Unofficial Welcome Mat (For New Members)

schir1964

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Unofficial Welcome Mat (For New Members)

My old friend the HERO system comprises all the books through the 4th edition (which take up two whole shelves); reading the site last night' date=' it seems HERO has been through 2 more editions since last we met. The differences don't seem particularly striking thus far, but are there things I should be told so as to understand what folks are talking about? :confused:[/quote']

Nope only one more edition (5th).

My old friend the HERO system comprises all the books through the 4th edition (which take up two whole shelves); reading the site last night' date=' it seems HERO has been through 2 more editions since last we met. The differences don't seem particularly striking thus far, but are there things I should be told so as to understand what folks are talking about? :confused:[/quote']

The key concepts of Hero haven't changed since I started playing with 1st edition. If you aren't playing using Fifth Edition (5E)/Fifth Edition Revised (5ER), there may be some costs that have changed, or other changes to specific areas, but they shouldn't keep you from understanding.

My biggest challenge when I first joined the boards was figuring out all of the abbreviations everyone was using for the various versions. The newer posts are more consistent, the really old ones....

Like I know has been mentioned in numerous other posts to newcomers, if you have a question, go ahead and ask it. The folks on the boards here are friendly, helpful, and very creative.

I'd also highly recommend looking at 5ER if you haven't already.

Scott Baker

Welcome aboard necromancer' date=' willowisp, and Scott Baker! Watch out for the bunny -- he doesn't bite, but he does lop off heads if you're not careful. :eg:[/quote']

Hmm.........

I'm only here for 24 hours, and I'm already being threatened by a psycotic bunny..........

MY KINDA PLACE!! :thumbup:

*Wilo (the Gamma World guru) happily notes the existence of Hoops in this new land* :celebrate

Hmm.........

I'm only here for 24 hours, and I'm already being threatened by a psycotic bunny..........

MY KINDA PLACE!! :thumbup:

*Wilo (the Gamma World guru) happily notes the existence of Hoops in this new land* :celebrate

The Bunny isn't so much psychotic as delusional. Specifically Delusions Of Grandeur.

He might be thinking of 5th' date=' and 5th Revised.[/quote']

Exactly. HERO 3.0 and HERO 3.5 aparrently.............:slap: *

I bought the FUSION stuff back in the day, but never made much headway with it. I took umbrage at the "we just killed everyone- game on!" storyline....... :rolleyes:

*Wilo is not always renound for the points he has spent in the "Make Friends and Influence People" skill........ :winkgrin:

Exactly. HERO 3.0 and HERO 3.5 aparrently.............:slap: *

I bought the FUSION stuff back in the day, but never made much headway with it. I took umbrage at the "we just killed everyone- game on!" storyline....... :rolleyes:

Revised isn't the same as "3.5" not even remotely close.

In fact all of the updates in Revised are on the Fifth Edition FAQ.

What does make Ninja Hero so good?

Personally I was referring to the Asian Bestiary books.

While I own NH, I haven't really read it cover to cover, so I'm just gonna say - it's a pretty good resource for setting up and running a Martial Arts based campaign. It's on my schedule for a full review at the begining of September. I'll tell you exactly how good of a job it does then. :)