Char: Blackcat (with art) 2000th Post

Lord Mhoram

Well, this post in my number 2000. I decided in my rush of posting characters recently to save Cat for that occasion. So here she is in all her glory. Founding member of the Team Tempest, Team trainer and tactician for Watchtower the Worlds Most Powerful Superteam, friend of the Mayor of Byzantium, Agent of the Pentarchy, and all around really nice person, who kicks a lot of patootie.... iiiit'ss Blaaackcaaaa-aat:Background: Sonia grew up on the other side of a duplex with a Chinese family. The two fathers were friends for years. Her father's friend was into martial arts, and Sonia got a little early tutoring. She and the boy next door grew up together, and were going to marry at 20, but he died as a bystander in a super fight involving a "racial purity" supervillian.The first appearance of her powers happened when she was 15. They were weak and intermittent for years. She trained them to potency. . She had been planning to become a Superhero when She had control of her powers, and they were strong enough to compete, and was ready to take advantage of the situation when it occurred.In school Sonia studied literature. She became fascinated by the exploits of great tacticians; Alexander, Caesar, and others. She started using the tactics described in these books, modified for single or small groups in her martial training. In college she got her degree in Byzantine history, and her Masters Degree in comparative literature: comparing European and Asian tactical studies, primarily Caesar, Napoleon, Sun-tsu, and Musashi.Her martial arts style is an amalgam of many different styles and techniques. She has studied Kung Fu, Karate, Aikido, Judo and others. Her first exposure to martial arts (her childhood friends) was Shao Lin Tiger style. She named her combination style and her school Crimson Tiger. She is always studying different martial arts to improve her own style. Sonia's style is difficult to recognize (hence no style disad), something she consciously enhances while in superhero mode, to avoid being recognized.Her career as a super hero went well, with the team Tempest. She actively contributed to the teams performance and fairly consistently harped on them to improve their tactics. She lived the "normal" super hero life until something very strange happened. A time traveler from the future came back in time and tried to kill Kid Thunder (one of her teammates) and then her. She stopped him and he spun a tale of a bleak future that all came about because of a war. This war started because of the deaths of Tempest in the very near future. He took them to his time to see what it was like. When they returned, the team worked hard to make sure it never came about. The fight in which everyone died, Black Cat took a shot targeted for Thunder, and died.In a rather involved quest to save the girl Friday of a mage friend of theirs, the team recovered Sonia?s soul, and brought her back from the dead. The only trouble was it wasn't completely her, or rather she was there but so was something else. It turns out her powers drew on extradimensional forces and there were intelligences there. When she came back, so did one of them (well sort of, more of a alteration to her, than a separate entity, an alteration that resided in her powers.) It kept her physical capacity, without the powers, very low, and kept her from healing or progressing in her therapy. It began to effect her personality, she became very easily angered and very prone to violence. This tendency became very apparent in her capture by Genocide. This kept escalating until she snapped, after killing The leader of a Nazi supervillian team. In the arguments that followed, she got the team into the danger room, with a specially prepared program. She fought and won against her teammates, going so far as to almost kill Oracles. She then went after a local industrialist.When she snapped the team had to stop her. The only way to do this was to de-power her. The means to do this was in the hands of the industrialist that Cat had gone after. When she was depowered, she snapped back to reality, and realized what had happened. She turned herself in, and was jailed. During this period, in about two weeks time, all of her physical skills returned, as well as the improvement she would have received had she not been being restrained. During her incarceration, with very little time for much else, she thought and meditated, and came to a "physical revelation". She leaped over the individual styles and moves of the different martial arts, and became an artist, able to create as she fought. She also came to a much greater understanding of self. She lost much of her anger and insecurities.While in stronghold, she became fast friends(and more) with Chuck. There was also a number of assassination attempts by Black Saphire, one of which was a Martial Artist. It was in this fight that she came to her understanding.Prof Muerte, for reasons known only to himself, built a very nasty laser sattilite. He used it, after a threat to nail LA, on Stonghold. Those people in stonghold who used thier abilities to keep everyone else in were pardoned. Once she was out, she returned to her superhero career. Her head student in her school secretly started a "superteam" the White Tigers after her secret ID became public during the trial, and she started watching out for them. She spent another year being a normal superhero, and then got invited to the Dragon Tournement. She won. After that, she and Gibralter moved from Earth to Byzantium.Cat spent two years in this extradimensional city, where all roads led to Byzantium, and a special operative of the leader of the city, Owen. She ended up distingiushing herself in the BSU (Byzantine special units). After the end of her enlistment, she took time off, with the intent of going back to Earth and taking up superheroing again. She helpd formed the team Watchtower, and after the first mission took down Dr Destroyer, and then weathering some major press flak because of how it happened, she found it pale - that it felt like a step back. So she spent about six months training the newer supers and helping get the team set up, when fate intervened, and she ended up getting recruited by the Pentarchy a multidimensional police force and military as a special agent. She is tasked with going through times and different dimensions and fixing whatever problem it is that the Pentarchy see there.Personality: After all that she had been through, Sonia has a very even keel. She is a relaxed easy going individual, in normal situations. Get her in her element (combat) she is very intense and very perfectionistic. She is searching, in a sense for "the perfect tactic". She doesn't figure that she will find it, but it keeps her on track. Very little makes her lose her emotional balance. The only things that make her see red are racism and abuse of the innocent. Her honor system is very Asian. Her life outlook is very Western. It makes for an interesting mix .Quote:"I think you may have underestimated me."Powers/Tactics: Her powers are that of a "superhumanly" trained individual. She has no direct superpowers. She can do most of the things attributed to masters of Ch'i and other Asian mystics. Her defenses are almost as strong as they were with her Darkforce. Her offensive capabilities are phenomenal, in the upper ranges of paranormal speed and damage. She also has the capacity to "mimic" any martial arts style in existence; in reality she can do almost any specific technique, and uses her flexibility to confuse opposition who rely on understanding fighting styles.She believes in fast and furious. Hit them hard and quick until they fall. Her own personal tactics depend on her opponent. She blends her style to be the most effective against the way they fight. In group tactics she is very aware of movement. In most of her studies, the army lost a battle, not because of inferior fighting ability, but by loss of mobility. She also thinks that using teamwork, two or more members doing something together to increase overall effectiveness. She is also a strong believer in reconnaissance and information. She has been studying supers since youth. She has a complete run of Superhype. She feels that good information, planning, preparation and practice is the key to winning; not just duking it out and hoping you win.Campaign Use: As a PC :-)But otherwise-Black Cat is the quintessential fighting martial artist. She has no stealth or intrusion skills, but can fight and beat just about anyone. She has gone beyond the need for syles and practices perfect improvisations combat. She could be used as a teacher for a martial artist hero, or as a trainer for a superteam. Her focus on tactics and method, and her extreme physical training would drive most superteams to the limit.Appearance: Sonia is a lithe, well built woman. Caucasian, with curly dark brown hair, and penetrating ice blue eyes. She moves very gracefully, and shines with an inner light. She radiates an aura of peace and power. Her costume is a modified black gi/bodysuit, with red and green color strips for color, and silver highlights, she wears `slippers' for footwear, made of the same material as her suit, but with increadibly hard soles.Character Sheet:

