Shared Campaign World?

Enforcer84

excuse the grammary faults

Originally posted by BlackSword

There will probaby be several "Schools for the Gifted" spread throughout the world, and perhaps a team similar to Young Justice.

I would come with a idea of a "PSIonic Mutant Organization Network" (PSI-MON) (done and redone, i know, a better name has to eb chosen). the Network born when two telepath mutants managed to contact each other mentally across the world. Joining their minds, they searched for other psionics in the world and contact them, adding force to the group without never physically meeting each other. the communcations were informal and used to keep track of paranormal events in the world.

When one of them, a known super-hero, was attacked and slain by a mutant super-villain; the Network understood that it could not just stand there and stay passive. the members then decided to gather (physically) other mutants around them in order to give them enough education to keep them from becoming supervillains.

The Network schools employ non-psionic mutant agents (if possible) as teachers and trainers. All the staff members have been recruited through mental contact and none of them has ever met the Network. The Network finances and supplies the schools through "more-or-less" legal uses of psionic powers (precognition on stock exchanges, psionically-enhanced research, etc...)

Most of these schools have been purposely built in relatively "distant" areas. (quietness uber alles)

1 - U.S.A : yours to fill

The first and "top" school to be created. more than 20 students and 6-7 teachers.

2 - Europe : Geneva, Switzerland

The second : created first as a "local office" in Europe; became a school by itself. number of students similar to the american school

3 - Middle East : Malé, Rep. of Maldives

Unlike the others, the government of Maldives is perfectly (and secretly) aware of the nature of the school. the Network approached them with a proposition : the Maldives let the Network install the school; the Network helps the country through various means (legal of course) like increasing the surface of lands through seismic powers (when they will have some) etc...

the Network uses this school as a test of cooperation with a government.

The students are coming from all middle east and indian subcontinent. around 15 students, 4-5 teachers.

4 - Eastern Asia : Taipei, Taiwan

(? the proximity of "Dr Chau" is making things difficult; to rethink)

5 - North Africa : Rabat, Morocco

The facade of this school is a coranic school. it drains the students from all maghreb and north africa.

around 10-12 students, 3-4 teachers

6 - Subsaharian Africa : Cape Town, South Africa.

The newest school, officially it's an social experiment of multicultural school to handle the post-apartheid evolutions.

around 15 students, 4-5 teachers.

7 - Wellington, New Zealand: i will let the locals of the board describe it.

All the super cities mentioned were American, and surely America will have all that diversity, but what about European supers, anyone from across the pond want to take on a city or two which might fit with a particular country? (comments on Asia are welcome too)

hmm, i gonna try.

Originally posted by BlackSword

All the super cities mentioned were American, and surely America will have all that diversity, but what about European supers, anyone from across the pond want to take on a city or two which might fit with a particular country? (comments on Asia are welcome too)

Of the various issues facing Europe in the late 20th century, two that caused the most concern were the ethnic conflict in the Balkans and, sometimes related, the issue of refugees and asylum seekers. The United Nations decided to act in an area of greatest concern to tackle both problems. Much of Bosnia-Herzogovina had been destroyed in the conflicts including the entire razing of cities by local superhuman militiamen. Once the UN superteam had pacified the situation, the UN decided to build a new city to house the dispossessed. Naming it Haven, the city is open to any refugee. To avoid racial strife, the city is governed by the UN and policed by UN peacekeepers. A council consisting of representatives from each ethnic communty works with the governor to ensure equality. Whilst much of the city is inhabited by Croats, Serbs, Bosnian Muslims - other groups represented include Afghans, Kurds, Albanians, Kosovans, Somalis etc. However in this city whose ideals are equalty, opportunity and democracy, not everyone is playing by the same rules and it is believed that a number of terrorist groups have infiltrated the city..

Haven is a port city of approximately 3million inhabitants living in a relatively modern city where corporate sponsorship has enabled the UN and UNESCO to build grandiose schemes.

