Ultimate Pulp Cover

Lysando

Folks, as I was reading the Basic Rulebook, I stumbled upon what might be the ultimate pulp cover. It's on pg. 129 in black and white. Let's run it through the checklist:

1. Zeppelins. check

2. Zeppelins on fire, falling to a fiery death. check

3. WW2 fighter planes fighting. check

3. WW2 fighter planes on fire, falling to a fiery death. check

4. Cats, with rocket jetpacks. check and check

5. Nazis, with gasmasks. check and check

6. Apeman wearing vest and pocket watch standing on the top of a zeppelin shooting at Nazis. check and check and check and check

7. Woman setting dynamite charges on top of zeppelin. check

Then, imagine my joy when I discovered a FULL COLOR version of this in 6E2, on page 213.

If any of the HERO Powers That Be are reading this...this would make an excellent poster. :-)

Re: Ultimate Pulp Cover

all 6ed books are goig to have the same coveri think theHEROsymbol on a blue background i wonder why that is

From what I understand, the Blue and Gold covers with a Hexman variation are going to be used for many (or all) of the core library (and similar books) while more genre-specific books will have covers with genre-related art.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah.....One built her Whole PC around that picture. You should consider a Kazei 5 Pulp there Michael. I know a few folks that would be willing to play heh........

Oh, the other PC took the Pterodactyle to. It is of course, (the dino) piloted by an Ape.

~Rex

Oh! You mean Girl Genius. It even has Replicated Humans!

Hmmm.......Very true, slightly more victorian then what I had in mind and then the creators were also leaning towards GURPS as a system.

Even my pulp hating players are intrigued by a combination of that Plane and the Pulp print with the Rocket Cats .......Always good to have cats in rocket packs.

~Rex

Hmmm.......Very true, slightly more victorian then what I had in mind and then the creators were also leaning towards GURPS as a system.

Even my pulp hating players are intrigued by a combination of that Plane and the Pulp print with the Rocket Cats .......Always good to have cats in rocket packs.

~Rex

GURPS, shmurps... once the book is out (err... if it ever does come out), converting to HERO shouldn't that big of an issue.

Yeah but that means buying a gurps product, which I haven't done since Gurps Horseclans back in the day of: "We are Steve Jackson of Borg. Existence, as you know it, is over. We will add your Setting Product distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile, prepare to be Assimilated."

~Rex

*shrug* I bought something like $600 worth of GURPS book at GenCon and only paid $30 due to the 3/$10.00 sale and the fact a shrink-wrapped bundle counted as 1 item. The research in the average GURPS book is often quite good, even if the mechanics are, well, GURPS.