Algernon Files 2.0 previews

Dominique

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Algernon Files 2.0 previews

Hey' date=' in an iron age game, Eurostar could well *be* the EU's official super"hero" team. Peregrine has played with the idea before. . .[/quote']

*makes a cross with fingers, hisses*

No sir, we doesn't likes it. Keeps that Iron Agey stuff aways from our Precious!

*snuggles various Champions and M&M books to his chest*

No we doesn't likes that does we Precious? Nasty old Iron Age stuffs.

:D

I'm waiting to see the Hero versions of the Sinister Circle and the Black Knights. For those of you who aren't familiar with them' date=' the Black Knights are VERY powerful group of mercenary villains. They make Eurostar look like a girl scout troop.[/quote']Where have the Black Knights made appearance previously?

Were these 4th Ed Characters?

TB

Actually, I was a play tester for the M&M version of the book, but since I'm an old school Champions player (I've still go my original 1st edition rules book), I'm really interested in seeing what Dave's managed to come up with.

So far I've been very pleased with the previews he's posted. The point totals are significantly higher than what I'm used to for your "standard" Champions product and they look like they're going to gave most hero groups a real run for their money.

Also, several of the villains could quite easily be integrated into an existing game or any of the canon groups presented in the various official products.

Lastly, for those of you interested, I’ve got a Algernon Files plot hook/seed thread going on over on the Blackwyrm forums - http://www.blackwyrm.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=168 -You’ll have to register on the site before you can view it (it only takes a minute or two), plus there are plenty of other goodies such as background info, artwork, and character cutouts available for download on the main site. I’d encourage you to take a few minutes and look it over, you won’t be wasting your time.

I'm really interested in seeing what Dave's managed to come up with. The point totals are significantly higher than what I'm used to for your "standard" Champions product

Although the point totals are high, I tend to spend a lot of points on Perks and "useless" Skills and Powers, so you can often knock 1/4 or even 1/3 of a character's point totals to compare his against a standard Champions write-up.

Although the point totals are high' date=' I tend to spend a lot of points on Perks and "useless" Skills and Powers, so you can often knock 1/4 or even 1/3 of a character's point totals to compare his against a standard Champions write-up.[/quote']

Those kinds of "flavor" abilities are among the things I enjoyed most about The Fires of War. The characters feel well rounded and developed.

Experienced HERO GMs will look to combat-related stats to compare characters rather than just raw point totals, but I suppose someone new to the system could be misled by the AF character totals at first glance.

Although the point totals are high' date=' I tend to spend a lot of points on Perks and "useless" Skills and Powers, so you can often knock 1/4 or even 1/3 of a character's point totals to compare his against a standard Champions write-up.[/quote']

I've never considered points spent on skills "useless", as I feell they help round out a character or NPC and add a little additional "flavor" to their background. I also like have the PC use the skills they've pickedp up in their "civilian" dentity. Plus all those points spent on Perks may come in handy at some point.

Still trying to get that proof copy from the printer. You wouldn't think it'd be a big deal, but they apparently got slammed with "gotta ship before Christmas" orders. My guess is that they'll start our printing late next week, and ship them out between Christmas and New Years. But that's just a guess.