What are/were DC's great non-superhero titles?

FenrisUlf

Just wondering -- once upon a time, as I recall, DC had a lengthy list of non-superhero comics that did rather well. The various war comics aside, the only ones I can remember are Jonah Hex and Kamandi, who's apparently being brought back?

Just what was Kamandi about, and, in your opinion, what were the great non-superhero titles that DC did?

Re: What are/were DC's great non-superhero titles?

Fables is great, it is a Vertigo title

Kamandi was a post appoclypse style story about the "last boy on earth", did not read much of them but I know that they were heavy on mutants (half animal/half man)...

Sandman, Fables, Jack of Fables, Hellblazer, Books of Magic, Preacher, Shade the Changing man, V for Vendetta, Ronin (Frank Miller), Death: The High Cost of Living

Go here and take your pick:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1674462

Or I can go on. The Vertigo Line is where I live....(and all that came before that now gets thrown into this title)

I used to love Weird War Tales... Especially the Haunted Tank... What ever happened to those kinds of comics?

I've seen the Haunted Tank available as a DC Showcase collection (about 500 pages of story in B&W for roughly $17), as well as the Unknown Soldier, Enemy Ace, War that Time Forgot, and Sergeant Rock and Easy Company.