Where are all the write-ups of published (Marvel, DC, whatever) comic characters?

JQP

Re: Where are all the write-ups of published (Marvel, DC, whatever) comic characters?

Several

depending on how current you want though

Try searching the threads for the name of the hero youwant. I have a bunch of monster write ups in 5th Ed in my sig

or surbrook's stuff is a good repository

Great net Book of Real heroes is an old old one

Re: Where are all the write-ups of published (Marvel, DC, whatever) comic characters?

It would be kinda cool if there was a "Roll Call" board like they have on the Mutants and Masterminds message boards. Even though I don't play in or run pregenerated settings, it is really interesting to read other peoples' take on comic book characters (or fantasy or whatever).

You might do better doing a search for a few specific characters (for cases like Thor, Captain America, Colossus, etc..).

See the links in my signature below for some Justice League goodness. :D

More than a few of us have been converting published characters for a number of years. If you are unable to find a specific character I am sure that if you ask here on the boards you'll have a dozen intrepitations by the end of the week.

Meanwhile, as far as 5th Edition versions go of Marvel's X-men:

http://x-men.the-wild-hunt.org/

Granted, they are very powerful and 15 years out of date but I tend to pack as much of a character's published skills/powers as I can into a design with no regard for points and that is my preferred Marvel time frame.

I'm willing to host any and all write-ups of published characters of any stripe. And seeing as I'm back to updating the site, you'll start seeing more and more material over the next few months.

Need another "Project" like Matt's old Champ's stuff......Still, since "The Great Susano!" is going to be kind enough to host, we can just bury his email box with write ups. :D Works to since I just found the box with all my OHOTMU's and previous 3rd-5th edition write ups.....time for some 6e Methinks.

~Rex....it's easy when you got the books.

Heh, well one thing being laid off gets you is plenty of free time to scribble. Starting with the First Deluxe OHOTMU, about 6 characters in now. Shame the DC Who's Who stuff was always a piece of generalist crap that made things difficult to scale.....Even Marvel went that direction with later OHOTMU stuff....

~Rex

Heh, well one thing being laid off gets you is plenty of free time to scribble. Starting with the First Deluxe OHOTMU, about 6 characters in now. Shame the DC Who's Who stuff was always a piece of generalist crap that made things difficult to scale.....Even Marvel went that direction with later OHOTMU stuff....

~Rex

Because the writer's complained. Readers apparently expected the writers to use those stats as honest guidelines for the characters.