[b]Black Cat - Sonia Caruthers[/b][b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]20    STR     10   20      13-       HTH Damage 4d6  END [1]32    DEX     66   32      15-       OCV 11 DCV 1128    CON     36   28      15-18    BODY    16   18      13-18    INT     8   18      13-       PER Roll 18-18    EGO     16   18      13-       ECV: 620    PRE     10   20      13-       PRE Attack: 4d618    COM     4   18      13-29    PD      16   29             29 PD (17 rPD)29    ED      14   29             29 ED (17 rED)9    SPD     48   9                 Phases:  2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 1210    REC     0   1056    END     0   5655    STUN    13   5510    RUN      8   10"                END [1]4    SWIM     2   4"                END [1]4    LEAP     0   4"                4" forward, 2" upward[b]CHA Cost: 267[/b][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]126     [b][i]Martial Arts and Chi manuevers[/i][/b]: VPP, 82 base + 44 control cost, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cosmic (+2) (225 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Martial Arts and Ch'i manuevers only - Generally only combat (nothing that lasts for very long) (-1), Pool reserve is also total active point cap (-1); all slots Limited Power No Push (-1/4) - END=      - END=15     [b][i]Ch'i Training and focus[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 30-point powers - END=6     1)  [b][i]Ch'i Fist[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +10d6; Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2), 2 Recoverable Charges (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Cannot Be Used With Multiple-Power Attacks (-1/4), No Push (-1/4) - END=254     2)  [b][i]Ch'i Shift[/i][/b]: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Any Location); Increased Endurance Cost (5x END; -2), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1) - END=1515     3)  [b][i]It's _my_ Ch'i[/i][/b]: Power Defense (20 points), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (30 Active Points) - END=012     4)  [b][i]Ch'i Healing[/i][/b]: Regeneration - 2 active points of characteristic per turn, Vs All Characterstics at the same time. (+2); Variable Lim (-1/2 worth) - Per 5 minutes or 0 DCV throughout, or only when unconcious/ negative body (-1/4) - END=010     5)  [b][i]Ch'i Pain Masking[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN  Only (-1/2) - END=010     6)  [b][i]Ch'i Pain Masking[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN  Only (-1/2) - END=0      - END=15     [b][i]Acrobating Movement[/i][/b]: Usable as Flight (+1/4), Usable Superleap (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) applied to Running - END=1     [b][i]Metabolism control[/i][/b]: LS  (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week) - END=01     [b][i]Meditation Training[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) - END=03     [b][i]Meditation Training[/i][/b]: Lightsleep - END=5     [b][i]Endurance Training[/i][/b]: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (5 Active Points) applied to STR - END=2     [b][i]Concentration Training[/i][/b]: Eidetic Memory; Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1) - END=15     [b][i]Awareness Training[/i][/b]: +5 PER with All Sense Groups - END=013     [b][i]Ch'i Sense[/i][/b]:  Detect Ch'i 13- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze - END=08     [b][i]Iron Shirt[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED) - END=010     [b][i]Blessing of the Gods (Dragon Tournement)[/i][/b]: Luck 2d6 - END=02     [b][i]Blessings of Longevity (Dragon Tournement)[/i][/b]: LS  (Longevity: 400 Years) - END=01     [b][i]Soul Strengthening[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (3 Power Def.), Hardened (x2; +1/2) - END=0      - END=     Psi Training [Notes: Effective DECV 12 
Effective Defensive Ego 23 
] - END=12     +4 DECV  - END=5     +3 (Ego) Breakout Rolls - END=11     Mental Defense (16 points total) (Defensive Ego added in) - END=01     Damage Resistance (3 Mental Def.) - END=06     +5 EGO; Only For Defensive Psi stuff (figuring Mental D, DECV, Breakout rolls, and effect levels) (-3/4) - END=15     Mental Damage Reduction, 50% (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type Of Attack Not Vs Damage (-1) - END=0       - END=4     Saving for something - END=0[b]POWERS Cost: 328[/b][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]      
Martial Arts3      Defensive Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Block, Target Falls3      Grappling Block:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, Block3      Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Strike, Target Falls3      Flying Dodge:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Dogde, Abort, FMove3      Passing Attack:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Target Falls, FMove[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 15[/b][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]3      Breakfall 15-3      Acrobatics 15-3      Martial Arts  15-2      PS: Kata/Forms Performance (JOT) 15-2      PS: Dancing (JOT) 15-      48      +6 with All Combat10      Defense Maneuver I-IV 9      Ambidexterity (Eliminate Off Hand Penalty entirely) 22      Danger Sense (Sense, Intuitional, Out of Combat) 18-      5      Tactics 14-3      KS: Military/Tactical History (Scholar) 14-3      KS: Strategy / Tactics (Scholar) 14-3      Deduction (Intuition) 13-      3      SS:  Anatomy (Scientist) 13-2      SS:  Kinesthology (Scientist) 13-2      PS: Physical Therapy (JOT) 13-3      PS: Mystic Healing (JOT) 13-3      Paramedics 13-      2      PS: Teacher (JOT) 13-3      KS: Ch'i (Scholar) 14-2      KS: Eastern Philosophy (Scholar) 13-2      KS: Martial Arts Mystic World (Scholar) 13-2      KS: Martial Arts Styles (Scholar) 13-2      KS: Martial World (Scholar) 13-      2      KS: Current Events (Scholar) 13-2      KS: History (Scholar) 13-2      KS: Agencies (Scholar) 13-2      KS: Supers (Scholar) 13-      2      KS: Byzantium (Scholar) 13-2      KS: The Twelve Worlds (Scholar) 13-2      KS: The Mystic Universe (Scholar) 13-2      SS:  Political Science (Scientist) 13-2      KS: Politics (Scholar) 13-       3      Persuasion 13-3      Oratory 13-3      Conversation 13-3      Bureaucratics 13-3      Acting 13-       4      Gambling (Board Games, Card Games) 13-3      KS: Tactical Games (Scholar) 14-2      KS: Games (Scholar) 13-3      PS: Tactical Gaming (JOT) 14-       0      L:  English (idiomatic; Native)3      L:  Cantonese (completely fluent)1      L:  Mandarin (completely fluent; Similarity & Linguist)1      L:  Hakka (completely fluent; Similarity & Linguist)1      L:  Wu (completely fluent; Similarity & Linguist)3      L:  Japanese (completely fluent)1      L:  Latin (completely fluent; Linguist and Similarity)1      L:  French (completely fluent; Linguist & Similarity)1      L:  German (completely fluent; Linguist & Similarity)2      L:  Gaelic (completely fluent; Linguist)1      L:  Spanish (completely fluent; Linguist & Similarity)2      L:  Byzantine (idiomatic; Custom Adder, Linguist & Similarity)[b]SKILLS Cost: 204[/b][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]3      Jack of All Trades3      Scholar3      Scientist3      Linguist5      Reputation - Master of the Inner Secrets (Martial Arists) ; 14-, +5/+5d65      Money:  Well Off1      Fringe Benefit:  Black Belt2      Fringe Benefit:  Private Investigator License1      Fringe Benefit:  Accredited Instructor3      Fringe Benefit:  Pentarchy Computernet Access Card8      Fringe Benefit:  Interdimensional Police Powers (BSU and Pentarchy Agent )10      Fringe Benefit:  License to Kill (Pentarchy Agent)[b]PERKS Cost: 47[/b][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]3      Absolute Range Sense3      Absolute Time Sense3      Bump Of Direction18      Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)[b]TALENTS Cost: 27[/b][b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]10     Social Limitation:  Public ID Frequently (11-), Minor5     Reputation:  "Grandmaster", 11-, Known Only To A Small Group10     Reputation:  Dead, Ressurected, Murderer, Repentant Hero, Frequently (11-)15     Dependent NPC:  ???? 8- (Infrequently), Slightly Less Powerful than the PC, Useful noncombat position or skills, Group DNPC (x8 DNPCs)20     Hunted:  ???? 11- (Frequently), As Powerful, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish15     Hunted:  ???? 8- (Occasionally), Less Powerful, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish20     Watched:  Pentarchy 11- (Frequently), More Powerful, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching5     Distinctive Features:  Aura of Serenity (Chi master) Not Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable Only By Unusual Senses10     Psychological Limitation:  Code of the "Master" Common, Moderate10     Psychological Limitation:  Honorable to Same Uncommon, Strong15     Psychological Limitation:  Code of least force Common, Strong15     Psychological Limitation:  Protector of the weak Common, Strong[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]Base Pts: 200Exp Required: 538Total Exp Available: 538Exp Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 888

