A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

I recently had this idea for a super villain group called Avanguardia Rosa or the Red Vanguard. Avanguardia Rosa is the super-human arm of the Italian terrorist group the Red Brigade. Here's a drawing of one of it's members. I'm not entirely in love with the drawing, but I might keep it.

barbarossa.png

Barbarossa

Other favorites include:

The Brown Hornet (hi-tech fast-flying thug. nice addition to any random villain team up)

Hornet.jpg

and Golden Gladiator (load-mouthed Brick who can never turn down a challenge; likes to temporarily blind opponents with the glare off his golden armor):

GoldenGladiator.jpg

The mysterious "Number Men" are a recent addition to our campaign. the "4s" are generic shock troopers/agents. The "3s" are larger and in green and white armor and specialize in "anti-hero" weaponry. The "2s" are field commanders (purple & white), and Number 1 (black & white) is their leader (power-armored). They are Mercenaries who hire out as a highly trained and well-equipped private army. When regular thugs just won't cut it, called the Number Men:

NumberMen.jpg

Graver is my twist on the density-control brick. He's a pro-wrestler who was murdered by the mob but the "Spirits of Vengeance" have given him the power to protect the weak from beyond the grave. He usually floats around as a ghost (Desolid), all green and glowy (when seen), but can assume a form of living tombstone (density increase) when the weak are threatened.

[yes, he's the ugly love child of Dead-man (DC) and the Vision (Marvel)]:

Ghost Graver:

GraverGhost.jpg

and tombstone Graver:

GraverStone.jpg

Spy-by-Night. Chaz Winslow is an account manager at a photo copy supply company by day and a cat-burgling, knife-throwing, Spy by night. He has no powers but he's nimble and a master planner. He hates his life and became a villain for hire to break the monotony.

SpybyNight.jpg

Glue is every mastermind's best friend. Glue wants nothing more than to please his master and be rewarded. Unfortunately his power is a bit messy (however effective) and he tends leave a sticky trail around even the most non-stick hideouts. Glue can stick himself to anything and he hurl balls of his ... um ....coating ....to ensnare his enemies.

Glue.jpg

Art-wise: to me he works on a "less-is-more" level.

It seemed like folks were doing a lot of dragon-themed themed characters, so here a simple alien overload/gladiator villain I made. I thought adding the scale texture to the circle made a nice gem effect for his belt. And the Mohawk makes a passable head-fin.

ReptileTank.jpg

I just uploaded some superhero images (by artists other than myself) onto my profile page. I can't get either HeroMachine or Fabrica to work quite right on these borrowed computers (library restrictions and all that), but I do wonder how well anyone could come to drawing some of those characters using those things.

Spy-by-Night. Chaz Winslow is an account manager at a photo copy supply company by day and a cat-burgling' date=' knife-throwing, Spy by night. He has no powers but he's nimble and a master planner. He hates his life and became a villain for hire to break the monotony[/quote']

i think he could be turned into a hero quite easily

I just uploaded some superhero images (by artists other than myself) onto my profile page. I can't get either HeroMachine or Fabrica to work quite right on these borrowed computers (library restrictions and all that)' date=' but I do wonder how well anyone could come to drawing some of those characters using those things.[/quote']

These things are addictive and if you play around with it for hours and hours, sometimes you might be so lucky to get a useful result!:D

The mysterious "Number Men" are a recent addition to our campaign. the "4s" are generic shock troopers/agents. The "3s" are larger and in green and white armor and specialize in "anti-hero" weaponry. The "2s" are field commanders (purple & white)' date=' and Number 1 (black & white) is their leader (power-armored). They are Mercenaries who hire out as a highly trained and well-equipped private army. When regular thugs just won't cut it, called the [b']Number Men[/b]:

NumberMen.jpg

This is an outstanding concept for a comic book villain organization. You deserve Rep (which I'm sure you'll already have plenty of, once you get your post count up to 50) for this. Alas, I can't do it at the moment....

Overall I like the Hunter of Souls. He has the feel of an updated Hades/Pluto from greek/roman mythology ("lord of the dead" and stuff). I really like the "skull masks as knee caps" idea. Nice non-standard use of the tools.

That said, I for some reason find his lack of ears and eye-brows disturbing. It gnaws at me. There's a lot of emotion and menace in a nice pair of eye-brows.