Tales of the Gold Monkey finally coming to official DVD release

Ternaugh

I remember that there's quite a few of us with fond memories of this short-lived series, which is finally coming to home video with lots of extras. The official DVD release of Tales of the Gold Monkey will be June 8. It's available in Region 1 (NTSC), as well as Region 2/4 (PAL) for folks in the UK, Australia, and NZ. More info here:

http://www.goldmonkey.com/

JoeG

Re: Tales of the Gold Monkey finally coming to official DVD release

There is a fan-site that sold a bunch of fan-produced DVDs, including some with exclusive interview footage fans conducted with the stars when they met them at Cons. It grew from a trading site, where people traded their VHS episodes, and gradually expanded until they offered DVDs of a variety of shows I don't expect to see official releases for -- Voyagers!, Otherworld, Veritas: The Quest, and so on.

There is a fan-site that sold a bunch of fan-produced DVDs' date=' including some with exclusive interview footage fans conducted with the stars when they met them at Cons. It grew from a trading site, where people traded their VHS episodes, and gradually expanded until they offered DVDs of a variety of shows I don't expect to see official releases for -- Voyagers!, Otherworld, Veritas: The Quest, and so on.

The link at the top is to the same site I linked to, however, they're not the source of the new DVD set. It's put out by Fabulous Films and Shout! Factory. Here's the Amazon link for it: http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Gold-Monkey-Stephen-Collins/dp/B00005JOJP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275201340&sr=1-1

Additionally, you may want to take a look for Voyagers!, which was released on DVD by Universal on July 17, 2007 for Region 1. http://www.amazon.com/Voyagers-Complete-Meeno-Peluce/dp/B000PFUAN2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275201272&sr=8-1

JoeG

Yeah, I know about the official Voyagers! release. However, looking at the catalog, I think it's safe to say most of the shows they support won't see official DVDs for a while, if ever. :)

Mind you, I, er, "enjoyed" what I saw of shows like Automan or Future Cop, but not enough to buy DVDs, even if they're cheap. :D

Sweet! I've been wanting to watch this since people recommended it to me while I was writing Pulp Hero, but I wasn't willing to buy pirated copies. Into the Netflix queue it goes, right behind Breaking Bad s. 2 and Rescue Me s. 5.2. ;)

Sweet! I've been wanting to watch this since people recommended it to me while I was writing Pulp Hero' date='[/b'] but I wasn't willing to buy pirated copies. Into the Netflix queue it goes, right behind Breaking Bad s. 2 and Rescue Me s. 5.2. ;)

thanks for the idea

OPening credits on YouTube:

This looks good. It reminds me of Brisco County just from watching the opening credits.

It also has an "A-Team" feel.

(And of course Indiana Jones.)

Wizards & Warriors was one of the things I picked up on the hobbyist market. Let's just say my memory of the show is somewhat better than the original. :o Still highly enjoyable!

• 3 weeks later...

There was a martial arts series called Raven in the early 90s. It co-starred Lee Majors' date=' who played the sidekick.[/quote']thanks tdkguy i'll take it from here

commander jonathan raven USN retire dwas trained by a ninja clanbefore joining the navy following his discharge he moved to hawiai to searh for the sonhe'd learned he'd had

Do not remember this series, but will probably watch it via Netflicks. As for some of the others mentioned, I remember wizards and warriors, and I know my love of it as a child will not have remained as an adult...

There was a martial arts series called Raven in the early 90s. It co-starred Lee Majors' date=' who played the sidekick.[/quote']

thanks tdkguy i'll take it from here

commander jonathan raven USN retire dwas trained by a ninja clanbefore joining the navy following his discharge he moved to hawiai to searh for the sonhe'd learned he'd had

Thanks. I missed a lot of shows in the 80-90's. This apparently is another one....