And the list of her powers from her Pool: There are some formatting for HTML in it, just ignore it.

[b]Cat's Martial Manuevers - [/b][b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]     Note- Ignore End usages on this list - the pool is bought to 0 End - END=      - END=60     [b][i]Martial Strike[/i][/b]: +2 with OCV [b]plus[/b] +2 with DCV [b]plus[/b] Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=660     [b][i]Defensive Strike[/i][/b]: +3 with DCV [b]plus[/b] Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] +1 with OCV - END=660     [b][i]Accurate Strike[/i][/b]: +3 with 0CV [b]plus[/b] Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] +1 with DCV - END=657     [b][i]Minor Accurate Strike[/i][/b]: +2 with 0CV [b]plus[/b] Hand-To-Hand Attack +14d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=757     [b][i]Minor Defensive Strike[/i][/b]: +2 with DCV [b]plus[/b] Hand-To-Hand Attack +14d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=753     [b][i]Power Strike[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +16d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=846     [b][i]Grab[/i][/b]: +80 STR; No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), No lifting capacity/only for Combat Grabs and damage (-1/4) - END=853     [b][i]Nerve Strike[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6, No Normal Defense - r D over body rolled (Standard; +1) (80 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=866     [b][i]Paralytic Nerve Strike[/i][/b]: Entangle 2d6, 4 DEF, Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (82 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4) - END=864     [b][i]Eye gouge / Ear Pop[/i][/b]: Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 15d6; Only on those with approriate physiology (-1/4) - END=882     [b][i]Crippling Strike[/i][/b]: Major Transform 3 1/2d6, Partial Transform (+1/2) - END=863     [b][i]First Strike[/i][/b]: Lightning Reflexes: +16 DEX to act first with Single Action [b]plus[/b] +2 OCV [b]plus[/b] HA +11d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=559     [b][i]Thunder Strike[/i][/b]: Hearing Group Flash 4d6 [b]plus[/b] EB 3d6, NND (Deaf or Hearing group Flash D; +1); No Range (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] HA +8d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=8     
- END=53     [b][i]Multitarget attack[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), Selective Target (+1/4); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=853     [b][i]Combination Strike[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), 0 End (raising from on pool) (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=853     [b][i]Counterpunch[/i][/b]: HA +8d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; When Blocking successfully; +1); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=853     [b][i]Run and hit[/i][/b]: HA +7d6, Linked to Movement (+0), Area Of Effect (14" Line; +1), Selective (+1/4); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=853     [b][i]Concussive Punch[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +9d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (79 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=855     [b][i]Ch'i Enhanced Strike[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +11d6, Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2) (82 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=853     [b][i]Ch'i Flame Punch[/i][/b]: HA +16d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [Notes: Vs ED not PD] - END=855     [b][i]Precision Strike[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +11d6, Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=853     [b][i]Perfect Precision Strike[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6, Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Same origin, any direction; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=827     [b][i]Vibrational Punch[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +13d6, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4) (81 Active Points); Target must be touching barrier (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Attack must be made within barrier (-1/2) - END=855     [b][i]Ghost Palm[/i][/b]: HA +11d6, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=877     [b][i]Spirit Lock[/i][/b]: +45 STR, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) - END=855     [b][i]Faster than the Eye can see[/i][/b]: On STR: Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1/2) for up to 20 Active Points (10 Active Points) [b]plus[/b] Hand-To-Hand Attack +9d6, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (67 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=8     
- END=80     [b][i]Killing Strike[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), +4 STUN Multiplier (+1) - END=880     [b][i]Assassin's Strike[/i][/b]: HKA 2 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2) - END=879     [b][i]Flashing Knife Hands[/i][/b]: HKA 3d6 (3 1/2d6 w/STR), Autofire (2 shots; +1/4), 0 end (on top of pool) (+1/2) - END=880     [b][i]Lethal Strike[/i][/b]: Piercing, rPD, 15 pts [b]plus[/b] HKA 2d6+1 (3 1/2d6 w/STR) - END=380     [b][i]Ch'i flame strike[/i][/b]: HKA 5d6+1 (6 1/2d6 w/STR) [Notes: Vs rED not rPD] - END=8     
