FH Update

Steve Long

Having participated in the playtesting, I feel confident in giving it my full endorsement. Even unformatted and with Conversion-to-PDF errors its a dream product; snazzy editing/formatting/and art can only make it better. And the cover art by STORN that Ive seen is or-geek-asmic.

Make no mistake about it, all you gamers-on-a-budget out there should start socking away the mullah now, because you are going to want this as soon as it hits the shelf. This may be the 1st DOJ supplement I buy 2 or more copies of, because ill want to loan it out to share the goodness and still have a copy handy for myself. :D

How does it feel?

Well, darn great, gen'rally speaking. Not only am I extremely proud of it in terms of the content and quality, but it's great to finally have it off my desk. All I really have left to do is scan over the bluelines for a couple hours when they come back to us.

How much longer NOW???

Assuming the printer keeps its promise, we'll have it in time for GenCon. That means it'll first be available for sale at 10:00 AM on July 24 in Indianapolis. People not there will have to wait longer. ;)

Originally posted by Steve Long

Assuming the printer keeps its promise, we'll have it in time for GenCon. That means it'll first be available for sale at 10:00 AM on July 24 in Indianapolis. People not there will have to wait longer. ;)

-grumbles- Well, bugger. I was hoping it would be buyable at the SD ComiCon (July 17-20). Now I have to wait almost a half a week after that?? Darn you, Steve Long! Darn you to heck!!!!!

Seriously, this is good news. While not soon enough for my taste, at least it'll be out before August. -rubs greedy little hands together- Oh boy oh boy oh boy....

This is kind of off-topic, but I was wondering if Fantasy HERO will have any info for so-called "gritty" fantasy (like 0 or 25 point characters)?

It has some information on "Low Fantasy" as a subgenre, but no specific discussion on building characters with such low point totals.

It's Gorgeous Looking!

I was at Origins this past weekend and got to take a look at the sample of FH that Steve and friends brought with them. It looked absolutely great, and I truly envy anyone going to GenCon to snag a copy.

Pseudo off topic: Just to add even more interest in GenCon... At Origins I played in a couple of FH scenarios that I'm told will also be run at GenCon. One was A Wizard's Errand and the other was The Temple of Modrem (think I got the spelling right on that). Both were absolutely great! Very well run and thought out scenaros. Oodles of fun. And don't let the 6 hour time slot for Temple scare you off - the 6 hours flew by.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Assuming the printer keeps its promise, we'll have it in time for GenCon. That means it'll first be available for sale at 10:00 AM on July 24 in Indianapolis.

Steve. My wife sez to HOLD A COPY FOR US. You can sell it to me and sign it and my FREd book and then I can interview you. She wants that FH action bad, and frankly so do I. Do not crush our dreams!

Er, please.

Thank you.

Sir.

Hmmm. I'm afraid I can't start holding copies; if I do it for you, I have to do it for everyone else.

But have no fear! We had enough copies of Champions to go around to all interested purchasers last year, and I have no doubt we'll have enough FHs to go 'round this year.