Best and Worst Costume/Appearance Changes

zornwil

Re: Best and Worst Costume/Appearance Changes

I guess' date=' inasmuch as it makes people stand out. But then I giess it's a genre thing and a matter of style. I have no objection to Zatanna wearing high heels for example; she's a magic user and doesn't need to leap about like an acrobat, but having someone whose sctick is martial arts or superhuman strength wearing them just strains my "willing suspension of disbelief" way too much ! (imagines "The Thing" in a pair of bright red high heels ! Shudders)[/quote']

I almost wish I could negative rep you for putting that image in my head... :tonguewav

As a whole, comics are a visual medium with very little reality injected into them... why start now?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don't like Zatanna in the stage magician fishnets as it panders to a stereotype. I do like her Superhero outfit as seen in the JLA.

I like the original Spiderman outfit and not the new Iron Spider one.

I like Psylocke's original costume and the new ninja style one so long as it does not have suspenders near it.

Captain America when drawn by Hermit's most hated person is not good. Also said artist's other attempta at costumes for practically anyone.

Jae Lee's drawing's of the Wildcats in the 2nd trilogy and of Namor. He made Zealot look weak and Grifter's costume was ripped ABs that are impossible, similarly with Namor.

Big Barda in full battle armour.

Shadow Lass in practically anything in the Legion.

Mon El has the same costume and it remains a simple classic.

Sandy the Golden Boy's original costume. Look and be horrified.

I almost wish I could negative rep you for putting that image in my head... :tonguewav

As a whole, comics are a visual medium with very little reality injected into them... why start now?

Well, when they put "Black Canary" into "Birds Of Prey" they got rid of the high heeled boots and the fishnets that she used to wear. I notice that the fishnets are back but that she is still wearing "sensible" shoes !

Why are we just limiting this to comics?

Black Paladin's change from his first appearence in Enemies to the revamp in Classic Enemies was awesom. Not just the art but the whole concept changed, he really looked scarry in Classic Enemies.

While writing in another thread, something occurred to me. War Machine, the black and white iron man armor... I really hated it when it came out. Honestly it was probably more what it represented than the armor itself. When I think about it, in real life the black and white should be beautiful with a nice metallic sheen. It never looked good on paper, though. Way too much black for flat matte pages. But get rid of the excess gunnage (iron man doesn't need that!) and it should be a snazzy outfit.

I also liked Thunderstrike's mace riff on Mjolnir.

While writing in another thread' date=' something occurred to me. War Machine, the black and white iron man armor... I really hated it when it came out. Honestly it was probably more what it represented than the armor itself. When I think about it, in real life the black and white should be beautiful with a nice metallic sheen. It never looked good on paper, though. Way too much black for flat matte pages. But get rid of the excess gunnage (iron man doesn't need that!) and it should be a snazzy outfit.[/quote']

There's a pretty neat looking bust of War Machine that I've seen a few times in my local comic shop. I never cared for the look on paper, either, but all painted up in chromes and metallics and stuff, this mini-bust looks pretty sharp!