- END=60     [b][i]Avoiding the shots[/i][/b]: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) [b]plus[/b] +20 with Missile Deflection - END=081     [b][i]Take it on the Chin[/i][/b]: to 3/4r Physical reduction [b]plus[/b] to 3/4r Energy Reduction [b]plus[/b] Armor (7 PD/7 ED) - END=055     [b][i]Rooted to the Earth[/i][/b]: Clinging (235 STR); Cannot use movement powers (-1/2) - END=067     [b][i]Ultimate Dodge[/i][/b]: Desolidification  (affected by Area Affect powers); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] +8 with DCV - END=467     [b][i]Ultimate Dive for Cover[/i][/b]: Desolidification  (affected by Any non area that would hit her DCV); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] +8 with Dive for Cover - END=433     [b][i]You may not pass[/i][/b]: FW (22 PD), Must stay mobile (+0), Transparent to ED Attacks (+1/2); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2) - END=880     [b][i]Ultimate Block[/i][/b]: +8 with OCV [b]plus[/b] +8 with DCV - END=0     
- END=53     [b][i]Kiai Shout[/i][/b]: +16d6 Pre Attack; Attack only (-1/2) - END=054     [b][i]Kiai so loud it hurts[/i][/b]: EB 5d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), NND (Deaf, hard Ear Covering; +1); No Range (-1/2) - END=826     [b][i]Kiai so loud it makes you deaf[/i][/b]: Drain INT 4 1/2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2); Only Vs Hearing Perception Rolls (-2) - END=864     [b][i]Kiai so loud it hurts - Focused[/i][/b]: EB 8d6, NND (Deaf or Hard Ear Covering; +1); Limited Range 50" (-1/4) - END=840     [b][i]Kiai vibrational attack[/i][/b]: RKA 5d6+1; Only vs Rigid, inanimate objects (-1) - END=8     
- END=55     [b][i]Ch'i Hand[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6 1/2d6, Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defence; +1 1/2) (82 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=853     [b][i]Multitarget Ch'i Hand[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), Selective (+1/4), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defence; +1 1/2) (80 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=854     [b][i]Combination Ch'i Hand[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3 1/2d6, 0 end (added to pool) (+1/2), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defence; +1 1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (81 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=880     [b][i]Ch'i Healing Burst[/i][/b]: Healing Standard 8d6 - END=840     [b][i]Flow of Life[/i][/b]: Healing BODY 6d6, Resurrection; Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Takes the amount of healing as damage.; -1) - END=880     [b][i]Ch'i Restoration[/i][/b]: Major Transform 5d6+1 (Person into Healthy Person) - END=883     [b][i]Ch'i Grab[/i][/b]: Telekinesis (55 STR) - END=854     [b][i]Ch'i Shove[/i][/b]: Dispel KB resistance 13 1/2d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4) (81 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) - END=840     [b][i]Dim Maks[/i][/b]: Drain 6 1/2d6, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute; +1/4); Limited Power Only One affect per target at a time (-1) - END=883     [b][i]Special Nerve Strikes[/i][/b]: Drain Any physical Char but Body 8d6+1 - END=855     [b][i]Ch'i Wave[/i][/b]: EB 11d6, Explosion (+1/2), Nonselective Target (-1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4); No Range (-1/2) - END=864     [b][i]Ch'i Blast[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 16d6; Limited Range 50" (-1/4) - END=880     [b][i]Ch'i Beam[/i][/b]: RKA 5d6+1 - END=866     [b][i]Ch'i Concussion Blast[/i][/b]: EB 9d6+1, Double Knockback (+3/4); Limited Range 50" (-1/4) - END=866     [b][i]Ch'i Fireball[/i][/b]: EB 11d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2); Limited Range 50" (-1/4) - END=882     [b][i]Ch'i Disruption[/i][/b]: Dispel 22d6, Variable Special Effects (Any Ch'i Powers One at a time; +1/4) - END=882     [b][i]Ch'i Theft[/i][/b]: Transfer 1 1/2d6 (Stun to Stun), Can Transfer Maximum Of 25 Points, Uncontrolled (lasts one turn) (+1/2), Continuous (+1) - END=882     [b][i]Ch'i Leak[/i][/b]: Drain Characteristic 3d6+1, Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (lasts one turn) (+1) - END=881     [b][i]Special Pattern Strike Ch'i leak[/i][/b]: Suppress 5d6+1, 0 End (Added to the pool's) (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) - END=854     [b][i]Strike of Ultimate Despair[/i][/b]: Mind Control 13d6, Telepathic (+1/4); single command  - Surrender (-1/2) - END=8

And three pieces of artwork:cat1bg.jpgcat2.jpgCatLoRes.jpg

Re: Char: BLackcat (with art) 2000th Post

Always tough to put together an over-veiw of the long history of a favorite character. Thanks for posting it. :)

Yeah. Everytime she has had a major lifechanging event, I basically added a paragraph to her history. That seemed to work well. I've kept an in character diary that is printed over 20 pages (in 9 pt font) that has a paragraph or so for each adventure she has been on (including XP awards - I'm sort of retentive about things like that). :)

• 1 month later...

Awesome character! Repping!

Just curious though, any thought to giving her danger sense/combat sense/defense maneveur? That seems so natural for her given her great skill. Do you mimic them with the VPP?

I have a danger sense and Defense manuever, in with the skills. I've been meaning to buy her Targeting hearing for a while, and just haven't got to it.

Couldn't she pull targetted hearing' date=' or a similar secondary sense, out of her VPP?[/quote']

Not the way we define it - it is primarly for MA attacks, and Ch'i attacks. Anything that lasts more than a phase (at the longest) would be disallowed in it. Just the style of the build.