The idea for the city came from the issue of DC Comics' Spectre when the Spectre destroys Vlatvala the home of Count Vertigo. Also from Grant Morrison's JLA and the creation of Superbia over the ruins of Montevideo.

Originally posted by altamaros

excuse the grammary faults

4 - Eastern Asia : Taipei, Taiwan

(? the proximity of "Dr Chau" is making things difficult; to rethink)

Dr. Chau would be more than glad to encourage young Chinese Psionics to study the science of the Westerners. It was isolationism that allowed the West to temporarily gain a technological edge over his homeland. Of course, the families of these young Psionics would be granted many priviledges based on the continued success and loyalty of their children...

Meanwhile Japan would doubtless have a string of successful schools for metahumans of it's own.

Alien ideas

The S'rabytes are a truly alien race, incorperial save when they use their vast psychic powers to possess a being, which they call stewards. The S'rabytes have expanded their dominion over their sector of space though cunning and ruthless use of their powers. Despite (or perhaps because of) their 'mental' state, they are selfish hedonists who crave sensation and have no moral qualms about using the the bodies of their stewards for just such a purpose. As they constantly seek new sensations, and security, so to do they seek out new races to subjugate to become Stewards (They don't use the term "host", seeing themselves more like lords who have generiously allowed corporial beings to us their property for a time before they return).

For a time, the S'rabytes have been content to rest and play in their own sector of space now, but recently they have discovered to their horror a rather primitive race with strong psychic potiential. Potiential that might one day rival their own. They have decided to investigate this planet, and are already infiltrating certain government units of "Earth" should they need to arrange for the species of 'humans' to erradicate it's own psychics.

Originally posted by altamaros

I would come with a idea of a "PSIonic Mutant Organization Network" (PSI-MON) (done and redone, i know, a better name has to eb chosen).

How about Gestalt? if not for this organization perhaps a villain-esque counterpart perhaps. I know I've been looking for a good organization of this type to hang that particular monicker on, and since I am presently working on a Steampunk (which is now leaning towards Pulp, Steampulp?) campaign setting so who knows when I'll get to use it?

My contribution

In 1972 Dr Moreau launched his plan to conquer the world. (He actually called himself Professor Proteus, but the name stuck for reasons that will soon become apparent.) He Had invented a machine that allowed him to transform people using genetic samples taken from animals.

After stealing suitable genetic samples and obtaining an implant based mind control machine (from an unknown source, which worries some people to this day) he set up buisness on the Solomon Islands (or any isolated Pacific island chain that suits you) and began kidnapping people (both tourists and locals) transforming them into animal hybrids and implanting them with control chips and forming an army.

Between the super team that tracked him down and the moreaus that could resist the mind control (especially the one that destroyed the control machine), his plan soon went down in flames.

The problem was, despite the machine surviving, nobody could work out how to reverse the transformation. While some moreaus decided to try to go back to their old lives, most decided to try and build new ones.

Due to some good leadership, the Moreau islands are doing OK. Their living standards are no match for a first world nation (they are isolated and have few natural resources), however they are a lot better off than many other nations. With every inhabitant being a low powered super, they are pretty secure. Their primary buisnesses are tourism, medical services, agriculture and fishing and mercenaries.

Originally posted by Agent X

On the "departments of magic" - I have my own take on this called Project M that started out around the turn of the century as an investigation of the paranormal. By WWII, it had become essentially an espionage/counter-espionage agency versus other "mentalist" organizations be they government affiliated or independent. As far as magic is concerned, the government to this day is undecided. Some members of Project M are actually capable of magic and form a sub-agency of Project M. When they file their reports, they file an official report that "cleans up" the magical nature of their adventures but, if a person is able, they can read the true report on the same page.:)

This sounds very similar to my own "Section M", a special section of the FBI, detailed in Demon Hunter: FBI, a heroic campaign setting I wrote up for Haymaker! a number of years ago, and reprinted in IIRC EZHero #10.

I'd gladly offer it up for this effort, but I recently signed the rights for it over to DOJ for a reprint, but havent heard anything else about it since then {shrugs}.

• 5 years later...