Cost of Levels

ajackson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cost of Levels

Which levels can be applied to a Dive For Cover attempt now?

(In 5th it was just those with DEX, Movement & Overall)

Same in 6E, except that I'm not sure whether we have Movement Skill Levels any more. Bummer if not. Maybe I'll do some searching. Note particularly that by default Skill Levels with Agility Skills do not work for DFC. It is an actual Dex roll, not an Agility Skill. There's a note that GMs could change things to consider DFC an Agility skill if they think it appropriate though.

Top left of 6E2/C&A p. 87.

Hmm. Change Environment may have taken the place of Negative (Combat) Skill Levels.

CE can negatively affect Skill or Characteristic rolls, but generally not Attack Rolls (except Range Modifiers). However, CV can (in 6e) be targeted directly with Adjustment Powers.

• 2 weeks later...

Non-Combat Penalty Skill Levels existed in 5E' date=' but I can't locate any discussion of them in 6E. In 6E, are they supposed to be constructed as Skill Levels with Limitations on them? Are they mentioned anywhere in the text of either book?[/quote']

If I recall correctly, they were technically not allowed in 5E but the text didn't clearly forbid them. This was clarified in The Valdorian Age, which introduced them as an optional rule. Also, might have been discussed in The Ultimate Skill, but i don't remember.

If I recall correctly' date=' they were technically not allowed in 5E but the text didn't clearly forbid them. This was clarified in The Valdorian Age, which introduced them as an optional rule. Also, might have been discussed in The Ultimate Skill, but i don't remember.[/quote']

Ah, then maybe they will be introduced in the Advanced Players Guide.