Thanks for the clarification, I must have missed the DS and DM's

*blush*

Let's see, how do you see Blackcat if she fought the following:

1. Batman

2. Lady Shiva

3. Richard Dragon

3. Captain America

4. Daredevil

5. Shang-chi (Master of Kung-fu)

6. Midnighter

and of course...

7. Seeker (JUST KIDDING!!)

Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification, I must have missed the DS and DM's

*blush*

Let's see, how do you see Blackcat if she fought the following:

1. Batman

2. Lady Shiva

3. Richard Dragon

3. Captain America

4. Daredevil

5. Shang-chi (Master of Kung-fu)

6. Midnighter

Thanks!

In every case she would thrash them. Using the old AC conversions* and the 1st edition DC heroes (the most powerful versions) Legion product she could beat Karate Kid, depending on who's dice were hot that day. And going by source lit KK** could take out the first 5 without much of a problem (this is a guy who grabbed and held Superboy for a number of phases after all).

Midnighter too, and mostly because of SFX. The pool and her style of fighting is, in SFX, that she has moved beyond specific styles, and invents her martial arts on the fly - she can fight in any martial art style. And when I play her, I am constantly changing the way and style she fights, as well as what kind of tactics and manuevers I use out of the pool. That would confused his combat computers. - And with her characteristics and powers being so high level - in the total super range (I mean 20d6, come on), she'd toast him.

* yeah I know dodgy at best

** I consider Karate Kid to be the best/most powerful martial artist that has been published.

Slight disagreement point. It doesn't matter which style you use or none at all, Midnighter's computer can still analyze and respond to it from scratch.

That said, Black Cat would certainly beat up most of the people on this list. Midnighter would be a harder fight, but since BC has much more versatility than he does, and doesn't have too huge a physical deficit, still a winnable fight. Shang-Chi, depends on whether this is "own title" Shang-Chi or "jobs to name character" Shang-Chi for how tough. Richard Dragon, ditto; he used to be the guy Lady Shiva wouldn't even bother fighting because she knew she'd lose, now, he's been retconned into some punk.

• 7 months later...

Arise from the grave.....

I got a new commision for Cat, from Markdoc (thanks a bunch) - my first 3d style art for her, and thought I'd share. And yes, after a year of play (on and off) she is a little tougher - her combat stats really haven't changed, but a lot of new slots in the pool have been added, and she has grown more versatile. She is getting a number of superskills, and abilities based on complete control of her own body - then she goes a little psychic (this is still being of a SFX that anyone could learn if they spent enough time at it - it fits the GMs world). :)

3d-lores.jpg

In every case she would thrash them. Using the old AC conversions* and the 1st edition DC heroes (the most powerful versions) Legion product she could beat Karate Kid, depending on who's dice were hot that day. And going by source lit KK** could take out the first 5 without much of a problem (this is a guy who grabbed and held Superboy for a number of phases after all).

Midnighter too, and mostly because of SFX. The pool and her style of fighting is, in SFX, that she has moved beyond specific styles, and invents her martial arts on the fly - she can fight in any martial art style. And when I play her, I am constantly changing the way and style she fights, as well as what kind of tactics and manuevers I use out of the pool. That would confused his combat computers. - And with her characteristics and powers being so high level - in the total super range (I mean 20d6, come on), she'd toast him.

* yeah I know dodgy at best

** I consider Karate Kid to be the best/most powerful martial artist that has been published.

I love the VPP for MA. Yet again, the Hero System shows its versatility. Also , much love for Karate Kid. He is the most over the top martial artist ever created for American comics. Repped.

• 8 months later...

Re: Char: Blackcat (with art) 2000th Post

Updated character sheet:

Black Cat
Val 	Char 	Points 	Total 	Roll 	Notes
25 	STR 	15 	25 	14- 	HTH Damage 5d6 END [0]
32 	DEX 	66 	32 	15- 	OCV 11 DCV 11
30 	CON 	40 	30 	15- 	
21 	BODY 	22 	21 	13- 	
22 	INT 	12 	22 	13- 	PER Roll 18-
21 	EGO 	22 	21 	13- 	ECV: 7
21 	PRE 	11 	21 	13- 	PRE Attack: 4d6
22 	COM 	6 	22 	13- 	

20 	PD 	15 	29 		29 PD (17 rPD)
20 	ED 	14 	29 		29 ED (17 rED)
9 	SPD 	48 	9 		Phases: 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12
11 	REC 	0 	11 		
60 	END 	0 	60 		
60 	STUN 	11 	60 		
10" 	Running 	8 	10" 		
4" 	Swimming 	2 	4" 		
5" 	Leaping 	0 	5" 		Total Characteristics Cost: 292

Cost 	Powers 	END
130 	Martial Arts and Chi manuevers: VPP, 85 base + 45 control cost, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Cosmic (+2) (232 Active Points); Pool reserve is also total active point cap (-1), Limited Class Of Powers Available Martial Arts and Ch'i manuevers only - Generally only combat (nothing that lasts for very long) (-1); all slots Limited Power No Push (-1/4)	

Ch'i abilities	
15 	Ch'i Training and focus: Elemental Control, 30-point powers	
1) Ch'i Shift: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Any Location); Increased Endurance Cost (5x END; -2), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/2), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1)
2) It's _my_ Ch'i: Power Defense (20 points), Hardened (x2; +1/2) (30 Active Points)
3) Ch'i Healing: Regeneration - 2 active points of characteristic per turn, Vs All Characterstics at the same time. (+2)
4) Ch'i Pain Masking: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)
5) Ch'i Pain Masking: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)
6) Ch'i Enhanced Stability: +15 BODY (30 Active Points); Only vs Transforms, other change effects, or the level of negative body for death. (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

7) Faceshifting: Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups, limited group of shapes), Makeover, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (68 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/4), Limited group is very limited. (-1)
13 	Ch'i Sense: Detect Ch'i 18-/13- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze	0
3 	Soul Strengthening: Damage Resistance (4 Power Def.), Hardened (x2; +1/2)	0
10 	Blessing of the Gods (Dragon Tournement): Luck 2d6	0
2 	Blessings of Longevity (Dragon Tournement): LS (Longevity: 400 Years)	0
2 	Been There, Done That / I've been dead already: +5 EGO (10 Active Points); Only for defending against presence attacks (-3)
Notes: Ego for defending against PRE attacks: 32

