Looking for help with a Hero name

Deadborder

...becuse I suck with names, I'm stuck on trying to find the name for a superhero concept I'm putting together for a game.

The premise is that the chracter is actually the lovechild of two supervillains; she's more then a little embarrased about her past and, as such, is trying to be a superhero (And the parents dissprove of her "lifestyle choice", but hey, cheap laughs!). They have an array of generic fire powers (shoot flames, fire flight, set thigns on fire etc) but with the twist that it's all green fire. (Becuse green fire is an "obviously evil" power)

Problem is that I have all this but no actual name to go with it. Best I've been able to come up with is "Jade Flame" which, while nice, is also a little generic. So suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Looking for help with a Hero name

If her parents have similar powers, and she doesn't want to be associated with them, I think she would choose a hero identity that draws attention away from her powers. She could still use the concepts of "green" or "fire" in creating her identity, but she'd probably want to avoid using both together.

Many of the best character concepts are defined around the person's psychology, more than his or her powers. Batman and Captain America are perfect examples: their abilities have nothing to do with bats or America. Their identities are more symbolic, meant to frighten criminals or inspire the masses. (There are plenty of counter examples of course, like Spider-Man or Plastic Man.)

So, if you have an idea for her costume or other interests she might have, I'd try to base her identity around that. Maybe, among other things, she's an amateur astronomer: she could call herself something based on comets, meteors, pulsars, etc. Something like "Corona" implies flames (but also crowns) without being as explicit as "flame" or "fire."

You can also work the "flame" or "green" elements into the identity, just as long as that isn't her entire concept. If you're going with the amateur astronomer idea, maybe something like "Greenstreak" (like the trail of a green meteor, but also implying that she might be the envious or jealous type).

Maybe she's a budding biochemist: she might know that the enzyme that creates the green glow of fireflies is called luciferase and derive a name from that. Or even just use "Firefly."

Her age matters too. Is she the adult child of these supervillains, or is she still a teenager? Is she trying to sound more grown-up than she is (so she might add "Woman" on to her name instead of "Girl,"), or is she happy being a teen (in which case, she might have a slangy or trendy aspect to her name)? Is she pretentious ("Meteora," Madame Meteor," "Comet Queen") or light-hearted ("Burnout," "Firefox," "Hot Chick")?

Think about what she's like and what she's interested in, and you'll probably have more names than you can use.

I think Uncle Shecky makes a good point in saying she should choose an identity that draws attention away from her powers. I would take it a step further and have her choose a name that obviously sounds heroic--i.e. something with "Justice" or "Liberty" or "Freedom" or other such terms in the name.

A few examples:

Justice Girl (or Woman, if she prefers)

Ms. Justice

Lady Liberty

Lady Freedom

Ms. Freedom

Then there are the most famous superheroic adjectives--

Amazing Woman

Fantastic Woman

Fantasti-Girl

Ms. Incredible

Ms. Invincible

Ms. Sensational

Mighty Woman (or Girl, if she prefers)

Then there are some traditional standbys, such as--

Crusader

Avenger

Paladin

Champion

Angel

She could stick the word "Green" in front of each, but that could be construed by others to make her an enviromental hero--which could be an interesting theme for the character to follow.

I wouldn't make her costume green either, unless you're actually going to call her "Green _____" or "Jade _____ ." Choose something complimentary with green--gold works well; just ask any Packers fan. As does silver--just ask any Eagles fan.

Hope that helps.

Go Girl!

(Because her mom is obviously Shego...yeah...)

Harmony

(Because I just want everyone to get along...)

Absinthe

(I'm the Green Fairy!)

Midori

(Could she be Japanese? Or part? Then that's Japanese for "green")

Tenshi no Midori)

(Green Angel)

Verda Stelo

(Green Star in Esperanto, also the name of the flag of Esperanto. I don't know why Esperanto needed a flag, but if she wears it, people will talk to her. In Esperanto)

Jubilea

(Esperanto for "Jubilee", the alternate symbol for Esperanto.)

Hope

(As in I hope I leave my parents behind.)

Limelight

It is a play on both green (lime) and fire (light).

Also, being in the limelight references someone being famous or seeking attention. This could be a play on her desire to be a hero or perhaps her parents have teased her in the past about "always wanting to be in the limelight".

It's pretty nice... unfortnately' date=' the campaign's allready got another fire user called [b']Firefox[/b], so it'd seem a little copy/redundant-ish. Besides, he's a tool.

That could be a plot point. Similar names & powers = instant rivalry with another character. (Unless the player himself is the tool...)