Indiana Jones with root access

Shaft

I just thought of a cool concept: in the future, when computer architecture may have radically changed, the computer skills required to decipher ancient systems such as old mainframes and the personal computers we all think of as cutting edge will be considered to be so old, it might be a branch of archeology.

I love the idea of an Indiana Jones type of character who's ancient languages are C++, Unix, FORTRAN, DOS and Visual Basic delicately trying to restore a recently unearthed hard drive from an old server room buried under a ton of rubble. I just wanted to share that thought.

Re: Indiana Jones with root access

Indy: Hmm, looks like a botched low-level format, but if I'm reading this correctly ... we've found it. Do you know what this is? It's DOS .3, long since lost to the world, it's been said that with it, the truth was once known as to what corrupted Microsoft.