A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Here's an alien beastie suitable for either Champions or Star Hero campaigns --

the Soultaker:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39508[/ATTACH]

The Soultaker -- so called because of its ability to feed upon the mental energy

of its victims -- is a huge (20 feet long or longer) serpentine life-form possessed

of formidable psionic abilities. The first of these abilities is its ability to track its

victims by their mental "scent" (brainwave frequency), which it can do from a

great distance (at least 5 miles away for the older and stronger members of the

species); this is similar to a Terran shark's ability to sense even the smallest

amount of blood at a distance. The Soultaker also possesses the ability to gen-

erate a kind of psionic "white noise" which prevents its victims from registering

its presence with their normal senses -- hearing, sight, and smell -- until it is

within striking range.

Once it is in position to strike, the Soultaker rams its victim from behind, using

its tentacles to restrain the victim's limbs while its jaws clamp onto the victim's

head. Once its victim has been rendered helpless, the Soultaker begins to ab-

sorb its mental energy, a process which can take up to five minutes and which

invariably leaves the victim alive but brain-dead. Only after it has finished ab-

sorbing its victim's mental energy does the Soultaker use its powerful tongue

to pierce its victim's skull, at which point it proceeds to liquefy and consume its

brain.

Although the Soultaker can feed upon the mental energy of any mammalian life-

form, it prefers to stalk and feed upon sentient lifeforms, as their mental energy

is far "tastier" to it than that of a non-sentient animal.

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Nitro, the speedster PC in Villainous Scum's Vibora Bay campaign:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39512[/ATTACH]

This isn't what the paper drawing looks like; unfortunately, I wasn't able to

reproduce the design that was actually used for Nitro's costume, so I had

to come up with a new design that could be done with F2011.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

spidersociety.png

The Spider Society

"Hail the Spider Society! Endless Spider Society! We shall never be destroyed! Cut one strand and two more shall take its place! We serve the Spider Queen, as the world shall soon serve us!"

spidersociety.png

The Spider Society

"Hail the Spider Society! Endless Spider Society! We shall never be destroyed! Cut one strand and two more shall take its place! We serve the Spider Queen, as the world shall soon serve us!"

You just brought a tear to the eye of an insane spider Goddess. Expect fan mail from Lolth.

Threw this Together today on the Champions Online creator.

My villain Biomancer's new look - I make too many Red and Black villains so I wanted other colors.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39497[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39498[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39499[/ATTACH]

I think these would be more at home here or a supervillain version thereof

In looking over several of my characters created for other campaigns (or no campaign at all), I found myself thinking of four of them that would work very well together as a superhero team in their own right. They were all at approximately the same power level, and the characters were all nearly the same age (college). With some additional thought, I added a fifth member to make the new team a little more well-rounded. Here are their pictures and a brief bio of each one. Some of these you have seen before.

Fulcrum has the most experience in using his powers; he's practiced with his super strength since the age of 15. Morningstar has been a superhero for the longest, having served three years with the New Champions in Freedom City before joining this group. As such, they are recognized as the leaders of the team. Of the two, Fulcrum has been elected the official Team Leader because of his calmer, more even-tempered disposition. He will often defer to Morningstar's suggestions/orders in combat situations, recognizing her superior battle experience.

Onyx is the oldest of the team members—he's actually a college graduate—but has had his powers for the shortest amount of time. The fact that Fulcrum and Morningstar are the leaders doesn't bother him at all. He's the newbie, and he knows it. Cinnamon has some combat experience and a strong sense of tactics. She's a great team player. Fornax is a little hesitant in combat at times, afraid that he might maim (or kill) someone in a fight if he isn't careful with his battlesuit's plasma blasters. He seems to have the most reserved personality as well. The other team members know he's smart and quite well-versed in what's going on in the world of supers, but they know little else about him.

Incidentally, the members fit the following roles from the Five Man Band Trope:

The Leader: Fulcrum

The Lancer: Morningstar

The Big Guy: Onyx

The Smart Guy: Fornax

The Chick: Cinnamon

Okay, here are the team members one by one.

Fulcrum

FulcrmFH.png

Powers / Abilities: Fulcrum possesses superhuman strength and resistance to injury. He's a brick. He's not as strong as many other bricks, but he's a better fighter due to years of martial arts training. He is very calm and efficient in combat and makes a special effort to keep property damage to a minimum.

Knowledge / Experience: Fulcrum is a senior studying physics at Campaign City University (CCU). He also has a black belt in judo.

Quote: "The naked application of brute force as a means of solving problems is the sign of an inferior mind. The carefully considered and precisely controlled application of force, on the other hand...."

Morningstar

MStar11a.png

Powers / Abilities: Morningstar is a mutant with control over kinetic energy. Her powers most often manifest as force fields, force blasts, telekinetic effects, and the like. She also has moderate superhuman strength and durability.

