Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

Here is a second look at Golden Hammer. When adding experience I tried to look at it from two perspectives, what would a player want to give her and if she had a comic what are some of the things she might gain by way of guest writer. Best guess here she is after about a 4 year run and a couple of cross overs here and there to explain how she got so fast. Overall, she's a tougher verses Physical damage so Energy Damage looks more like a soft spot, she also has a major boost to her skill with the Hammer.

Golden Hammer

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

35 STR 25 16- Lift 3200.0kg; 7d6 [3]

26 DEX 48 14- OCV: 9/DCV: 9

23 CON 26 14-

23 BODY 26 14-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 ½d6

16 COM 3 12-

7+25 PD 0 Total: 7/32 PD (0/25 rPD)

5+25 ED 0 Total: 5/30 ED (0/25 rED)

6 SPD 24 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

12 REC 0

46 END 0

53 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 197

Movement:

Running: 10"/20"

Flight: 32"/64"

Leaping: 10"/20"

Swimming: 4"/8"

Cost Powers END

Gotden Steel, all slots OIF Unbreakable (-½)

50 1) Armor (25 PD/25 ED) (75 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (-½) 0

40 2) Blessing of the Golden Steel: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); OIF Unbreakable (-½) 0

43 Golden Hammer: Multipower, 87-point reserve, all slots Conditional Power Power does not work in Very Uncommon Circumstances (Requires a Strength 30; +0) (87 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)

3u 1) Back Off!: Energy Blast 7 ½d6, Personal Immunity (+¼), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (85 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-½) 8

3u 2) Shockwave: Energy Blast 7 ½d6, Personal Immunity (+¼), Area Of Effect (18" Line; +1) (85 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Range (-½), Only When In Contact With The Ground (-¼) 8

3u 3) Swing: Hand-To-Hand Attack +11 ½d6, Penetrating (+½) (87 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-½) 9

Notes: Total 16d6 w/Strength

3u 4) Sheild Cracker: Hand-To-Hand Attack +11 ½d6, Autofire (5 shots; +½) (87 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-½) 9

Notes: Total 16d6 w/Strength

3u 5) Send them Flying: Hand-To-Hand Attack +10d6, Double Knockback (+¾) (87 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-½) 9

Notes: 13.5d6 with Strength

51 Golden Aura: Flight 32" (64 Active Points); Visible (Golden Aura; -¼) 6

10 I can take it just as well as I can dish it out.: Knockback Resistance -5" 0

11 Iron Will: Mental Defense (15 points total) 0

33 Bat it away: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target (50 Active Points); Linked (Swing; -½) 0

Skills

15 Hammer Head: +5 with any three maneuvers or a tight group of attacks

15 The Best Defense: +3 with DCV

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

7 Criminology 15-

9 Deduction 16-

7 Interrogation 15-

9 Mechanics 16-

3 Scholar

5 1) KS: Known Criminals (6 Active Points) 16-

4 2) KS: Law (5 Active Points) 15-

4 3) KS: Social Work (5 Active Points) 15-

4 4) KS: Sociology (5 Active Points) 15-

3 Survival 13-

9 Tracking 16-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 353

Total Cost: 550

200+ Disadvantages

10 Hunted: Family 11- (Less Pow, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

25 Hunted: KKK 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

25 Hunted: Neo-Nazi's 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

5 Watched: NAACP 8- (Less Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

5 Watched: State Govenment 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Psychological Limitation: Bound By Duty (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: Code Against Killing (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Short tempered (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Stubborn (Common, Strong)

20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Many Enemies) Frequently (11-), Severe

10 Social Limitation: Famous (Frequently, Minor)

200 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 550

Background/History: Born from a line of Southern "heroes" the latest Golden Hammer has sworn to become a true hero, not an oppressor still fighting the War of Northern Aggression and trying to uphold those outdated ideals. As was the tradition when reaching maturity Abigail was passed the Armor and Weapon of her ancestors. Dug from the first iron mines of Alabama the raw ore was brought away to a family of share croppers who were said to be mystics from the old world. The miners offered them the ore as a gift to give them the strength to defend their homes and their lands. Taking payment, those present were told to return in one year and a day.

This was never to be. Word spread quickly and the mine owner quietly took note of the workers actions. Biding his time he arranged for accidents to befall each of the miners. Save one, Douglas Sinclair, the man who had sold out his fellow workers. Returning to the family Douglas was given a sculpted breastplate and sledgehammer. Both forged from the original ore. The black of the iron gone instead these tools gleamed with an inner light.

With these new arms the blood of the Sinclair line was given three blessings: To always be strong, for the might to wield the hammer. To always be healthy, for the endurance to stand against any challenge. And to always be strong of mind, to resist the temptations of others.

Douglas Sinclair’s first act upon receiving these gifts was to slay the family, man, woman and three children, to prevent them from spreading their witchery further. For the remainder of his life Douglas Sinclair served the mine owner keeping the other men in line and upholding the values of the business. It was not until Douglas turned fifty six that he passed on the mantle of Golden Hammer to his son already in his twenties.

