Spear of Destiny

torelin32

Re: Spear of Destiny

About a 1.5-2d6 HKA with an inch of limited stretching for reach.

Repped for stating the obvious that I missed.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary recalls that Jim Morrison said Lucius Alexander was pretty good at seeing the obvious

Kinda depends on which version of the spear one wants to depict.

The DC Comics version would have a VPP with some godawfully high point total - even the Spectre couldn't overcome effects created with its power.

Various fictional versions seem to have gained the ability to kill anything as a result of its infamous original use. Maybe a high damage class HKA with the NND (defense is holy protection) and Does BODY advantages?

Real world legends about it say that its wielder is fated for victory so long as the spear is in his possession. Maybe Luck with the Usable On Others, Area Effect, and MegaScale advantages?

Hi Guys,

Just a crazy thought. How would you guys write up the Spear of Destiny, you know the one that pierced (The Big J's) side and ages later came into the possession Hitler and then was lost just before the seconf world war ended.

Just curious if any of you guys had a idea.

Thanks,

For a game or for the real world?

Yeah, lot's of ways to go with it...in a certain viewpoint it is a "god slaying" weapon...

+50 Pres vs immortal beings, +X D6 killing vs immortals, Transform Being with Ressurection Regen to same except "Ways to kill" includes the spear, etc....x3/4 DR vs immortal's attacks?

Nothing in Jesus's write up to suggest that he was immune to normal weapons.

I would call it a normal weapon with a bad rep and call it done.

I haven't seen the character sheet.

But as for Longinus' spear, I think the assumption is not that it had to be special to pierce what it did, but that by that action it became something special.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary seeks to control the phenomena of gravity and mass by acquiring The Spear of Density!

the spear is one of the great mystic item (to some) of our world.

the spear = air . the ability to lead armies

the sword = Fire personal sucess, attack, also rumored to the the sword of golaith thne King David, King Soloman, Alexander the great, King Aurthur ect.

the Ring which was the seal of soloman, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_Solomon

the Goblet = Water , healing

The Crown = the spirt

The shield = the earth

thease are rumor the have been created by the Alantis civilation and have come down through history.

Soloman had the Sword crown ring

Alexander the Great had the sheild (which was rumored to have been the shield of Achilles) the sword and the spear.

ect

just some thoughts

Tip broken off in the 600's so will likely do less damage' date=' but it will hurt more so maybe 1d6HKA w/ +1 or 2 Stun multiplier.[/quote']

Good point. It almost has to have succumbed to wood rot or bugs by now, so it's probably destroyed. If not, it's basically a stick. +2d6 HA. That's my final answer, Regis. :)

Good point. It almost has to have succumbed to wood rot or bugs by now' date=' so it's probably destroyed. If not, it's basically a stick. +2d6 HA. That's my final answer, Regis. :)[/quote']

Not necessarily, and even if so, only the haft, not the point.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary asks what the point is again?

Good point. It almost has to have succumbed to wood rot or bugs by now' date=' so it's probably destroyed. If not, it's basically a stick. +2d6 HA. That's my final answer, Regis. :)[/quote']

hmmm, I just assumed the spearhead would have been attached to a new haft but I suppose weilding it like an unbalanced reasonably dull hunk of metal would further reduce its efficacy.

I think I'd model it as something powerful but subtle. For instance, one overall skill level, usable by LOTS of others simultaneously, effectively giving everyone in your army +1 to any roll they make.

That might not seem like much on the surface, but if EVERY soldier, sailor, and airman in your forces has a +1 to EVERY roll they make, it's going to add up and be a very significant advantage.

Hi Guys,

Just a crazy thought. How would you guys write up the Spear of Destiny, you know the one that pierced (The Big J's) side and ages later came into the possession Hitler and then was lost just before the seconf world war ended.

Who says it's missing?

The one Hitler had, sometimes known as the Vienna lance or Hofburg spear, was returned to Austria by General George Patton. It was temporarily stored in the Kunsthistorisches Museum, and currently held in the Schatzkammer (Imperial treasury).

However, while this is unquestionably the one Hitler had, the provenance goes back to Charlemagne, not Constantine. It is generally agreed to most likely date from the 7th century CE, though an iron pin, long claimed to be a nail from the Crucifixion, "is consistant" with a first century Roman nail.

And yes, it is a spearhead without a haft.

I think I'd model it as something powerful but subtle. For instance, one overall skill level, usable by LOTS of others simultaneously, effectively giving everyone in your army +1 to any roll they make.

That might not seem like much on the surface, but if EVERY soldier, sailor, and airman in your forces has a +1 to EVERY roll they make, it's going to add up and be a very significant advantage.

Yeah, I dig these kinda items too.

One of my old FH story arcs was foreshadowed/introduced when our heroes scored a magic sword from a long lost tomb.

It was deemed to look pretty cool, needed the runes translated, and wasn't all that terribly awesome a find from most of their points of view. IIRC, it was a Bastard sword with a couple extra OCV levels and an obvious PRE boost.

It was given to our norse warrior priestess, mostly because she was very heavy in PRE already, and frankly most of the other players already had pretty decent weapons.

over the next two years they gradually began to realize that the damn sword had some really vast effects, just REALLY subtle ones. More like PRE superskills than straight up whiz bang effects.

Eventually they got the runes decrypted and learned the sword was called Kingmaker.

It's been a while since I thought about it, but IIRC I had around +3 overall levels UBO with a RSR Oratory as one of the swords powers.

made a GINORMOUS difference during the Heroic Last Stand against the Massed Forces of Darkness

"The ability to destroy a tarrasque is insignificant next to the power of a truly massive PRE attack..." On HC, there's a character in one game that has, I kid you not, a 100 PRE. Doesn't matter if you outnumber him, he's so impressive that Darkseid, Dr. Doom, and Sauron would all sit down and behave if he frowned at 'em ... :P

Just think of it -- an average 70-point PRE attack. Average.