with that.

40 pts of PRE later and soon I'm living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Apparently I wouldn't even have to buy Oratory, as it's clear that Presidents don't need it anymore.

The game I played in where the players were themselves and we got to make this choice I chose to be a Tough Brick. Caught a 30-30 round in the teeth and got back up spitting mad. I could military press a military vehicle. I was the only one able to lift Mjolnir (turned out I was an avatar of Thorr.) Good times.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of extended/extra senses. X-ray vision, extended dark vision with flash compensation, infrared sensitivity, microwave radar, extended hearing in both infrasonic and ultrasonic (again with flash compensation), active sonar, gamma-ray and X-ray spectroscopic discrimination, ....

Lots of extended/extra senses. X-ray vision' date=' extended dark vision with flash compensation, infrared sensitivity, microwave radar, extended hearing in both infrasonic and ultrasonic (again with flash compensation), active sonar, gamma-ray and X-ray spectroscopic discrimination, ....[/quote']

A Cure for Cancer would be pretty nice... :cool:

Lots of extended/extra senses. X-ray vision' date=' extended dark vision with flash compensation, infrared sensitivity, microwave radar, extended hearing in both infrasonic and ultrasonic (again with flash compensation), active sonar, gamma-ray and X-ray spectroscopic discrimination, ....[/quote']

To have Superman's senses....That would be amazing.

Tough question... There are so many that I want.

I'm going to just declare that a Dr. Strange type Magic VPP would be out, so...

Major Mental Transform, Improved Results Group (Anything +1), Completely Invisible Effect

Peace,

-k

Huh... so many interesting answers... and while living forever or jumping around in time and such would be fun, I wouldn't want to stick out too much. But barring immortality/life support, I'd just like to be simply invulnerable... no armor, no force fields, just invulnerable in all aspects.

That way I could do what I want and not worry about anything, I could stop crying like a little girl when something hurts, and its not too showy. Hard to explain, sometimes, maybe... but kind of neat. This, of course, includes invulnerability to cancer and such as well. =)

Then, maybe, I'd actually go skydiving like my wife wants... or bunjee jumping or whatever. (yeah, she's kind of a nut) And I could actually fight back when that kid keeps taking my lunch money. =)

One thing I would consider doing is inspired from the comic "Wanted."

I might steal The Killer's power: to simply make things stop breathing. To kill. Anything.

Not a pleasant thought, but if I was in a world where I knew supervillains existed...

Wait, I have a better answer... I'd want to recieve Wuxia (I believe some call it that?) or basically the whole "mystical martial art" power. Apparently it includes just about everything anyway, but with cool poses too! =)

Huh... so many interesting answers... and while living forever or jumping around in time and such would be fun, I wouldn't want to stick out too much. But barring immortality/life support, I'd just like to be simply invulnerable... no armor, no force fields, just invulnerable in all aspects.

That way I could do what I want and not worry about anything, I could stop crying like a little girl when something hurts, and its not too showy. Hard to explain, sometimes, maybe... but kind of neat. This, of course, includes invulnerability to cancer and such as well. =)

The thing about having invulnerability and not wanting to stick out is that if you need one, then I wouldn't so much worry about the other.

Basiclly, if someone is going to unload a 44 mag into my skull I would rather have someone notice my invulnerbility then to not have that ability ;)

The thing about having invulnerability and not wanting to stick out is that if you need one, then I wouldn't so much worry about the other.

Basiclly, if someone is going to unload a 44 mag into my skull I would rather have someone notice my invulnerbility then to not have that ability ;)

I more meant not to stick out by not having a flashy power, not the idea that it didn't work all the time. =) Thus the part about being hard to explain at times...

Nothing like messing up on a skydive... and then getting up from the crater and dusting yourself off. Just trying to avoid that is all... I'd rather get up from the crater. :D

The ability to read minds. Especially if I didn't need line of sight and could target minds over a distance.

I could be the ultimate spy. Or work for the military and pick the brains of captured terrorists to discover the identities and locations of Al-Quaeda operatives and their current plans. Just start with the terrorists we already have in prison and I believe that we could completely wipe out Al-Quaeda in a couple of months.

