Past and Future collide

quozaxx

You investigate an appearance of a brontosaurus roaming the local park, only to realize that the entire park had been transformed into a prehistoric era.

After containing the dinosaurs so they don't hurt any innocent bystanders. You head back to base (if you have one) only to discover it had been transformed into the days when it was still under construction. It only has the frame erected. You ask one of the workers what happened to the base only to discover that he believes that it is a different year (matching the time frame of the construction).

Note: If you don't have a base, any local skyscraper or well known building will do.

This means that anything (tomes, magic books, vehicles, gadgets, etc) that were in your base are GONE! They don't exist yet. When you seek out the local PRIMUS/UNTIL/Police dept. It's is very high tech. Using technology that probably wont even be considered for another 20 or more years. If you know a very young NPC, she/he/it greets you looking 25 years older than they should. They are working for that dept "now".

That NPC tells you that future and past events are colliding. New York City (or other major City if located in New York) is a Post-apocalyptic wasteland, The entire state of Texas believes it is in the 1850s. A large portion of China thinks it in the 5th Dynasty. A portion of Germany is filled with Nazis. and so on.

Communication is flawed because the time events are messing up radio and other communication waves. So tracking down the source will be difficult. Plus there are areas where magic doesn't even work. Null spots they call them.

No demands have been made, no one has claimed responsibility, and their is no guarantee that your normal contacts will even BE there to contact.

WWYCD?

Re: Past and Future collide

Quantum - Would try to contact the government to see what information they have on the phenomenon. Is it confined to the Earth, or is it also happening through the known galaxy? If Quantum has any luck with the government, try to track when the disturbances began and is there a pattern? Take advantage of the high tech from the police/Primus group to try to track down the source of the phenomenon. Talk to Dr. Silverback if he is an option. Assemble whatever heroes and/or villains he could to try to stop the phenomenon.

Stone - um...this for people smarter than me. Tell me what needs to be broken and I'll handle that.

Spectre - not my problem

Vitus : Use the records at the future PRIMUS to figure out where Scorpia of Eurostar is now, or was then, go there, and kill her with extreme prejudice. **** paradox.

Void : Incapacitated with a migraine, probably.

Rumbaba : Wrong genre, but that's pretty much happening at the moment anyway.

Brother Polonius : Terror at this clear incursion of Chaos into reality. Go find some heretics and encourage the locals to burn them in a suitably festive way.

Volt - investigate as best he can and deal with any problems as best he can. It's a bit beyond his abilities.

Olorin - "Not again. First, find the origin point. Next, close it. Then send everything back where it belongs. Shoot, where are the gods when I need them? The third thing is a bit beyond me." Yep, he can do the first two as long as he stays out of the magic dead areas. The third - unless shutting down the origin point fixes it, it is beyond his ability.

Black Tiger "Great. #$*%@" then do what Volt does.

Leadman - "Oh wonderful. We are all doomed." then act like Volt.

Futurian "Hey, don't look at me, I didn't do it. .... At least not on purpose..... Oh, all right, my just being here might have caused this. I have no idea how to fix this, just like I have no idea on how to go back home. .... OOOO a T-rex! .... Wow, an antique - a personal force field thats visible!" He'd probably be way too distracted by the chaos to do anything. Which really is beyond him unless his being in the present caused it - or his attempts to go back home caused it.

Black Falcon would be lost at first, latter heading to a university to find smart physics people. Failing that, she would head back to PRIMUS to see if they knew what to do. If nothing panned out, she would head to the warf district and try beating information outa crooks (even if it didn't help, she always feels better after dishing out a good beating).

Psidestep would actively seek to help. He would likely stay at Primus, recognizing the value of advanced technology.

For the LOST ONES, this is their greatest wish and at the same time could be their worst nightmare. The anamolies occuring might open a route home to the 31st century if they are close enough to it. On the other hand, this might be a very cruel joke by the Time Bandits and their powerful leader the Clock. But the Clock has not demonstrated this much power before. They must investigate to find out one or another that this is indeed the way home. If not, try and stop it and make things right again, even if it means being stranded again in the 21st century.

Super Model and Earth Girl would both work on rescuing bystanders from time-lost dangers and so forth. Neither has the education or skill set to do anything beyond reacting to symptoms as they occur.

Kurzhaan the Conqueror doesn't know much about time travel (he hasn't figured out how to return to his own era, should he decide he wants to), but he might be able to make inquiries with higher-dimensional beings that could shed some light on what's happening. Failing that, he would provide high powered back-up if anyone more technically adept figures out what's going on and who to point him at to make it stop.

Young Scratch would have less difficulty adapting than most, since he's used to a place that's pretty chaotic and filled with people from all the historical times stretching backward to humanity's dawn. But he wouldn't have any particular insight into how to correct the colliding eras. Best he could do is help motivate the responsible parties (assuming the cause is something done by human/mortal agencies) to undo their handiwork once they are discovered.

Iron Will asked to be taken to the available high-tech. Integrating the "futuristic" tech into his systems he may be able to boost their equipment enough to locate the source of the disruption.

Cheeta and Snow Leopard: First responders. Rescue bystanders and put out what fires they can.

Millennium and Dolphin look at each other. "Post-apoc?" "Post-apoc. Find out what went wrong, inspire them to salvage what they can."