This continued on for several generations, each time the Hammer and Steel being passed to the eldest. This changed with the birth of Abigail Sinclair. Five generations removed from Douglas she was an only child. Even with the power of the Hammer and Steel the Sinclair line had fallen onto hard times. Her father had long since put away the Golden Hammer; taking a job as a simple auto mechanic. The money from the Klan had long since dried up.

Abigail was raised with the idea that she would make her family great again. This took root in her mind and heart. Abigail could see the world changing around them and it wasn’t just the Sinclair blood line being passed by it was her whole entire state. Looking back through her family’s she could see how her very kin had helped to make this sad depression a reality.

As Abigail matured she kept her observations to herself biding her time when her father would grant her the Hammer and Steel. On her twenty-first birthday the day had come. Upon taking the Hammer and Steel Abigail donned the mantle of Golden Hammer vowing to see her home great again and to undo the sins of her bloodline.

Her family, feeling betrayed, have since disowned her and have actively worked to retrieve the Hammer and Steel even though Abigail’s mother cannot have another child. This has put her at odds with many old friends of the family. This however has only driven her to fight harder.

This new Golden Hammer dreams of a time when her home of Alabama will no longer be looked down on as repressed and backwards and has dedicated herself to fighting for equality.

Quote: "You don't want ot dirt roll with me son."

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've got him finished now. I took 600 points, not 500, but since he's essentially a Superman knock-off (and an NPC), I don't feel too bad about it.

Presenting, for your consideration....

Centennial

(One quick question, by the way. I've seen characters posted on these boards in a scrollable window with a typewriter-like font. How is this accomplished? I could find no satisfactory answers in the FAQ. Thanks!)

Arizona is up: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dzqpmkt_176dsp8xbcs

there's one more disad she should have:

"Monitoring the Centennial of Colorado because Providence of Rhode Island is underage."

:D

She is?! Oh, er, well, never mind, then....

Estrella! How are you doing today?

:D

a rough draft of Azure from Hawaii is up.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dzqpmkt_176dsp8xbcs&hl=en

she's tricky and costly, so I'd appreciate some feedback.

thanks

Be nice if it brought me to the bio page. All I get is "Welcome to Google Docs" which I assume is where you made it. But no direction or hint of how to get to her.

Independence One is up => http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dzqpmkt_394fm7t9xd9&hl=en

the art is from Enforcer,

but I had no ideas. nada inspired me from the wiki on Delaware.

So, I pulled out the old Marvel Super Heroes, the Ultimate Powers Guide,

and I started rolling dice, letting fate take me where it may. :nonp:

He's an android, but a weak fighter, but has some big powers that help him solve crimes.

consider this a rough draft until I get more feedback on the incarnation awareness power.

PLUS: with Mr.Delware, you get to find out what Wizard of Oz, Star Wars, and TRON all have in common ! :D

ENJOY !

Western sector heroes

Way Out West Where the Big Wind Howls . . .

CA - Cpt. California

MT - Big Sky

WY - Bison

NV - the Silver Line

ID - Gemstone

OR - Eco-Ranger

WA - Evergreen

If anyone would like to contribute Hero Ideas...

does not have to be a full blown characters sheet

any help appreciated, Thankee Kindly.

Well I know my entry is late here and not necessarily apropos since he is more a hero for a city than a state. Allow me to introduced the luck-based and slightly egocentric Vega$...can you guess what city he represents?

Vegas is cool, and barring any uproar,

I'd suggest him for the Dark Champions side of the house...

No man, I aint implying you're a bad guy, now hey...

now put the knife away man I'm just talkin see ?!?!

Southern sector heroes

Hey Y'all... Didja hear them fellers up at the capital done hired a new inergy projector ?

VA - Virtus

FL - the Seminole

WV - Mountaineer

SC - Gunny Ramos

NC - Kitty Hawk

KY - the Thorobred

LA - Red Stick

Arkansas Traveller

PR - El Boricua

VI - Golden Eagle

MS - Valor

GA - Empire

Just Fishin Folks . . . Character Write-Ups Welcome...

Re: Southern sector heroes

any contributions welcome

VA - Virtus

FL - the Seminole

WV - Mountaineer

SC - Gunny Ramos

GA - Empire

NC - Kitty Hawk

KY - the Thorobred

LA - Red Stick

Arkansas Traveller

PR - El Boricua

VI - Golden Eagle

MS - Valor

Character Write-Ups Welcome....

I keep meaning to write up Virtus, but since I can't find my rulebook (:mad:), I haven't. Obviously, she has a HKA, and Armor (well, a helmet). I kind of envisioned her as a low powered brick, with some PRE effects (Virtus being the Roman goddess of bravery) for herself and others, and some combat boosting abilities (limited CSLs, Self only Aid, etc) when fighting conqueror types, like Destroyer or Muerte, maybe even Foxbat if his Master Plan is right. Sic Semper Tyrannis.