WWYCD: Magic Fishnets?

Hermit

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WWYCD: Magic Fishnets?

As I often do, I use some of the characters from my SuperSquad America convention games to answer this.

Silver Bow -- I think Kelly is a little too modest to fight crime in fishnets. As an investigative reporter, she would certainly look into their origins and once convinced of their safeness, probably pass them on to one of her female teammates.

Diva -- As a brick, Diva doesn't really need the boost, however she might keep and wear them (I can see Diva wearing fishnets) because let's face it if Diva is wearing them, they're unlikely to fall into the wrong hands.

Crimson Fist -- Jackson would not wear them. He's too straight-laced for anything like that. He'd probably offer them to his wife Karen (Forethought).

Forethought -- A few years ago, Karen would have never considered wearing fishnets even in her personal life. These days, she's a lot more secure and I think she would seriously consider wearing them as part of her costume. And if they came as a gift from Jackson, she almost certainly would wear them.

Nightingale -- The history of the fishnets would intrigue Jenny, particular with the name of the Golden Age heroine and the connection with sonic powers and magic, Especially since she herself is magical and uses sonics. A few years ago, before she learned her mother's identity she would have syspected the original Nightingale of being her mom -- in the SuperSquad Universe, superheroes didn't appear until 1961 -- making the 60s the Golden Age. These days, she'd likely speculate that perhaps time travel was involved and that the fishnets were really hers, so she had better start wearing them so as to avoid messing up time (there's been enough that in the past few years). If she didn't suspect time travel (or it is ruled out), she would likely don the stockings in tribute to the heroine with whom she shares a name and powers.

Impact -- I don't think Yuri would be caught dead wearing them in public -- although he has enough of a sense of humor that he might don them in private to give a show for his professional figure skater girlfriend. In the end, he would probably offer them to his half-sister Jenny or perhaps he would give them to Illyana (the figure skater) and try to talk her into being his crime-fighting partner.

Mysterious Mr. Z -- Mr Z is an alien and can be unpredictable in his behavior. However, I could see him at least trying out the fishnets, although he'd have to ditch the trenchcoat to do so. A nice leather jacket might work.

El Portdar -- Ramon wouldn't be caught dead in fishnets and since he wears a battlesuit, he isn't faced with the option of wearing them as part of his costume. He'd probably go to Silver Bow for advice on what to do with them.

• 3 weeks later...

MACH 5 would give them to his girlfriend, and probably moonlight with her as a new two man crimefighting team, whenever there's down time between missions.

(The power suit requires two operators, one to man the suit itself, Hal, and another to operate the various data uplinks and feeds from various satellites, Tabby.)

Not that she needs the HTH help, she's a more technical fighter than Hal is, he's just more combat savvy.

Well, I do have one female character under construction. But, she is very modest. And generally doesnt want to call too much attention to herself. (DEMON is a HUnted. :eek:). Her healing power and energy shield are the only powers she is willing to use without some reservation. (well, I do have a "sleep inducing" power I am trying to figure out how to create for her, she might have no reservation to using that)

Note: Her biological father is a member of DEMON, long story.

Well, I do have one female character under construction. But, she is very modest. And generally doesnt want to call too much attention to herself. (DEMON is a HUnted. :eek:). Her healing power and energy shield are the only powers she is willing to use without some reservation. (well, I do have a "sleep inducing" power I am trying to figure out how to create for her, she might have no reservation to using that)

For your sleep inducing power, The best way to go is Ego Attacks. They basicly knock you out, so it would be a good way to simulate a sleeping attack.

My character Flux can change shape and form, so he might adopt the form of the original Nightingale, to try and continue her legacy and draw out anyone who might know more about her or the fishnets.

However it doesn't seem to work he would probably give it to one of his team mates, probably either Spectrum, the shy scientist, or White Witch who wouldn't know what the big deal would be about.

Enigma ... She already gets flack for only wearing a halter top' date=' going into battle in fishnets would just be the icing on the cake she'd like. Not to mention just how awesome she'd look riding her motorcycle into battle that way.[/quote']

"Only wearing a halter top"? She's lucky she only gets flack. She's lucky she doesn't get arrested. I hope she doesn't leave stains on her motorcylce seat. I mean she should at least put on a matching g-string or thong if not some actual shorts or something. Maybe some chaps, too.

Originally Posted by Vulcan viewpost.gif

For that matter, I was in a Dark Jedi game for a while with 'Bunny' who would definitely wear them. He was a gay dark jedi in black leather with a hot pink lightsaber... :nonp:

and a neural whip. :help:

And here's me looking for an original force based villain for the Saga game I'm planning on running...:sneaky:

So how's that going, Weldun?

"Only wearing a halter top"? She's lucky she only gets flack. She's lucky she doesn't get arrested. I hope she doesn't leave stains on her motorcylce seat. I mean she should at least put on a matching g-string or thong if not some actual shorts or something. Maybe some chaps' date=' too.[/quote']

always one in the crowd... she wears leathers on the bottom half. Not revealing at all.

Red Death probably doesn't notice, he is well into his battle for this world against any heroes that exist as he searches for the one who can kill him or raise the dead.

Arthur Kent gives them to Red to distribute to the army as she sees fit, he is a a shooter who doesn't want or need more power, he has as much as he needs.

Terry probably gives them to a teacher blushing.