Or work in law enforcement doing criminal investigations. It would be easy to determine who was guilty or not. And even if I couldn't use the information in court, being able to pick a criminal's brain would enable me to find out what really happened and what evidence to look for and where it was located.

There are a lot other cool powers to have. But I believe that mind reading would have the most impact because of the potential to stop criminal activity.

Oh and I suppose having some vastly powerful ability like the power cosmic or molecule man's powers would be really useful too. But I assume that would be cheating since those types of powers could be used in so many ways as to be almost limitless.

Actually, this one comes over from the "worthless power" thread, but Taste as a Ranged Sense would absolutely freaking rock. No more walking into a restaurant and saying, "wow, that looks good, I'd like to try some of that". Try everything you see. Add in some Stretching, Does not cross intervening space, and you can stand outside restaurants trying whatever you want.

Not that I love good food or anything. Seriously, this would be an absolutely awesome power to have.

Actually, this one comes over from the "worthless power" thread, but Taste as a Ranged Sense would absolutely freaking rock. No more walking into a restaurant and saying, "wow, that looks good, I'd like to try some of that". Try everything you see. Add in some Stretching, Does not cross intervening space, and you can stand outside restaurants trying whatever you want.

Not that I love good food or anything. Seriously, this would be an absolutely awesome power to have.

Waiter! There's saliva backwash in my soup! :idjit:

Though the power would cure the need for, and consequences of, a chocolate fix! :yes:

I'd go for a healing thing - a mp with healing and transform, but if frameworks were not allowed just transform - Transform to the perfect physical version of yourself - perfect weight, no genetic defects or illnesses, that sort of thing. Then I'd hit myself and my wife with it, and we could have kids. :)

I am going to have to go with invulnerability, absolute total invulnerability, as well. If nothing can harm you ever that is damned cool. Want to see the absolute top of the Sears towers...go ahead, after all a fall from that height will only hurt the pavement. Explore the seven seas..go for it. If you get eaten by a creature, well it might be interesting to wrassle your way out. After all those muscles are not that strong.

Yep to be invulnerable.

Hawksmoor

I'd go for a healing thing - a mp with healing and transform' date=' but if frameworks were not allowed just transform - Transform to the perfect physical version of yourself - perfect weight, no genetic defects or illnesses, that sort of thing. Then I'd hit myself and my wife with it, and we could have kids. :)[/quote']

That's no good. You'd just end up getting nailed to a cross.

I more meant not to stick out by not having a flashy power, not the idea that it didn't work all the time. =) Thus the part about being hard to explain at times...

Nothing like messing up on a skydive... and then getting up from the crater and dusting yourself off. Just trying to avoid that is all... I'd rather get up from the crater. :D

Reminds me of Family Guy when "death" is injured and Peter goes about town doing suicideal thigns like jumping off buildings and getting into fights with thugs at a bar. At the bar every ends up shooting everyone else when they find out nobody can die. And of course being the states, everyone has a gun ;)

I do agree, with invuln, I think I would keep a low profile. If I had massive stats, plus invul, plus a few other powers and a 10 000 point Cosmic VPP, I might change, or I might not. After all with that many points, there would be little need to actually make yourself known to effect change or get what you want.

Reminds me of Family Guy when "death" is injured and Peter goes about town doing suicideal thigns like jumping off buildings and getting into fights with thugs at a bar. At the bar every ends up shooting everyone else when they find out nobody can die. And of course being the states' date=' everyone has a gun ;)[/quote']

That episode was funny as heck. I loved it. =)

I was going to go into a diatribe about gun-banning, but decided it was against the lighter side of this thread... and I do so hate it when things get political.... so I'm gonna skip it. =)

I would like to thank everyone for their replies it has given me some good ideals for a game I am planning to run where the PC's will recieve ONE power after waking up one morning.

It will be a low powered game and a change from their current 500+ point characters they are currently playing. I can hear the groans now they like those multipowers and VPP's but sometimes change is good and needed.