Company cleared to sell jetpacks to comuters in New Zealand.

Escafarc

Re: Company cleared to sell jetpacks to comuters in New Zealand.

I actually seriously considered getting one of these for about five minutes, until I realized it has the same problems that motorcycles do, which are 1) rain and 2) death. Also, I'm not in New Zealand, and I don't have $100k lying around.

With mentions of the FAA and regulations in the US, I'm pretty sure one could have one shipped to this country and use it.

Still, besides the cost, I'd be concerned about the noise level. (That wouldn't be much of a problem in transit, since I could wear ear protections, but the neighbors might complain about the takeoffs and landings.)

I couldn't fly one to work anyway. It's a no fly zone because... it's a prison. Not to mention about half of NE Colorado is no fly for personal aircraft anyway, owing to our high number of missile silos. The Air Force takes their airspace very personally.

With mentions of the FAA and regulations in the US, I'm pretty sure one could have one shipped to this country and use it.

Still, besides the cost, I'd be concerned about the noise level. (That wouldn't be much of a problem in transit, since I could wear ear protections, but the neighbors might complain about the takeoffs and landings.)

More importantly, just because it's classified as an ultralight does not give you the right to land it in on the sidewalk in front of your downtown office.

More importantly' date=' just because it's classified as an ultralight does not give you the right to land it in on the sidewalk in front of your downtown office.[/quote']

Yeah! One of the big things here in FL is regulation against flying ultralights over large gatherings (i.e. stadiums and theme parks) without prior permission. I know one of the local clubs got a warning for flying over the park I use to work at.

More importantly' date=' just because it's classified as an ultralight does not give you the right to land it in on the sidewalk in front of your downtown office.[/quote']I was referring to the neighbors at both destinations. (And the sidewalk wouldn't be a good landing zone; the roof or a parking lot would be much more practical in several respects.)

Maybe someone will develop an ion-based unit that runs quietly.

I was referring to the neighbors at both destinations. (And the sidewalk wouldn't be a good landing zone; the roof or a parking lot would be much more practical in several respects.)

But still probably illegal, which was the point of my post.

Laidon what an astute observation.

280 pound load, 175 lb infantry man (cloths basics), 40 lbs armor ect, 215, 20 bls M16 and ammo nades,235, 10 lbs for stuff (law or claymores ect) 245, 10 bls for company stuff (mortar rd or orther platoon stuff) 255, 8 lbs for food water, 263, 1 lb for the Infantry man excuse me the moble infantry (Dragoons yes that it bring back the first US Dragoons) 264, and 16 lbs for more gas to give you a range of 43 miles.

It comes with a parachute so 300ft mim prob rocket deployed (or soon will be)

I wonder what it alt max is and how dose it handle heat. Here in El Paso the airport is 4100 feet and at 105 degrees a lot of small planes cannot take off.

Now make a few drones and you lanch from a truck and that be cool, yep Dragoons

Now with a fit cop say a 200 lbs load so that is 80 for more fuel, 10 gallons, that is a range of 93 miles, sky patrol.

thoughts

Lord Ghee