Hulk vs Superman

L.Craig

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hulk vs Superman

The team leader is generally the biggest wuss on the team...except when there's a character named -girl there.

That's because everybody else on the team went for the munchkin combat monster or uberpower build. The team leader spent points on Tactics and background skills.

Guest steamteck

And if anyone is a Mary Sue character in all the Marvel Universe right now, it's him.

I can't stand Black Panther, I'd like to see him atomized by a Celestial.

Blech.

TB

The Panther is a little over the top now but he is redeemable the Celestials are not. I loathe the Celestials with a rage that consumes universes. They should never have been introduced into the mainstream Marvel universe nor the Eternals for that matter with the real gods existent and active. Better to stay in their separate continuity where they could hang out as a pale specter of the New Gods.

Okay I thought I might just chime in on this one as I once upon a time fueled some fires in the Thor vs Superman debate. I will honestly say that I do not know who should win, I am not familliar with how powerful Hulk is currently or how weakend the last son of krypton may or may not be.

I would propose a test of sorts. As I recall there was a combat simulator at one point for the HERO system where you could punch in some facts about each built character and then let the computer kinda tell you who would win. But that system only works if you agree that both characters could be built on simillar point totals while also building them objectively to reflect their standard abilities.

I appreciate what both Marvel and DC have done for comic books and providing us with years of entertainment and stories of heroism sacrafice and totally awsome twisted butt kicking and the exploration of morality and vast abilities.

I know this would be a very hard thing to do because depending on what version of Superman or the Hulk you are familliar with, you get very different versions of these heroes.

Now as a former comic book collector who was an avid Marvel Zombie, am I to understand that the DCU has been reinvented yet again. Do the fans of DC ever get tired of these reboots. Also where is the creativity in inventing new stand alone heroes, not just new members for the Avengers or X-men but all new characters.

With that said, Superman vs. Goku should come up next.

Take care

Brogahn

Okay I thought I might just chime in on this one as I once upon a time fueled some fires in the Thor vs Superman debate. I will honestly say that I do not know who should win, I am not familliar with how powerful Hulk is currently or how weekend the last son of krypton may or may not be.

I would propose a test of sorts. As I recall there was a combat simulator at one point for the HERO system where you could punch in some facts about each built character and then let the computer kinda tell you who would win. But that system only works if you agree that both characters could be built on simillar point totals while also building them objectively to reflect their standard abilities.

I appreciate what both Marvel and DC have done for comic books and providing us with years of entertainment and stories of heroism sacrafice and totally awsome twisted butt kicking and the exploration of morality and vast abilities.

I know this would be a very hard thing to do because depending on what version of Superman or the Hulk you are familliar with, you get very different versions of these heroes.

Now as a former comic book collector who was an avid Marvel Zombie, am I to understand that the DCU has been reinvented yet again. Do the fans of DC ever get tired of these reboots. Also where is the creativity in inventing new stand alone heroes, not just new members for the Avengers or X-men but all new characters.

With that said, Superman vs. Goku should come up next.

Take care

Brogahn

Dude Goku defeats evryone, then eats breakfast...;)

That's because everybody else on the team went for the munchkin combat monster or uberpower build. The team leader spent points on Tactics and background skills.

And with the write-up that Tactics got in Ultimate Skill, probably with some 'Usable By Others, must make Tactics roll' combat skill levels added on, Cap's probably more powerful as team leader than he looks.

Guest steamteck

Hey' date=' those rings can make Kryptonite![/quote']

Yes in they have in the past contrary to all previous abilities. Why the heck didn't they just generate gamma rays or something to get around the yellow problem. That's the same JLA issue where Tomar Re recognized him as a kryptonian and knew to use kryptonite against him but didn't recognize him as Superman!!!

Yes in they have in the past contrary to all previous abilities. Why the heck didn't they just generate gamma rays or something to get around the yellow problem. That's the same JLA issue where Tomar Re recognized him as a kryptonian and knew to use kryptonite against him but didn't recognize him as Superman!!!

Tomar Re has issues with Kryptonians.

Wait, wait.

Back up a moment.

Did someone suggest Supes and She-Hulk, and Hulk and Supergirl.. double date?

So...

What's a KryptoHulkoid look like, anyway?

Extremely attractive and very very scary.

As long as I had a 20+PD and STR of 50, I'd be very willing to take one of their daughters out.

What? :D

TB

They passed zoning laws to chase his family out of Kandor?

Krypton was in his sector. He was suppost to keep it from blowing up. There's some -- Survivor Guilt? Failed Rescuer Guilt?

Not to mention that he was still in the GLC after he should have retired. His destined sucessor was a Kryptonian, the son of Jor-El.

Wait, wait.

Back up a moment.

Did someone suggest Supes and She-Hulk, and Hulk and Supergirl.. double date?

Guilty.

So...

What's a KryptoHulkoid look like, anyway?

I haven't given it much thought, but I imagine, if they have daughters that reach full physical maturity you'd have something like:

Alura- Daughter of Hulk and Supergirl (later Superwoman), Alura is named after a grandmother she'd never meet. While she possesses long dark green hair that falls in waves about her shoulders, her skin coloration is akin to her mom's while her eyes continually glow emerald. The shredded pants look her dad originally had by accident, she duplicates on purpose. Strategically placed rips in the denim reveal a lot of leg. Her top is one of mom's old blue skin tight outfits, but no 'S', allowing a generous amount of cleavage to show. A black Jacket like her mom wore during her 'bad days' (or when hanging with Lobo) complete the ensemble. She likes long flights, longer fights, and doing it in high places.

