New Universal

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: New Universal

Anyone else find the "celebrity" cameos kind of neat?

Are all the characters based on celebrities? Because I could ID most of them but some made me wonder if they were just originals.

TB

It's probably just AlexRoss-itis. Ever since that damn fool made Captain Marvel look like Fred MacMurray....

Actually Ken Connell looked a heck of a lot different in the original series. Tensen/Justice also.

I want Antibody and Mastodon back also. Scuzz can rot in obscurity.

The Scuz sweat was acidic, so was his spit. Although he had some social issues there was just something about the cat who could hock a loogie of burning death.

If we’re talking social issues from powers lets talk about the Sponge and the problems she had with showering.

As an aside I have to say my fav is still Antibody but everyone knows him. Give us the second stringers; give us the Skuz and Metallurgy, the Sponge and Mutator.

I would have to say that I actually learned to like scuzz. I thought the loogie thing was pretty sick but when they wrote that story about him after his powers got damped down.... I felt for him.

P.S. Looks like Spitfire is next to be introduced. I dig the new suit design.

Ok, what comic book are all of you guys talking about?

I'm not really up on the New Universe stuff, I'm only just getting my feet wet with New Universal #1, that is the extent of my knowledge.

So, what other books have these characters been in?

TB

Antibody, Mastadon and Scuzz were from DP7 (or Displaced Paranormals 7). Great series ... you may be able to find the "Untold Tales" one-shot in your local comic shop :)

Ok' date=' CC's CM never for a moment looked like Fred MacMurray. Fred may have looked like [b']him[/b], but CC Beck's CM was a thing of minimalist beauty. No irises, just pupil!

Perhaps so, but Beck often said he based CM's look on Fred McMurray.

The Scuz sweat was acidic' date=' so was his spit. Although he had some social issues there was just something about the cat who could hock a loogie of burning death. [/font']

Didn't Plastic Man go up against a villain who could do that? Acid-Tongue, I think he was called.

• 11 months later...

I read the first 5 of New Universal' date=' then I couldn't find it anymore. Was it cancelled?[/quote']

I believe it was put on hiatus after poor sales and the creative team needing to work on other projects. There's a trade coming out in March 08 I believe.

New Universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Universe

My favourites where Justice and D.P. 7 (Displaced Paranormals 7)

I think I still have the majority of D.P. 7 and Psi Force boxed somewhere - those were my favorites. Justice was okay, but the bait and switch they did with the storyline was annoying.

I also enjoyed DP7 the best. I read all of them for awhile. Never like Psi-Force. I used to like the concept of Nightmask, though I think some of the stories were iffy. Hated Kickers Inc. I liked Star Brand and I liked Merc. The rest were weak.

But I really liked the "white event" as the trigger to the paranormals. When I saw Heroes with their eclipse, I thought of thre new universe.

And I don't know how many times I have used "the Pitt" as a story element.