Storn Art from idea to Full Picture Year 6

death tribble

Re: Storn Art from idea to Full Picture Year 6

A character that is a small, living 3D Hologram that is projected from a futuristic smartphone/PMP like device. He rides the device like a surfboard, his feet never quite leaving the bounds of the screen.

The character would be a malfunctioning personal digital assistant from the future with access to technology so advanced that he essentially has super powers in this era.

Brings new meaning to "Surfing the Net" ;)

Ok DT, here's a different one for you:

Hellspawn: A teleporter wielding a trident that fires various blasts (cue Kirby Dots here). His costume is actually an armored hazard suit that has been modified to give the wearer a classic demon/devil appearance in poor lighting or from a distance. The hazard suit is necessary because of the harsh environment of the dimension that the character travels through as he teleports. The trident is a stylized blaster weapon to enhance the demonic/devil look. In good lighting it would be obvious that this is an armored costume though.

Random thoughts from idle dreams gone by....

Pisces

Member of a Zodiac-based villain team. A monstrous non-human fish-creature, Pisces looks like the primitive fish known as the coelacanth...well, like two coelacanths, actually.

The larger part of Pisces' body resembles a massive coelacanth about 6' long, with a perpetually gaping mouth. The smaller part looks like a smaller coelacanth (about 4') sticking out of the larger fish's mouth. Pisces can retract the smaller "fish-body" into the larger one until only its jaws protrude, or extend the smaller body out of the larger one until only the tail is still inside. The two "fish-bodies" are really just two body parts, and cannot separate completely.

Both of Pisces' "fish-bodies" are thick, bulky and malformed-looking. Their asymmetrical, ragged shapes appear half-finished. Both bodies have disturbingly sentient eyes (metallic gold in colour), mouths full of hooked teeth and the famous lobe-shaped fins. The scales are hexagonal and have an ugly, scabby appearance, peeling up/off in some places to reveal smooth tissue of an incredibly delicate periwinkle blue colour.

Pisces is an aquatic being and a world-cracking telepath and telekinetic. On land, it travels around inside a large sphere of ocean water that it maintains telekinetically. It communicates telepathically, and its thoughts are cold, dark and ravenous.

When something appeals to Pisces' bizarre sense of humour, it "laughs" by blowing bubbles from both mouths.

Sagittarius

Member of a Zodiac-based villain team, Sagittarius is a true tupilaq – a zombie-like undead creature made by stitching together parts of animal and human corpses and animating the entire assemblage. Despite her origins, she is sentient and free-willed -- but utterly vicious.

In this case, the torso of an athletic Black woman was grafted onto the front shoulders of a palomino pony, and secured with large X-shaped stitches in red twine. A second pair of arms – those of a white woman – were attached just below the torso’s original ones. Sagittarius’ lips have been sewn closed with more X-shapes stitches of red, and her white-skinned arms heavily tattooed with occult symbols.

There are some ragged patches of decayed/withered flesh apparent along the pony’s flanks and right hind leg, and the hoof on that leg is cracked and discoloured. There’s also a semi-circular patch of dead gray skin above Sagittarius’ right eye and down over her temple on that side. The hair on her head and tail is arranged in a multitude of tiny tight braids, with colourful beads and little silver charms from a charm bracelet worked through them.

Sagittarius – born Dyanna Durbin of Queens, New York – died in a drive-by shooting, and was “harvested” from the city morgue by a necromancer calling herself Marie Laveau. Laveau used Dyanna’s corpse to create a true tupilaq, an undead servant with the strength and speed of a horse and the dexterity of a human. However, after the animation process was complete, an enemy of Laveau’s managed to gain access to the newly-made tupilaq, and in his attempt to wrest control away from Laveau, he ended up “awakening” the tupilaq, freeing it from Laveau’s control and restoring Dyanna’s free will...though her body was beyond salvaging.

After the defeat of Laveau, Sagittarius claimed her books and grimoires. She is now a powerful self-taught necromancer, and finds that the dark magic suits her increasingly dark temperament. Trapped in a mute and twisted -- though physically powerful -- undead form, Sagittarius soothes and distracts herself with the pain and terror of others, particularly savouring the agony caused by her black and curséd arrows.

