Name Help

Trained Chicken

I'm thinking of a character with the ability to see, and manipulate matter and energy on a macro scale in ways that quantum mechanics dictate matter and energy are manipulated on a quantum scale.

So far this power set includes Duplication SFX with Teleportation, Force Wall, Stretching and other tricks based on having more than one body;

Transforms of the category 'Item and thin air into Item and exact copy of itself, dependent upon the character's ability to otherwise construct the item';

A Naked Advantage to buy off the "beam" limitation on any RKA or EB up to X Active Points, Useable as an Attack, Ranged, IPE;

Missile Deflection (side effect- colateral damage, -0), not sure whether to make it Ranged or not;

A Multipower with two UBO powers in it: Summon Exact Duplicate of Self, Antagonistic, No Consious Control (no choice which power activates, -1) and Duplication, No Consious Control (no choice which power activates,-1).

I'm thinking that in addition he ought to have access to Shrinker tricks/Dimensional Travel to the Microverse, but we'll see how large the first ideas get.

At issue, though, is that "Quantum" is already a well-known character in at least two universes. What do you think I should name him?

Re: Name Help

i kind of like The Quantum Mechanic though with that name i imagine him having an OAF quantum wrench something like a large monkey wrench with loads of Kirby-esqe gizmo's attached too it and crackling energy inside the jaw

I seem to recall several villains in Marvel's silver age who used a device that was like a focus- but when it was taken away or broken, they could still use their powers.

I wonder if I should give him a +3d6 HA, OAF Big Wrench (-1)?

i kind of like The Quantum Mechanic though with that name i imagine him having an OAF quantum wrench something like a large monkey wrench with loads of Kirby-esqe gizmo's attached too it and crackling energy inside the jaw

Noooo.......it will be designed like the famous illusion "The Impossible Tuning Fork" only it'll be "The Impossible Monkey Wrench."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is reading the classified ads. Oscillating between career choices? Become a wave mechanic!

I'm thinking of a character with the ability to see' date=' and manipulate matter and energy on a macro scale in ways that quantum mechanics dictate matter and energy are manipulated on a quantum scale.[/quote']

Sounds like Luck, activated at will.

Or more subtly' date=' "The Mechanic".[/quote']

Sounds like a metagaming reference ;)

I'm not going to write him up-

Any gaming consruction would ruin the idea of him, since Champs characters are written up using real numbers and their abilities are predictable in a Newtonian sense.

Or maybe I'm just not clever enough to do him right.

You're all welcome to run with it, since you've certainly helped in his devising!

Thanks for the rep, but if I were that clever, I'd have drawn a picture of the Impossible Monkey Wrench instead of trying to describe it!

As it happens, I'm in need of several names for a character I'm planning. Should I just hijack this thread or start a new one?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observes that Lucius Alexander's Impossible Monkeying around can lead to Wrenching experiences...