Physical Training / Complete Physiological Control	
5 	Endurance Training: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) applied to Running	
5 	Parkour: Usable As Superleap (+1/4) for up to 20 Active Points of Running	1
4 	Parkour 2: Usable As Flight (+1/4) for up to 20 Active Points of Running; Must touch surface at start and end of movement (-1/4)	1
10 	Perfected immune system: Life Support (Immunity All poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All diseases and biowarfare agents)	0
1 	Metabolism control: LS (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week)	0
1 	Meditation Training: Life Support (Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)	0
3 	Meditation Training: Lightsleep	
1 	Iron Stomach: Life Support (Eating: Character can eat any protein, normal food or not, drink any type of water)	0
12 	Endurance Training: Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (12 Active Points) applied to STR	
2 	Concentration Training: Eidetic Memory; Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; -1)	
15 	Awareness Training: +5 PER with All Sense Groups	0
8 	Iron Shirt: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED)	0
3 	Environmental conditioning: LS (Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat) (4 Active Points); Nonpersistent (-1/4)	0
2 	Breath Control: LS (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute)	0

Mental Abilities	
Note: DECV 12, Defensive Ego 27, Breakout Roll 17-	
0 	Mind's Eye: Mental Awareness	0
5 	Mental Awareness: Detect Minds 18-/13- (Mental Group)	0
12 	Agile Mind: +4 DECV 	
6 	Strong Will: +4 With Ego Breakout rolls	
13 	Mental Wall: Mental Defense (18 points total) (Defensive Ego added in)	0
1 	Reinforced Mental Wall: Damage Resistance (3 Mental Def.)	0
8 	Defensive Training: +7 EGO; Only For Defensive Psi stuff (figuring Mental D, DECV, Breakout rolls, and effect levels, And Pre Attacks) (-3/4)	
15 	Control Resistance: Mental Damage Reduction, 50% (30 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type Of Attack Not Vs Damage (-1)	0
8 	Psionics: Variable Power Pool, 5 base + 3 control cost, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), IPE: Mental Sense Group, Hide Effect of power from Target, No metnal Signature/Trace (+1), Cosmic (+2); Pool reserve is max Active points in pool (-1), Limited SFX: Telepathic Mind to mind abilities only (-3/4)	

0 	Saving: Char *	0
0 	Saving: Skills	0
5 	Saving: Superskills	0
0 	Saving: Ch'i	0
1 	Saving: Mental	0
1 	Saving: Physiological Control	0

Martial Arts
3 	Defensive Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Block, Target Falls
3 	Grappling Block: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, Block
3 	Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Strike, Target Falls
3 	Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Dogde, Abort, FMove
3 	Passing Attack: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Target Falls, FMove

Perks
3 	Jack of All Trades
3 	Scholar
3 	Scientist
3 	Linguist
5 	Reputation - Master of the Inner Secrets (Martial Arists) ; 14-, +5/+5d6
10 	Money: Wealthy
1 	Fringe Benefit: Black Belt
2 	Fringe Benefit: Private Investigator License
1 	Fringe Benefit: Accredited Instructor
3 	Fringe Benefit: Pentarchy Computernet Access Card
8 	Fringe Benefit: Interdimensional Police Powers (BSU and Pentarchy Agent )
10 	Fringe Benefit: License to Kill (Pentarchy Agent)

Talents
3 	Absolute Range Sense
3 	Absolute Time Sense
3 	Bump Of Direction
18 	Combat Luck (9 PD/9 ED)
1 	Reproductive Control

Skills
3 	Breakfall 15-
3 	Acrobatics 15-
3 	Martial Arts (DEX-based) 15-
2 	PS: Kata/Forms Performance (DEX-based) (JOT) 15-
2 	PS: Dancing (DEX-based) (JOT) 15-

40 	+5 with All Combat
10 	+1 Overall
10 	Defense Maneuver I-IV
9 	Ambidexterity (Eliminate Off Hand Penalty entirely)
22 	Danger Sense (Sense, Intuitional, Out of Combat) 18-

5 	Tactics 14-
3 	KS: Military/Tactical History (INT-based) (Scholar) 14-
3 	KS: Strategy / Tactics (INT-based) (Scholar) 14-
3 	Deduction (Intuition) 13-
3 	Analyze: Combat 13-

3 	SS: Anatomy (INT-based) (Scientist) 13-
2 	SS: Kinesthology (INT-based) (Scientist) 13-
2 	PS: Physical Therapy (INT-based) (JOT) 13-
3 	PS: Mystic Healing (INT-based) (JOT) 13-
3 	Paramedics 13-

2 	PS: Teacher (PRE-based) (JOT) 13-
3 	Instructor 13-
3 	KS: Ch'i (INT-based) (Scholar) 14-
2 	KS: Eastern Philosophy (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: Martial Arts Mystic World (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: Martial Arts Styles (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: Martial World (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-

2 	KS: Current Events (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: History (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: Agencies (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: Supers (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-

2 	KS: Byzantium (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: The Twelve Worlds (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	KS: The Mystic Universe (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
2 	SS: Political Science (INT-based) (Scientist) 13-
2 	KS: Politics (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-

3 	Persuasion 13-
3 	Oratory 13-
3 	Conversation 13-
3 	Bureaucratics 13-
3 	Acting 13-
3 	High Society 13-

4 	Gambling (Board Games, Card Games) 13-
3 	KS: Tactical Games (INT-based) (Scholar) 14-
2 	KS: Games (INT-based) (Scholar) 13-
3 	PS: Tactical Gaming (INT-based) (JOT) 14-

3 	Stealth 15-
3 	Climbing 15-

3 	Criminology 13-
4 	Navigation (Dimensional, Land, Marine) 13-

0 	L: English (idiomatic; Native)
3 	L: Cantonese (completely fluent)
1 	L: Mandarin (completely fluent; Similarity & Linguist)
1 	L: Hakka (completely fluent; Similarity & Linguist)
1 	L: Wu (completely fluent; Similarity & Linguist)
3 	L: Japanese (completely fluent)
1 	L: Latin (completely fluent; Linguist and Similarity)
1 	L: French (completely fluent; Linguist & Similarity)
1 	L: German (completely fluent; Linguist & Similarity)
2 	L: Gaelic (completely fluent; Linguist)
1 	L: Spanish (completely fluent; Linguist & Similarity)
2 	L: Byzantine (idiomatic; Custom Adder, Linguist & Similarity)
2 	L: Pentarch (completely fluent; Linguist & Similarity)
Total Powers & Skills Cost: 723