Scrapyard

Armor as a result of powers, not power armor. ;) Artist who did scrap-metal sculptures got caught in an accident involving a junkyard magnet and a lightning bolt while looking for parts, wound up with magnetic powers. Rather than run around in spandex and hope there was metal nearby, decided to bring a good bit with him to manipulate.

Suit is built from scrap parts, some significantly tooled, others just stuck on. Bottom layer is more finished and set, though is still inconsistent in regards to color and texture it is largely an interlocking set of armor. On top of that various bits and parts are hooked on or adhered magnetically - chains, a stop sign, pipes and metal tubing leading to cans full of ball bearings, etc. Gauntlets/forearms are oversized. Show one hand dangling from a chain leading to the forearm, for scale purposes the real flesh hand of the wearer is inside the oversized forearm but not visible. Boots oversized as well, have groove in bottom that could fit snugly on standard railway lines.

Grolm the All-Seeing

Extradimensional gorilla sorceror. Three eyes, set equidistant around head (one facing forward, might look like cyclops from straight-on), four arms (set 'normally' from torso), two legs. Purplish tinge to fur, mystic sigils inscribed upon chest, various pouches and doo-dads around waist and strapped to his various arms. Posed floating with legs in lotus position, arms performing some spell.

Monsterbuster Agent

Agent set to take on typical monsters and things that go bump in the night, like from a Bureau 13 or Vatican strike force. Festooned with gear and weapons like shotgun with various ammo types, body armor and goggles to see in the dark, wooden stakes, flask of holy water, torch, UV lamp, big cold iron knife/machette, crucifix/other holy symbols, garland of garlic, etc.

Angel of Music

Perhaps an aspect of Apollo, perhaps something else entirely; celestial standard appearance with musical notes and symbology templated over it.

Good looking guy with dark hair and pale skin. my ideas is a modernized "cosmic" style armor and weapons again within the theme.

AoM is a working title.

Manta Ray: She is a dimensional-traveller and a super powerful psionic. Of course she looks like an energy projecting manta ray. The underside of her body is glowing with energy. The upper side is dark. She can create dimensional doorways just in front of her. The drawback is that she is an aquatic creature. She has gills, so she can only travel to dimensions that have large bodies of water, saltwater preferably. On Earth she travels the oceans. Being very aware of the pollution of Earth's nature, she takes hostile approach and has send whole ships to other dimensions or controlled captains to sink their ships.

Inspired by a discussion on the "Genre Crossover Nightmares" thread in "Other Genres:"

Lightning Bear: A teddy bear with fierce electrical powers. Not a literal teddy bear, but something that looks something like one of the Care Bears. Cuteness, but with some serious electrical firepower behind it.

His motto: "Now it's time for some shock and awwww!"

(If this one is actually selected, I may just nominate you both -- DT and Storn -- for a mental health screening....)

A Twist on a member of the Fantastic Four:

Transparency, The Visible Woman.

Sandra Samuelson, A lab intern at Super Science Lab is caught in a trans-dimensional warp giving her control of electromagnetic energies (magnetic, electricity, and light) and giving her N-Ray vision always on (the world looks as if it is made of perfectly transparent material, she can see it but see through it as well) the side effect is, well, she appears to everyone else as a person would appear to her. You can see her skin, the muscle under the skin, the skeletal system, the nervous system, etc. Lucky the effect does not extend to clothing or other worn items but having her over for lunch is a little unnerving.

Nice to see a couple of my old ideas still in the queue. You had mentioned something about Monster as Hero, so I have an idea.

