Villains Vandals And Vermin (VVV)

Andrew Cermak

Re: Villains Vandals And Vermin (VVV)

I've used almost all of them or have plans for how they will be used across a couple of campaigns. I found the characters highly inspirational not all solid gold but very useful overall. I do see the issues some people brought up such as some of the character being "One high wonders" that is extremely powerful/deadly if the characters are unprepared or almost powerless if they are but those can be worked around with a little thought and planning. Overall, I found the book to be one more useful purchases I've made for Champions.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

***Rise from the Grave!!! Awaken foul thread***

OK, with thread necromancy completed, I just wanted to check to see what characters people have actually put to use and what their assessment of the book is with a couple of miles on the odometer.

Any particular favorites? Characters that you thought would be good that disappointed? Characters that you thought would be disappointing that have been pleasantly surprising?

I liked Sunburst and his gang....and I thought Plague and Fleshtone lived up to their hype. Some of the characters based on the USPD pics were a bit disappointing and The Tiger Squad still is more or less only superficially covered(though they could honestly have their own sourcebook).

Rob

I liked Sunburst and his gang....and I thought Plague and Fleshtone lived up to their hype. Some of the characters based on the USPD pics were a bit disappointing and The Tiger Squad still is more or less only superficially covered(though they could honestly have their own sourcebook).

Rob

I wouldn't mind a Champions Worldwide II with more of the Tiger Squad, perhaps the Cult of the Red Banner, and some others.

I wouldn't mind a Champions Worldwide II with more of the Tiger Squad' date=' perhaps the Cult of the Red Banner, and some others.[/quote']

Heck, just do a Champions of China.

Of course, if I had my way, we'd be seeing Champions of India, Champions of Mexico*...

* -- Oop, my bad, we're getting Lucha Hero. :D

Heck' date=' just do a [i']Champions of China[/i].

Of course, if I had my way, we'd be seeing Champions of India, Champions of Mexico*...

* -- Oop, my bad, we're getting Lucha Hero. :D

I think a book like Champions of China would be too restrictive, but I was intrigued by some of the info in Champions Worldwide and could see, and would buy, an expansion.

Barring that, they could do it as continuing updates to the Champions Universe with a new volume every couple of years, building on the success of CU2. There could be more write-ups for NPC Hero Groups and expanded information and write ups for the unpublished material hinted at in the books so far.

So far:

I'm currently using the Brain Trust in a scenario arc (Hermit already commented on that)...

I've used Leviathan (anyone who thinks 8 frenzied sharks in a HtH melee is a good idea -- well, they're not... ;))

Onslaught and Buzzsaw as a combo at least look threatening, but a single 350pt mentalist (t-path/TK combo) managed to take them down -- but he had to think about it to pull it off...

And I've used a tweaked version of Python for an off-the-cuff combat that seemed to at least make the players sweat a little (300pt range teen-ish chars -- yeah, Hermit, guess where I got the stats for Tapper...)

I think a book like Champions of China would be too restrictive, but I was intrigued by some of the info in Champions Worldwide and could see, and would buy, an expansion.

Baring that, they could do it as continuing updates to the Champions Universe with a new volume every couple of years, building on the success of CU2. There could be more write-ups for NPC Hero Groups and expanded information and write ups for the unpublished material hinted at in the books so far.

I think your idea is better than mine, and deserves more recognition. Rep for you, sir!

BTW, something I'm curious about.

In one of the plot seeds for Mister Zombie, we're told that when his wife sees him on the evening news, she can 'recognize a likenss to her husband'.

Considering just what he looks like in the character picture, am I the only one who wonders just what he must have looked like alive for her to recognize him? :angst:

Is that as in not a good idea for the PC or the GM. ;)

Well, the PC didn't appreciate it either, but it certainly complicated my life... Leviathan didn't appreciate it much, I was rolling randomly to see who was attacked each phase since I was doing the combat w/o a map. I guess the dice realized he was physically the biggest target...