Mara- Daughter of Superman and She-Hulk, Mara is named after the two mothers in Clark's life (Shulkie got to name the son, who, since I'm a hetro male fanboy, we won't cover). Mara's hair is dark black like her dad's, and much to her annoyance, shares a similar "cowlick" of sorts which she can't seem to get rid of no matter how much she tries, but she sure looks sexy fiddling with it. Her skin is a lighter green than her mothers, but still a very attractive hue. Having inherited her mother's sense of whimsy, Mara often wears glasses over her green (but non glowing) eyes that she doesn't even need, claiming it's part of her disguise. Other than that, her outfits vary a great deal. When clubbing, she usually goes for short skirts, high heels (hey, flight means looking light on your feet) and a midriff top not unlike what her aunt wore more than once. Mara's turn ons are broad shoulders, blue eyes, and the ability to quote Byron while you level a city block for the greater good.

But I'm not sure, like I said, I haven't put much thought in it.

:oink:

Krypton was in his sector. He was suppost to keep it from blowing up. There's some -- Survivor Guilt? Failed Rescuer Guilt?

Not to mention that he was still in the GLC after he should have retired. His destined sucessor was a Kryptonian, the son of Jor-El.

That sounds like an interesting storyline. Where can I find it?

Guest steamteck

Good memory and comic fu. I'd forgotten about the whole "Starchild" story.

As has been said before: It depends on who's writing it.

However, as that's no fun, let's delve further into what might happen when these two great figures clash.

Well, the hulk is currently not stupid, and Supes tries to reason with his foes, so I think they'd end up talking while they beat the hell out of each other. Interesting possible conversations come to mind...

Superman: "Hold it. You're INVADING your Earth, swearing revenge for lost loved ones, and likely to cause massive loss of life to the citizenry there?"

Hulk: "Mmm... yeah. Some readers are cheering for a body count."

Superman: "That's horrible!"

Hulk: Sighing, "Before you get too much on your high horse, let me ask you something. Are more than 10% of the people on YOUR Earth capable of gratitude, tolerance, kindness, and understanding?"

Superman: "Yes, of course! There is great goodness in them..."

Hulk: "Well, there you go, we're each in completely different settings."

:D

Later, Hulk and Superman slap each other around, but take a break while the pages of their respective comics cut to comercial, they have a few drinks and compare family photos

Superman whistles as he eyes a long leggy green woman's photo: "So that's...your cousin?"

Hulk nods: "Yeah, She-Hulk. Jennifer , she's not as full of rage, more of a fun loving gal. Might even get YOU to loosen up."

Superman: "Well, I have a wife..."

Hulk smirks: "Not in MY reality you don't."

Superman looks left, then right, half way expecting Lois to appear, "I suppose not. You think you could hook me up?"

Hulk ponders, "Assuming she's able after my little World War? Sure... though you owe me."

Superman glances over at the Cover of Brave and Bold #4 where it shows Kara hanging around Lobo of all people ((How much worse an influence can this HULK be?)Oo. He thinks, then speaks up, "I have a cousin too...now, she's 17 but in a year..." Supes reaches into his wallet and pulls out a picture.

Hulk whistles "Oh yeah, an 18 year old version of that would SO help me over my grief."

Both men look at each other, then shake hands clandestinely before returning to the fight. Now, no matter who loses, both win!

:eg:

GAh!!!!!!!!! Must spread rep!

An interview with the authors of the story who decided on the spot to give the Hulk regeneration.

Aside from his claws that can pierce through anything? Such as the "first swing" where they went into the chest and heart of the Hulk.

No, he hasn't. Maybe he's "always" been able to regenerate since you've started reading him, but it wasn't until the Hulk/Wolverine clash that he was given his regeneration.

That okay Kirby, the original wolverine had steel clawed gloves. He couldn't dent Hulk's flesh at all and they retconned that when he joined the X-men. So turnabout is fair play. Eh?

the original wolverine had steel clawed gloves. He couldn't dent Hulk's flesh at all and they retconned that when he joined the X-men. So turnabout is fair play. Eh?

The original Wolvie also had Find Weakness - he studied the Hulk a bit, then went for the throat. THAT hurt. It was also a bit of controversy at the time, as Hulk not only had a "weak point", but also had a different one in his torso which Karnak of the Inhumans had found some time previous.

I believe his claws were always adamantium, but the original intent was that they were just gloves. I don't believe that was ever stated, though. he was also intended to be late teens/early 20's, as he was created specifically with an eye to the New X-Men (not yet off the drawing board at the time, but still being discussed as a possibility).

As for the regen Hulk, that was at the time of shift from Jolly green Giant to the Grey Hulk, although there was some attempt to say "he's always just regenerated faster than we could perceive".

Unless Superman has been as badly mooked as Firelord in the infameous Spiderman vs Firelord battle, Superman and Hulk trade punches for a page or two, then Kal-El grabs Hulk and flies straight up.

Who has life support?

Both of them

Whoah! I haven't read Hulk in years (been enjoying my Hulk DVD with all issues up to 2004, just finished 1969) but the Hulk has always had a weakness to gas attacks and has passed out on a number of occasions after finding himself in the upper atmosphere (with heat/cold, radiation, vacuum not being the problem).

Did they retcon something while I was away?

As for Superman, if he was one of my players I would kick the crap out of his munchkin ass here in the real world, but that's a whole other (several in fact) thread.