Total Cost: 1015

200+ 	Disadvantages
20 	Watched: Pentarchy 11- (Frequently), More Powerful, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching
5 	Distinctive Features: Aura of Serenity (Chi master) Not Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable Only By Unusual Senses
10 	Agent of the Pentarchy: (Frequently, Major, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)
15 	Hunted: Deathcat 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15 	Hunted: V.o.t.W. 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 	Hunted: Enemies of the Pentarchy 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
5 	Dependent NPC: Trainee (or her charges/contacts on her mission) 11- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
10 	Reputation: Master of Ch'i, Amazing Fighter., 14- (Known Only To A Small Group)
5 	Distinctive Features: Master of Ch'i, Amazing Fighting Skills (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Small Group; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
10 	Psychological Limitation: Code of the "Master" Common, Moderate
10 	Psychological Limitation: Honorable to Same Uncommon, Strong
15 	Psychological Limitation: Code of least force Common, Strong
15 	Psychological Limitation: Protector of the weak Common, Strong
Total Disadvantages Points: 150

And the Martial Arts pool

Cat's Martial Manuevers
63 	Martial Strike: +2 with OCV plus +2 with DCV plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +13d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
60 	Defensive Strike: +3 with DCV plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +12d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) plus +1 with OCV	
63 	Accurate Strike: +3 with 0CV plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +13d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) plus +1 with DCV	
60 	Minor Accurate Strike: +2 with 0CV plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +15d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
60 	Minor Defensive Strike: +2 with DCV plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +15d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	

57 	Power Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +17d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
48 	Grab: +85 STR; No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), No lifting capacity/only for Combat Grabs and damage (-1/4)	
56 	Nerve Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6+1, No Normal Defense - r D over body rolled (Standard; +1) (84 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
66 	Paralytic Nerve Strike: Entangle 2d6, 4 DEF, Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (82 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)	
68 	Eye gouge / Ear Pop: Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 16d6; Only on those with approriate physiology (-1/4)	
82 	Crippling Strike: Major Transform 3 1/2d6, Partial Transform (+1/2)	
65 	First Strike: Lightning Reflexes: +15 DEX to act first with Single Action plus +2 OCV plus HA +12d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
59 	Thunder Strike: Hearing Group Flash 4d6 plus EB 3d6 (vs. ED), NND (Deaf or Hearing group Flash D; +1); No Range (-1/2) plus HA +8d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
84 	Knocking the Armor off: (Total: 84 Active Cost, 84 Real Cost) +1 with OCV (Real Cost: 5) plus Drain rPD 5d6+1, any rPD power one at a time (+1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4) (79 Active Points) (Real Cost: 79)	

56 	Multitarget attack: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6+1, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), Selective Target (+1/4); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
56 	Combination Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6+1, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), 0 End (raising from on pool) (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
56 	Counterpunch: HA +8d6+1, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; When Blocking successfully; +1); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
56 	Run and hit: HA +8d6+1, Area of Effect Trail (+1); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
56 	Concussive Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +9 1/2d6, Double Knockback (+3/4) (84 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
57 	Ch'i Enhanced Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +11d6+1, Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2) (85 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
57 	Ch'i Flame Punch: HA +17d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)
Notes: Vs ED not PD

57 	Precision Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +11d6+1, Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
56 	Perfect Precision Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +8d6+1, Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Indirect (Same origin, any direction; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
28 	Vibrational Punch: Hand-To-Hand Attack +13d6+1, Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4); Target must be touching barrier (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Attack must be made within barrier (-1/2)	
57 	Ghost Palm: HA +11d6+1, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
85 	Spirit Lock: +50 STR, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)	
65 	Faster than the Eye can see: On STR: Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) for up to 25 Active Points plus Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	

80 	Killing Strike: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR) (vs. PD), +4 STUN Multiplier (+1)	
80 	Assassin's Strike: HKA 2 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR) (vs. PD), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2)	
80 	Lethal Counterstrike: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR) (vs. ED), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Successful Block; +1) (80 Active Points)	
79 	Flashing Knife Hands: HKA 3d6 (3 1/2d6 w/STR) (vs. ED), Autofire (2 shots; +1/4), 0 end (on top of pool) (+1/2)	
85 	Lethal Strike: Piercing, rPD, 15 pts plus HKA 2 1/2d6 (4d6 w/STR) (vs. ED)	
42 	Doorburster: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 5 1/2d6 (7d6 w/STR) (vs. ED); Only half damage vs skin/organic ect (normal on metal, wood ect) (-1)	
85 	Ch'i flame strike: HKA 5 1/2d6 (7d6 w/STR) (vs. ED)
Notes: Vs rED not rPD

60 	Avoiding the shots: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack) plus +20 with Missile Deflection	
84 	Take it on the Chin: to 3/4r Physical reduction plus to 3/4r Energy Reduction plus Armor (8 PD/8 ED)	
57 	Rooted to the Earth: Clinging (245 STR); Cannot use movement powers (-1/2)	
72 	Ultimate Dodge: Desolidification (affected by Area Affect powers); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) plus +9 with DCV	
72 	Ultimate Dive for Cover: Desolidification (affected by Any non area that would hit her DCV); Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2) plus +9 with Dive for Cover	
33 	You may not pass: FW (22 PD), Must stay mobile (+0), Transparent to ED Attacks (+1/2); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (-1/2)	
68 	Channeling with Ch'i: Absorption 11d6+1 (physical, PD), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (85 Active Points); The Uncontrolled only effects the defense, the absorbtion does not continue (-1/4)	
68 	Channeling with Ch'i: Absorption 11d6+1 (energy, ED), Uncontrolled (+1/2) (85 Active Points); The Uncontrolled only effects the defense, the absorbtion does not continue (-1/4)	
80 	Ultimate Block: +8 with OCV plus +8 with DCV	

57 	Kiai Shout: +17d6 Pre Attack; Attack only (-1/2)	
54 	Kiai so loud it hurts: EB 5d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), NND (Deaf, hard Ear Covering; +1); No Range (-1/2)	
26 	Kiai so loud it makes you deaf: Drain INT 4 1/2d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Ranged (+1/2); Only Vs Hearing Perception Rolls (-2)	
67 	Kiai so loud it hurts - Focused: EB 8d6+1 (vs. ED), NND (Deaf or Hard Ear Covering; +1); Limited Range 50" (-1/4)	
42 	Kiai vibrational attack: RKA 5 1/2d6 (vs. ED); Only vs Rigid, inanimate objects (-1)	

