What is Your Inner Character?

The Main Man

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What is Your Inner Character?

I know what you mean. I love bard's ... but not a single one I've ever played could cast spells. One of them had an aversion to the whole idea of it.

Really, thanks to Hero I can Bard's as *I* envision them.

Actually, I just don't like bards because of the musical dorkery. I like the spell list, I hate the music.

the only bard i know of is gabrielle bard of potadia aka gabrielle the storyteller[xena warrior princess]

She wouldn't be a bard, D&D definition; she had no magic. She'd simply be some other class (probably rogue) with ranks in Perform (Oratory), though since a character is not aware of his class, she could certainly call herself a bard.

Similar to the way my character might have bard on the sheet, but wouldn't call himself one.

Actually not - in D&D Monks have to be Lawful.

Not quite ... you have to be lawful to advance as a monk. If you take the monk levels you want first, then start advancing as a ranger, it no longer matters (and I removed alignment restrictions on the monk long ago, myself ... don't make no sense).

The first one says I'm a Lawful Good Gnome Paladin. (Why so many Gnomes?)

The second one says I'm a Chaotic Good Human Barbarian.

Reality says I am neither of these two.

I wonder if any of these things actually include the full range of D&D classes and races. There are over 60 core classes in 3.5, and dozens of races. Does anyone come out as a Xeph Soulknife? Or a Raptoran Beguiler? Or a Illumian Crusader? Or a Feral Gargun Abjurer?

I wonder if any of these things actually include the full range of D&D classes and races. There are over 60 core classes in 3.5, and dozens of races. Does anyone come out as a Xeph Soulknife? Or a Raptoran Beguiler? Or a Illumian Crusader? Or a Feral Gargun Abjurer?

Generally, these tests restrict the characters to the PHB-only information, though if I were ever to do a game in the 'everybody take this test, and play that', I'd certainly give some wiggle room.

That's actually closer to my style than the one I got. It's the character I played in Neverwinter Nights 1. He had a rather unlikely fighting style which involved dual-wielding a morningstar and scimitar.

So what would everyone have chosen as their character? I.E. what would you have expected to get?

Well, i would ahve expected something neutral good and dwarfy, possibly sorcerer!

I got Lawful Good Aasimar Monk/Cleric/Sword Sage!

OK, I lied :D But that's what I would have wanted

cheers, Mark