Algernon Files 2.0 previews

Dominique

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Algernon Files 2.0 previews

These preview characters are very impressive. I was already inclined to pick up this book after buying the HERO version of The Fires of War (an excellent investment IMHO), but now you have a guaranteed sale. :thumbup:

BTW I never read the M&M version of AF. If you don't mind my asking: there seem to be quite a few "mystic" characters in the lineup, which is great; but does this collection include any "cosmic" types? The various Champions products have given us a glut of the former, but IMO are rather lacking in the latter.

Off the top of my head there's Praetorian, a PL 20 time-traveling conqueror. There are also several aliens on the earth: Bloodstar, Carnelian, Crucible, Nemsis, and the previewed Magog. I believe Onyx was also given her powers by an alien. There's really no big cosmic theats outside of Praetorian that I remember though.

Off the top of my head there's Praetorian' date=' a PL 20 time-traveling conqueror. There are also several aliens on the earth: Bloodstar, Carnelian, Crucible, Nemsis, and the previewed Magog. I believe Onyx was also given her powers by an alien. There's really no big cosmic theats outside of Praetorian that I remember though.[/quote']

In addition, Iron Angel is an alien, and the Steele family members gain their abilities ( at least partially ) from an alien artifact.

I would also argue that the Lord of Mirrors is at least as much cosmic as mystic. Yeah, he partially fills the devil role of mystic tempter. . . but his origin ( the War in Heaven ) is more Kirbyesque New Gods than traditional mystic origin. ( Basically, there used to be two godlike alien races spread across the universe, the Acanthii and the Rha-Zha-Keth. Being that the former were benign space gods, and the latter were lovecraftian horrors, qeue the kung fu fight. In the end, the Acanthii were wiped out, and those RZK that survived, were trapped in various extradimensional spaces or isolated solar systems )

There's also Ex Machinae, an as yet unstatted cosmic being that seems to be incarnate order.

Gent's if you haven't added this book to your Christmas list' date=' you need to. It's worth every penny you pay. And if you like the previews wait until to you see The Prometheans, Krait, and Sepulchre![/quote']

I'm looking forward to seeing Sepulchre. A great villain in my book! He is one of the primary mystical villains in my campaign and I'm curious to see how my Hero conversion from Algernon Files 1 stacks up:)

I see your RPG Now link, and instructions on how to order a hard copy via pay pal. Would it be possible to get a link for the paypal order?

Been greatly looking forward to this since picking up Fires of War. Glad to see it finally coming out. :)

The print book will not be in color, since a color book going through the distribution channel discounting would retail for $117, according to our standard formula.

We do not plan on releasing Hero Designer packs. It's not that we're stingy or anything, it's just that we write our characters by hand.

The print book will not be in color' date=' since a color book going through the distribution channel discounting would retail for $117, according to our standard formula.[/quote']

Any possibility of a book+PDF bundle, then?

We do not plan on releasing Hero Designer packs. It's not that we're stingy or anything' date=' it's just that we write our characters by hand.[/quote']

Insanity! :eek:

;)

Wouldn't using HD save you a lot of time and proofreading effort? I'm just curious.

BTW... any chance we'll see Future Armada products in hexes ever?

Any possibility of a book+PDF bundle' date=' then?[/quote']

A possibility. We haven't discussed that yet, but it's worth a look.

Wouldn't using HD save you a lot of time and proofreading effort? I'm just curious.

It might save time on proofreading, but not on initial entry. I'm very keyboard-centric, and having to switch between a keyboard and mouse contantly drags my typing speed down.

BTW... any chance we'll see Future Armada products in hexes ever?

I've been trying to encourage that...

Just tell me who I have to kick.
The trouble is that now that so many ships and stations have been released, there's an object library of shapes, pieces, furnishings, etc. that make it so much easier to assemble a new ship without having to start completely from scratch.

I just figure that in the future, the manufacturing plants all crank out their flooring pieces in 5-foot squares. That's a floor design you're seeing, not an actual square grid. There's nothing stopping any of us from laying a hex grid on top of it. :)