Knowledge / Experience: Morningstar is the team's acknowledged combat expert, with three years' fighting experience prior to joining the current team. She fights with skill and determination, but sometimes gets a little too enthusiastic in combat. She has recently begun studying criminal justice at CCU, with an eye on pursuing a law degree eventually.

Quote: "You can give up now, and we'll take you to the police. Or you can resist, and we'll send you all to the emergency room. You ARE planning to resist, I hope."

Onyx

OnyxH_FH.pngOnyxS_FH.png

Powers / Abilities: Onyx gained control over rock and stone sometime after graduating from college. He can project stones to various effects in combat. He can also assume a large, stone-like form that gives him exceptional strength and protection from harm. It takes him a few seconds to change from human to stone form and back.

Knowledge / Experience: Onyx has a degree in geology. He has hinted that this has something to do with how he gained his powers, but has never elaborated. As a superhero he is enthusiastic and a quick learner, but lacks polish (pardon the pun). He tends to act impulsively, but is always driven by good motives.

Quote: "Eat rocks, villain!"

Cinnamon

CinnmnFH.png

Powers / Abilities: Cinnamon has the usual suite of telepathic abilities, including mind reading, mental blast, telepathic link, and mind control. She can also teleport, heal wounds, and surround herself with a protective field of psionic energy. Oddly, the use of her powers is always accompanied by a faint aroma of cinnamon—hence her code name.

Knowledge / Experience: Cinnamon is quiet about the source of her powers, though she is known not to be a mutant. She has shown a fair theoretical grasp of strategy and tactics, but lacks the real-world experience of some of her teammates (read: Morningstar). She is pursuing a degree at CCU, with a double major in psychology and biochemistry.

Quote: "If I hear one 'Spice Girls' crack out of you, you're going to have migraines for a week."

Fornax

FornaxFH.png

Powers / Abilities: Fornax wears an armored battlesuit of unknown design; his teammates suspect that he created it, but he has never confirmed that (or denied it, for that matter). His battlesuit gives him the ability to fly and to project blasts of 'stellar plasma'. These blasts come in three strengths: dangerous, lethal, and overkill. The suit also protects him from damage and appears to give him certain enhanced senses.

Knowledge / Experience: Fornax has revealed very little about his past or current life, and his teammates have no idea what he even looks like outside his armor. He doesn't talk much. What he has said, however, has led his teammates to believe he has extensive knowledge of astronomy and of mechanical and/or electrical engineering. He also seems to know a lot about heroes, villains, and paranormal organizations. How he knows all of this, his teammates have no idea.

Quote: "My battle armor produces stellar plasma. What do you think you can do against that?"

Next up is a husband-and-wife supervillain team from India, Tic-Polonga

and Blue Krait:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39544[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39543[/ATTACH]

Both are mutants whose particular powers are identical to those of venomous

snakes, in that they are both stronger than a normal human, possess incredibly

fast reflexes, and are capable of producing lethal venom within their bodies,

which they are able to use as a weapon.

In Blue Krait's case, the venom produced by her mutant physiology is a potent

neurotoxin, which she is able to introduce into a victim's bloodstream by slashing

him or her with the razor-sharp fingernails on her hands.

Tic-Polonga's body, on the other hand, is able to produce a deadly hemotoxin,

which he delivers by means of the retractable "fangs" built into his gauntlets.

The gauntlets are connected to his body by means of a cybernetic/prostethic

interface, which allows the venom produced by his body to be stored within

resevoirs housed in the cuffs of the gauntlets.

Both are vicious killers who have accepted assassination contracts from VIPER

in the past, and have gained a reputation in the Far East as assassins to be

feared, particularly in the law-enforcement and political communities.

Tic-Polonga's criminal identity is derived from a local name for a species of pit

viper known as Russell's Viper.

A few years ago when I was in Villainous Scum's Vibora Bay campaign, he

mentioned that he was looking for new villains to toss at our group, and

asked if any of us had any ideas (he really should have known better than

to make that kind of request...:sneaky:). Well, I gave him the idea for a super-

villian team that operated throughout the American Southwest, which was

known as the Outlaws. While I didn't come up with the stats for the members

of the group, I did give him the names of the individual members and the

concepts behind them, and a few weeks later, he sprung the Outlaws on our

PC team. The following pics are of the members of the Outlaws.

First up is the leader of the team, Black Gold:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39545[/ATTACH]

Saguaro Jack, a "made man" in a local crime family who's currently on a

paid retainer to the Outlaws:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39550[/ATTACH]

Together with Gunslinger and Big .50, he provides fire support to the team with

the "spineguns" built into his gauntlets (basically, these are Gauss SMGs that

fire armor-piercing explosive fletchette rounds).