Unofficial Welcome Mat (For New Members)

schir1964

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Unofficial Welcome Mat (For New Members)

This is thread to welcome new members who are posting here for the first time.

Here "on these forums" or here "in this thread"? :whistle:

Veterans are welcome to post welcomes to the newbies. (8^D)

As a semi-veteran, I'd like to be the first to extend myself a semi-welcome for being a semi-newbie ;)

I don't see any posts here from any actual new people, so I'll pitch in. New to the forums, but I've been playing Hero since probably 1990. Anyway, hey, how's everyone?

Mike

Welcome aboard matey.

I came in the same way, and kinda stuck.

Welcome to the most interesting place on the internet.

Sometimes, anyway.:thumbup:

Hi, I am new to the boards. I played Champions way back in the 80s as a player, now i have talked my group into Champions as our next game when a current campaign is over. Since I am the only one who has played at all i will be the GM. I am currently scouring the net for any good ideas, so if you have some, lay em on me. Doubtful this will get off the ground before June/July so I have a lot of time to prepare. I have never GMed Champions before so go easy on me at first.

Don't fall for it! Run! Hide! Lurk in the shadows lest you be drawn into the madness. The people around here are weird.:eek:

For your safety and security, I strongly urge you to join DROOL - the Divided Revolutionary Organization of On-line Lurkers. I have a sign up sheet around here somewhere. United in our dividedness, we can topple the regime and throw down the ascended! The ascended may rule, but we are DROOL! Join today and get a free chia pet. $19.99 covers shipping. And send a stamp.

This message brought to you by someone other than me.:sneaky:

And, uh, welcome to the boards.

Welcome Mike' date=' Nice avatar, what game?[/quote']

That's Asra, a character from Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. He's sort of a goth samurai, I guess. I run a wild martial arts game, so as you might imagine I garner a lot of inspiration from fighting games.

About your avatar little need be said. Stonehenge!

Mike

Hi' date=' I am new to the boards. I played Champions way back in the 80s as a player, now i have talked my group into Champions as our next game when a current campaign is over. Since I am the only one who has played at all i will be the GM. I am currently scouring the net for any good ideas, so if you have some, lay em on me. Doubtful this will get off the ground before June/July so I have a lot of time to prepare. I have never GMed Champions before so go easy on me at first.[/quote']

Welcome aboard, eleran! Don't be afraid, we're gentle with first-timers. ;) In fact this is IMHO one of the more friendly and helpful communities on the Internet.

I believe you'll find good advice via this forum thread started by someone like yourself, a first-time Champions GM with players new to the game who came here looking for help: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9188

Oh, and welcome to Mike, too! You sound like a positive addition to the forums, and I look forward to sampling your input. Cool avatar, too, although he kinda looks like his shocks need changing. ;)

Guest steamteck

Hi, Just joined the boards. I've played Champions since the first edition ( still have my copy in fact) but never joined in the online discussion before. Seems like a pretty neat place here.

Welcome to the Hero Boards all ye new people!

I'd say we're mostly harmless, but we've been known to break people's psyche's on a pretty regular schedule.

At the very least, we're helpful (or overly helpful) when it comes to questions on gaming and Hero.

Hi' date=' Just joined the boards. I've played Champions since the first edition ( still have my copy in fact) but never joined in the online discussion before. Seems like a pretty neat place here.[/quote']

We try to keep it clean. ;)

Welcome, steamteck!

BTW impressive 'ceps. :thumbup:

Think it's kinda scary that somebody else is breaking back into Hero after 15-20 years or so... so am I.

Maybe it's an idea whose time has come.

Maybe I'm just sick of damn D20, even if I did modify a game to use it (and altho I'm not converting again- much too rough on the players- I'd probably use this system now.)

This is a darn good system, despite any flaws; although complex, it's pretty well integrated.

Thank all the grognards for being here!