Bizarre Spell Ideas

Michael Hopcroft

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bizarre Spell Ideas

867-5309 is a classic one-hit-wonder of the 80s by Tommy Tutone.

And is one of the reasons that this number is never given as a residental number.

Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?

You give me something I can hold on to.

I know you think I'm like the others before

Who saw your name and number on the wall

Jenny, I got your number,

I need to make you mine.

Jenny, don't change your number,

8-6-7-5-3-0-9 (8-6-7-5-3-0-9)

Jenny, Jenny, you're the girl for me.

You don't know me but you make me so happy.

I tried to call you before but I lost my nerve.

I tried my imagination, but I was disturbed.

Jenny, I got your number,

I need to make you mine.

Jenny, don't change your number,

I got it, I got it!

I got your number on the wall!

I got it, I got it!

For a good time, for a good time call....

Jenny, don't change your number.

I need to make you mine.

Jenny. I'll call your number,

Jenny, Jenny who can I turn to? (8-6-7-5-3-0-9)

For the price of a dime I can always turn to you.

(8-6-7-5-3-0-9)

5-3-0-9

5-3-0-9

5-3-0-9

5-3-0-9

Is Everybody Happy?: This spell induces a sense of amusement and enjoyment on everyone in the area of effect regardless of other circumstances. They could be fighting for their lives, suffering and dying, but they're having fun doing it.

Don't Worry, Be Happy!: When cast on a person under stress, the subject will completely ignore and forget the cause of that stress.

A few of my favorite things...

We were playing a bunch of mages in medieval Germany. And every winter, the temperature would drop to below freezing and all our little peasants would complain about how cold and miserable they were. :cry:

Now, my character was one of the few mages that actually cared about the peasants in that sort of "fae don't quite understand, but want to help" sort of way. So.... he pulled a spell from one of the old dusty books and started listing the items that he would need: "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings." When asked what the spell would do, "It says here, 'and then I don't feel so bad.' There's a warning that the spell should only be used in the most desperate of times since it is really powerful."

They almost tried it, which would have caused the entire city of peasants to be singing "A few of my favorite things" for the spell's duration which was one season. :eg: Luckily (for them), wisdom prevailed.

And the peasants never complained how about how cold it got in the winter again. :rockon:

"Girls in white satin, all tied up in string... These are a few of my favorite things..." - Favorite intentionally misquoted line

Horse of a different color - This is your typical pocket statue that transforms into a horse. However, a minor glitch in creation led to the horse being white and brown splotches on it. (Too much cow bell.) Sometimes, it moos instead of whinnies.

Food that Mother Nature never intended - This was a typical Create Food spell, but due to a transmutation glitch, all the food created had the colors, textures, and flavors mixed.

Food that Mother Nature never intended - This was a typical Create Food spell, but due to a transmutation glitch, all the food created had the colors, textures, and flavors mixed.

It's not Nutritious but it will keep you alive - another Create Food spell. The food created appears in a small tin (with the mysterious symbols Underwoodthat contains a pale paste like substance that tastes like Chicken.

:)

Detect the Blindingly Obvious" Lets you see what is right in front of you. Then it blinds you because it is so OBVIOUS

Conceal the Obvious: when cast on an area, it prevents the detection of anything or anyone in the area whose presence ought to be blindingly obvious, which may or may not include the caster.

Elephant in the Room: Summons an elephant into the middle of a living room or similar area, and prevents any discussion whatsoever, or verbal acknowledgment, of the pachyderm's presence. It could do anything it wished, from eating the furniture to dropping dead, and nobody would admit to noticing.

Elephant in the Room: Summons an elephant into the middle of a living room or similar area, and prevents any discussion whatsoever, or verbal acknowledgment, of the pachyderm's presence. It could do anything it wished, from eating the furniture to dropping dead, and nobody would admit to noticing.

Offspring in the Room: Summons your child into the room (or the child just wanders in, feeling bored and not the centre of attention). Otherwise has the same effects as the spell Elephant in the Room.

Make Sandwich: You can summon any hot or cold sandwich into your hand. You can either eat it yourself or give it to someone else. Unlike most such summonings' date=' this spell [i']requires absolute silence[/i].

The counterspell is, of course....

You've made Your Sandwich, now you have to lie in it.

This spell enlarges any magical created sandwiches in the area to the size of a queen-size bed. If the creator of said created sandwich is nearby, he feels an overwhelming need to lift the top piece of bread and lettuce (if it is there) and crawl on in. The sandwich is still edible, but it does not provide any more nurishment than if it was still normal size.

Summon Like Chicken

Summons that strange creature that is part snake, part chicken, part pig, part lizard, part ostrich, and part turtle that all meat seems to taste exactly the same as this creature. Not to be confused with Summon Light Chicken which either glows in the dark or is weightless or both.

OMGWTFBBQ

Saying these phrase summons BBQ fried chicken from your diety. The caster must be genuinely surpised. Summons 3d6 pieces.

The counterspell is, of course....

You've made Your Sandwich, now you have to lie in it.

This spell enlarges any magical created sandwiches in the area to the size of a queen-size bed. If the creator of said created sandwich is nearby, he feels an overwhelming need to lift the top piece of bread and lettuce (if it is there) and crawl on in. The sandwich is still edible, but it does not provide any more nurishment than if it was still normal size.

Of course the sandwich is still edible, as is the caster for that matter.

Hey, Brunhilde! Beer Me!: You can summon a bottle or mug of the beer served in the Halls of the Gods. You and only you can drink it. It has only the same effect as ordinary beer but it is, however, very, very good beer.

• 2 weeks later...

For Those About to Rock, We Salute You: Transforms a large group of people to stone. The trigger is the caster making any gesture that the subjects would perceive as deferential. If it's a gesture that would actually insult the subjects, the spell doesn't work, making it iffy against people whose culture you are not familiar with (such as orcs if you're human).

For Those About to Rock' date=' We Salute You:[/b'] Transforms a large group of people to stone. The trigger is the caster making any gesture that the subjects would perceive as deferential. If it's a gesture that would actually insult the subjects, the spell doesn't work, making it iffy against people whose culture you are not familiar with (such as orcs if you're human).

The alternative version

We Will, We Will Rock You:

This version doesn't require the deferential gesture but does require a rhythmic clap and stomp that goes Clap Clap Stomp, Clap Clap Stomp