Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

RexMundi

Re: Conan: The Current Movie in Progress.....

I agree completely with you about the way they made Yag-Kosha look. He's my favorite Conan character and I still haven't seen a picture of him that I thought did him justice. Speaking of Yag-Kosha' date=' I've been meaning to mention ask who everybody thinks should play him in a movie. Considering how good he was as Darkness in [i']Legend[/i], I could honestly see Tim Curry playing the part. But if I was going to pick someone based on their voice, I'd probably go with Peter David or Richard Basehart.

You do realize that Richard Basehart died in 1984, don't you?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that Richard Basehart died in 1984' date=' don't you?[/quote']

Noooooooooooo!!! Say it ain't so! :P

Rex asked how we would cast the "perfect" Conan movie so I'm going with who I think would be perfect in the roles, regardless of whether they're dead or alive.

hmmm...too bad, I can't get the video to play. I allowed IO9, but refuse to turn on all the other data mining sites and can't tell which of the 11 sites active there is actually hosting the video.

Oh well.

hmmm...too bad, I can't get the video to play. I allowed IO9, but refuse to turn on all the other data mining sites and can't tell which of the 11 sites active there is actually hosting the video.

Oh well.

Really? Nobody's going to make a casting suggestion for Yag-Kosha?

"Oh, Yag-Kosha, is there no end to agony?"

Sorry, Burrito Boy, but life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is trying to sell you something.

I bet things would have been different if I'd asked who people think should play Atali. :rolleyes:

*Steps behind a wall so as to avoid the stampede of guys rushing to make suggestions.*

Danneel Harris

62_danneel_harris_3005.jpg

Really? Nobody's going to make a casting suggestion for Yag-Kosha?

"Oh, Yag-Kosha, is there no end to agony?"

Ian MacKellan, with Lots of Makeup.

As for Atali, I've ALWAYS been partial to the Stephen Fabian Drawing with her on it from the Godds of the North circa the mid 70's......It shows Nekid Chestie Laroue stuff so I won't post it here. The Model though was Cyndi Wood, Playmate of the Year for, hmm....'74 or '74 .....Back in the days of good looking women really, heh. If folks want the link drop me a message and I'll toss it out to you. So find me an actress That looks as good as Cyndi Wood from back in the day with that much meat on her bones and I'll second the casting. Could do it with Scarlett Johannson I suppose....

~Rex

So.....movie update stuff seems appropriate......

More Pictures here on this link: http://moremomoa.yolasite.com/conan-photos.php This Conan is apparently going to have some Body Hair as well, heh, so the truists will be appeased. Actually, I like the looks of those pic's a lot even ifthe flick is still being filmed in Bulgaria.

Another Link for the movie Blog of course: http://www.conanmovieblog.com/

At least with Stephen Lang as the bad guy, I know I'm going to get a good villain. he was the only thing that made Avatar tolerable for me to finish watching. I'm starting to think now this flick will at least be entertaining which is more then what I can say for the last batch of equal genre fare in the last 8 years or so.

~Rex

We'll see. Like I said earlier' date=' it is really easy to do fantasy badly. I have yet to see a fantasy film that didn't have significant flaws.[/quote']

Brotherhood of the Wolf was pretty good all around... as was The 13th Warrior.

Stephen Lang as the bad guy? I'm going. I don't care if the rest of the movie is a giant lead toid (which it doesn't look like it will be) I'm going, just for Momoa (who looks a damn sight more like Conan than AS ever did) and Lang.