55 	Ch'i Hand: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6 1/2d6, Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defence; +1 1/2) (82 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
53 	Multitarget Ch'i Hand: Hand-To-Hand Attack +4 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), Selective (+1/4), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defence; +1 1/2) (80 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
54 	Combination Ch'i Hand: Hand-To-Hand Attack +3 1/2d6, 0 end (added to pool) (+1/2), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defence; +1 1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (81 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)	
85 	Ch'i Healing Burst: Healing Standard 8 1/2d6	
42 	Flow of Life: Healing BODY 6 1/2d6, Resurrection; Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (Takes the amount of healing as damage.; -1)	
85 	Ch'i Restoration: Major Transform 5 1/2d6 (Person into Healthy Person)	
83 	Ch'i Grab: Telekinesis (55 STR)	
56 	Ch'i Shove: Dispel KB resistance 14d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4) (84 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)	
40 	Dim Maks: Drain 6 1/2d6, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute; +1/4); Limited Power Only One affect per target at a time (-1)	
85 	Special Nerve Strikes: Drain Any physical Char but Body 8 1/2d6	
80 	Strike of physical weakness: +1 OCV plus Drain BODY 2 1/2d6, all Characterisitcs simultaneously (+2) (75 Active Points)	
85 	Touch of Weakness: Suppress STR 17d6	
85 	Touch of Clumsiness: Suppress DEX 17d6	
85 	Other Touch: Suppress Other Characteristics 17d6	
85 	Special Nerve Flurry (Death Flower): +5 OCV plus Drain BODY 2d6, 0 End (in addition to pool) (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (60 Active Points)	
57 	Ch'i Wave: EB 11d6+1 (vs. ED), Explosion (+1/2), Nonselective Target (-1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4); No Range (-1/2)	
68 	Ch'i Blast: Energy Blast 17d6 (vs. ED); Limited Range 50" (-1/4)	
85 	Ch'i Beam: RKA 5 1/2d6 (vs. ED)	
82 	Focused Ch;i Beam: Killing Attack - Ranged 3 1/2d6 (vs. ED), Penetrating (+1/2) (82 Active Points)	
75 	Splitting Focused Ch'i Beam: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED), Penetrating (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2) (75 Active Points)	
85 	Accurate Ch'i Beam: +4 OCV plus RKA 4d6+1 (vs. ED)	
67 	Ch'i Concussion Blast: EB 9 1/2d6 (vs. ED), Double Knockback (+3/4); Limited Range 50" (-1/4)	
68 	Ch'i Fireball: EB 11d6+1 (vs. ED), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2); Limited Range 50" (-1/4)	
84 	Ch'i Disruption: Dispel 22 1/2d6, Variable Special Effects (Any Ch'i Powers One at a time; +1/4)	
82 	Ch'i Theft: Transfer 1 1/2d6 (Stun to Stun), Can Transfer Maximum Of 25 Points, Uncontrolled (lasts one turn) (+1/2), Continuous (+1)	
82 	Ch'i Leak: Drain Characteristic 3d6+1, Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (lasts one turn) (+1)	
84 	Special Pattern Strike Ch'i leak: Suppress 5 1/2d6, 0 End (Added to the pool's) (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1)	
28 	Ch'i Ehancement: Aid Whatever 8 1/2d6 (85 Active Points); All fade in 1 turn (-1), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2)	
57 	Strike of Ultimate Despair: Mind Control 13 1/2d6, Telepathic (+1/4); single command - Surrender (-1/2)	
42 	The Calm of true peace: Mind Control 13 1/2d6, Telepathic (+1/4) (85 Active Points); Single command - calm down, be at peace (-1/2), No Range (-1/2)	

52 	Tower of Iron Will: (Total: 79 Active Cost, 52 Real Cost) Buy off Limitation on Damage Reduction; 1/2 Phase Combat Ending action (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10) plus Buy Mental Reduction to 75% r; (-1/2) (Real Cost: 20) plus +20 Mental Defense (20 points total) (20 Active Points); (-1/2) (Real Cost: 13) plus Damage Resistance (7 Mental Def.) (3 Active Points); (-1/2) (Real Cost: 2) plus Hardended on Mental Defense; (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7)	

The pool is for "martial maneuvers" basically her training enhancing her personal abilities - it can enhance her Mental pool, but no more than double.

I'm at work so I'll have to look over the write-up later this evening. Another great pic of BC, though. The face has a "Ripley from Alien" look to it. I could see a younger Sigourney Weaver starring as 'Cat in her movie.

I'm at work so I'll have to look over the write-up later this evening. Another great pic of BC' date=' though. The face has a "Ripley from Alien" look to it. I could see a younger Sigourney Weaver starring as 'Cat in her movie.[/quote']

Ooh - weird: that was actually who I had sort of in mind when I did the face...

cheers, Mark

Do you still play this character, topping off over 1000 pts in cost? If so, what sort of villains do you fight when you can throw 22d6 attacks with a 9 Speed? I'm not sure I recall others having this power level campaign short of Galactic Champions.

Do you still play this character' date=' topping off over 1000 pts in cost? If so, what sort of villains do you fight when you can throw 22d6 attacks with a 9 Speed? I'm not sure I recall others having this power level campaign short of Galactic Champions.[/quote']

Yep, played her last week actually. She currently is a solo character. So some of the ways my wife (the GM) deals with Cat being so tough -

1) Being an interdimensional agent, she runs up against people in the "top 5 toughest on the planet" when she hits a superpowered world - She still has limitation; she couldn't take Dr Destroyer 1 on 1, and she can't fly. So that is one way to deal with her.

2) fights groups of villains, sort of the reverse of the standard group of heroes against a single villians, it is the single hero vs team of villians.

3) make the purpose/plot/story not be something that can be solved by combat. If the adventure is a mystery, and great fighting skills are irrelevent that levels the playing field.

3a) have the situation almost freeform roleplay where it is all interaction and situation - no combat, and sometimes not even much in the way of skill rolls.

4) load up of NPCs that need to be protected. If Cat's job is to shepherd a bunch of people from one place to another, and they are getting attacked all the way, and she can't cover the whole group at once. Comes down to player tactics.

Pretty much it comes down to making her work to solve the problem without combat. My wife is great at doing this.

To be honest, I've got a list of stuff I want to get for the character that is over 1000 pts total. I could easily keep playing her for another 10 years. :)

• 11 months later...