I've always liked the smart Hulk thing for the simple reason of the dichotomy of nature versus nurture in a sense. Then there's always the breaking of stereotype that's been done before, but having a monstrously powerful looking being depending mostly on intellect to win the day is a nice duality, I think. So in that regard, let me suggest a similar sort of image, with some elements to make it more original. I'm thinking of something more in earth tones, a large brutish fellow or perhaps lady with what looks to be large bone plates in angular array distributed about the body in protective locations similar to a sort of plated armor. Rather than being the broad and obviously protective plates, something that is more like artistic or even aesthetic arrangement as to make it also seem like jewelry. This figure might be sitting slouched sideways, book held low in one hand, with its eyes looking askance at it from behind a set of small glasses/visors that seem to have some technological enhancement. In its off-hand, held just above shoulder level, are formations of constructs being formed together as if manipulating an autocad type of model via hand manipulation. He/she would be wearing something simple and complicated simultaneously, a combination of form and function, in that heavy work pants and work boots combine with an integrated personal computer that is functionally distributed about the body to be able to have information easily accessible and manipulative in a more intuitive manner. A sly smile and raised eyebrows would probably complete it pretty well.

Just an idea. I realize I have crackpot ones often, so feel free to ignore. =)

Wanted to post a couple of suggestions before the big vote these are drawn from ideas I’m slowly working on for my UK hero project.

The ambassador

A Victorian diplomat exiled for being too good at his job and then kidnapped by alien scientist to prevent him contaminating their experiments on a remote island dumped at a natural trading station light years from home he manages to parlay his extraordinary negating skills and talent for diplomacy becoming her Britannic majesties ambassador to the universe now established in his embassy ship with a ragged crew of refugees and political outcasts from many worlds he defends the earth one treaty at a time.

The ambassador dresses as a Victorian gentleman should but his clothing has been fabricated from strange materials and technologies on alien worlds so while the style is familiar it looks strangely off

He is equipped with a verity of devices given as gifts by grateful ambassadors so each items has a different artistic technological and even biological style.

Tattoo

Isabel Neris Kirkbride, history student and antiquarian book binder by day, super powered defender of Edinburgh by night. Following the tragic night where her godfather the university libraries chief of preservation was murder by DEMON and the sentient grimoire the book of shadows took residence on her skin. Isabel has access to the many spells contained in the book mainly those pertaining to shadowmancy but others too plus the books gift of prophesy though this is somewhat vague as the visions are shown to Isabel as seemingly random words and images forming moving tattoos on her skin. Whenever she uses any of the powers of the book of shadows the spell unwinds across her skin covering her with twisting mystical tattoos she wears a very simple outfit black trousers with a short sleeved black top she does not wear a mask but her eyes are disguised by a complex tattoo pattern and every inch of exposed skin on her upper body writhes with complex symbols

Godiva the Go Go diva former Go Go dancer turned super heroine a Pocket brick with light absorption based powers the stronger the light and the more skins he shows the stronger she gets.

Think swinging sixties sex kitten tiny white outfits with black detail Go Go boots blond hair and glowing skin lifting a mini over her head.

Cold stream

A sergeant of the cold stream guards who protect Buckingham palace. Whilst serving in the gulf he was exposed to a dangerous mutagenic chemical weapon. Causing him to develop cold/ice based super powers he still wears the cold stream guard uniform though it is now made of materials that will both resist his powers and offer more protection than the standard version.

The striking red dress uniform of the cold stream guard his arms covered in frost as he fires of an ice blast bearskin hat optional

The payment has been made and a selection made.

What has been chosen will be seen when the artwork comes out.

I will say there will be at least one more piece of work chosen from this bunch and paid for this year.

Gaaaaaah! The suspense, the suspense!!! ;)

Suspense over.

This is the result

Storn said

'And this was from Death Tribble's "what should storn draw next" thread over on Hero games. I've always had a soft spot for Adam Strange (who is such an ode to Buck Rogers)... and a chance to do Captain Gorilla of the Star Patrol was waay too much fun to do.'

CapGorilla72.jpg

Storn was sent a batch and latched onto this one to do.

As a result of my idea winning for the first time in six years I will be commissioning at least two of the other ideas which are from other people during the rest of the year.

So stay tuned those of you who are disappointed your idea did not get picked.

Well' date=' I guess I can still hold out hope for Changeling or Speed Bump. :D[/quote']

The latter was another one that Storn liked the idea of. So stay tuned later in the year.
Very cool! If it's in by Labor Day' date=' I may get around the spot I'll be in for lacking an illo of Mr. Gigglepuss and his sidekick Long Fang in that issue of [i']Haymaker![/i] (assuming I don't work out a way to get Poison to draw that after all).