Heroes from All Fifty States

Egyptoid

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Heroes from All Fifty States

IBM is a large employer in Vermont. that's where the gadgeteer idea sprouted from. Like I said' date=' This hoosier boy only did Vermont cuz none others had stepped up to the plate yet.[/quote']

I'd still prefer a hero with maple syrup based powers. (At the very least, all of his powers should have the advantage Sticky).

here's teh linx to the current pages.

they were getting huge, I had to split them into

forward operating areas.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dzqpmkt_176dsp8xbcs&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dzqpmkt_221w2xh8ggz&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dzqpmkt_205rr7gsqfb&hl=en

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dzqpmkt_191gzr8w3cj&hl=en

they are still under construction.

when the power and character descriptions start pouring in (ahem)

they will grow in size and tax my formatting skills.

Sounds like a plan. I was getting hung up on The Badger' date=' and how to work in humorous references to cheese, beer, Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and the Green Bay Packers.[/quote']

Well, my roommate worked at the Swiss Colony factory in (Milwaukee? Madison?) one Christmas break, and given the current Green Bay fiasco, I wanted to combine the two - how does the Fudge Packer sound?

What?

:angel:

Who Will Be the Man from Connecticut ?

on the Left, Connecticutioner

on the Right, Mr. Constitution

please vote which anyone prefers.

CONNECTICUTIONER.jpgYUKON.png

and seems OBVIOUS that Captain O will vote for the dude with the gun...

=====================

and if anyone has any more disads and skills to submit on their peoples' backgrounds, please do. Thanks.

plus links should be fixed, maybe.

Re: Who Will Be the Man from Connecticut ?

on the Left, Connecticutioner

on the Right, Mr. Constitution

please vote which anyone prefers.

If these are the only choices available, I'll vote for "Mr. Constitution."

But I'd prefer to see a more interestingly-named Connecticut hero called:

"Nathan Hale" -- Connecticut's native son and State hero

"Fundamental Orders" -- Connecticut's first constitution, adopted January 14, 1639

"Nutmegger" -- "The Nutmeg State" is a persistent unofficial nickname for Connecticut

"Prudence" -- Connecticut's State heroine, Prudence Crandall, a Quaker schoolteacher who was the first White in the nation to teach Black students; "prudence" is also a word meaning discretion, economy or caution/care with regard to practical matters.

"Corsair" -- the Chance Vought F4U Corsair, celebrated carrier-capable fighter aircraft of World War II and Korea, created by naturalized Connecticut resident Igor Sikorsky

(Egyptoid, I'll see if I can work some of these up this weekend. But in the meantime, anyone/everyone is invited to give them a try.)

Finally, net is on at the new house, so I can sit down and right this up :D

For J%8%8'K 'Jake' Xmith, the New American

top 3 or 4 Disads : Distinctive Features, DNPCs ( the other Xmiths ), Overconfident

top 3 or 4 Stats : Tough, and Strong, and Fast - just not all at once.

five or six skills : Systems maintenance, Life Support repairs, Recycling - the dirty work, but he enjoys it.

top 5 or 6 Powers : Growth, Life Support (Sleepless), Life Support ( can hold his breath for an hour), Extra limbs, minor Speedster ( with high END cost )

5 or 6 lines of back-story and origin : Apart from the post here -

J%8%8'K ( a name unpronounceable by beings with less than three larynges ) was one of the service workers on the battered cargo freighter the Xmiths flew to Earth - hard work, dirty work, but vital. Of course he squabbled and complained about it, but still enjoyed the satisfaction of a job well done.

After the authorities released his family, he sought much the same sort of work in New York State, and promptly saved the lives of co-workers and passer-by by dealing with a lethal chemical spill.

This got him suggested as New York States representative, which found him brash, argumentative, but still willing to risk his life in some very nasty situations.

Nobody knows why Connecticut has always been the Nutmeg State...but here's a hero who's proud to be the Nutmegger!

Nutmegger is the son of a Connecticut dryad, or "tree-woman." He has no idea who his father is, and adopted the name "Tom Bedlam" from the old English songs about the mystical madman Tom o'Bedlam. Nutmeg is Tom's birth herb, and has influenced his appearance, powers and abilities. Tom's skin is orange as the fruit of the nutmeg, his eyes are green as its leaves and his hair is the brick-red of mace, a seasoning made from the skin of the nutmeg nut.

Nutmeg -- in large quantities -- is a hallucinogen, producing visual distortions and a mild euphoria. Tom's powers as the Nutmegger echo this theme, with his ability to create mental illusions, hallucinatory landscapes and "tricks of the eye" effects, ranging from subtle to gross. He also has an Ego Attack customized as a distracting Burst of Euphoria.

As a half-blood dryad, Tom also shares his mother's ability to communicate with and control plants. He can speed or stunt the growth of plants, exaggerate certain features (like thorns or tendrils), entangle opponents/objects or create barriers of vegetation. Tom can affect already-existing plants, but to ensure that he always *has* plants handy, he carries in his belt pouches a variety of nuts and seeds, ready to spring to life when his power releases the plants inside.

NUTMEG POWERS, ACTIVATE !!!

that's awesome.

Nutmegger shall be the CT representative, by executive order.

Connecticutioner goes Dark side, and Constitution goes golden age.

==========================================

NORTH DAKOTA , please review and comment

==============================================

off-screen props to Proditor!

I was describing the 50 Heroes to a gamer I hadn't seen in months,

and when I got to DC, and Represent, and his power to duplicate himself

four-score and seven times, the guy lost it. :D

Re: VOTE OFF for TEXAS

Plasma Ranger - - - - - Yellow Rose

file_002083.jpgYellowrose%202.jpg

McCoy stirred the cake while it was setting up.

Now we need a runoff vote betwixt the flag-based energy projector,

and the colorful lady, probably from Amarillo, with her sharp mind.

*Yellow Rose plays the "Woman of Color" card.*

Re: VOTE OFF for TEXAS

Plasma Ranger - - - - - Yellow Rose

McCoy stirred the cake while it was setting up.

Now we need a runoff vote betwixt the flag-based energy projector,

and the colorful lady, probably from Amarillo, with her sharp mind.

Difficult choice - the Large-Print version of the flag, or the costume that induces migraines?

But I'ld have to go with Rose - even if a lot of detractors in the setting will claim the choice was made solely by 'political correctness' - boy, will she get more than her fair share of grief from racist, misogynist creeps :(

Re: Who Will Be the Man from Connecticut ?

...But I'd prefer to see a more interestingly-named Connecticut hero called....

"Corsair" State plane of Connecticut, the Chance Vought F4U Corsair, celebrated carrier-capable fighter aircraft of World War II and Korea. Designed and built by naturalized Connecticut resident Igor Sikorsky

Here's the Mighty Corsair to join the Nutmegger, his fellow Connecticut hero. Details to follow...but this young aero-jock doesn't need a plane to fly!

Egyptoid, delighted you liked the Nutmegger -- and he and I are both honoured to have been admitted to the roster by EO of the President! But I'm on a roll now; I'm not trying to make life difficult for you with these additional CT heroes, but this 50 States concept -- and the Portuguese Hero-Maker -- is just so NEAT! I really don't want to stop...(and the excess heroes can always disappear into the Historical Pages if unwanted).