Kill the Dude with the Thing

mattingly

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Kill the Dude with the Thing

The problem with that whole "kill the dude with the thing" thing is that once you've killed the dude and taken the thing... you're now the dude with the thing! :eek:

STumbled across this thread in an unrelated search. And so glad I did. :yes:

So, every person who takes the thing becaomes the dude with the thing, that everybody is trying to kill... to take the thing?

Sounds a lot like this game:

I still say "kill everybody" and then get the thing.

So if we kill everybody and get all their things then We'll be the dudes with the things?

This kinda makes me wonder if this isn't the worst (or best) dungeon crawl ever

Kill him how? Take it where? Really there is an awful lot of ambiguity in these instructions.

LOL, no, no, no, you can extrapolate quite a bit from what is given. When you have killed the dude with the thing and you take the thing, you then become the dude with the thing, and there fore must be killed, ergo you take it to a place where you won't get killed, which is unlikely because you are now the dude with the thing and must be killed. Once you are killed, then that person takes the thing, and after you are alive again you must kill the dude with the thing, then take the thing... So you see it really is as easy as, "kill the dude with the thing, and take the thing." :D

I love this thread, and I don't even MMO game (and yes, I know, but I really don't MMO... RPG or otherwise so yes I mean MMO).

I thought of that... However, my line of logic was this. You have killed the dude with the thing, you have taken the thing, and as such you are still under the "take the thing" clause in the statement. Otherwise if you are dead, how can you take the thing in that state, there for it's further backed as an action that is not in line with the statement "kill the dude with the thing and take the thing" because you can no longer follow through with the second part. So Due to having to entirely throw away the second part of the statement if you kill yourself (both before and after killing yourself), then I should think that it is not a viable option.

Not to mention, you are going to have a great deal of people looking for you to kill you and take your thing, because you are indeed now the dude with the thing. So I should think that running and staying alive would be the only thing you'd be able to think about at the time. Not to mention, I figure if you stopped to think about it it would turn out like this, "Dude, I'm the guy with the thing, maybe I should kill my... hurk! Hey, I'm now dead, and he's got the thing!" but that is an assumption beyond the statement that was given.

The size of the thing is irrelevant. The important thing is what you do with it.

So, I use the thing to kill the dude .... Does that sound right?

Well no, in point of fact. The instructions were quite clear: FIRST kill the Dude, THEN take the Thing. So it's not possible to 'use the thing to kill the dude' because that would involve FIRST taking the Thing, THEN killing the Dude, which is completely backwards. Sorry to rain on your parade, but you're just going to have to come up with a better plan. Preferably a plan consistent with the instructions.

What I want to know is WHO exactly is this strange little woman, making flowcharts, bossing everyone around, and sending them forth to kill random Dudes and take their Things? I'm starting to think maybe she has some 'control issues.'

I'm just a guy with a goatee, I didn't sign up for this....

What I want to know is WHO exactly is this strange little woman, making flowcharts, bossing everyone around, and sending them forth to kill random Dudes and take their Things? I'm starting to think maybe she has some 'control issues.'

Nancy Pelosi?