• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SORCEROR SEEKING ONE-OF-A-KIND GOLD RING

I am currently searching for a unique golden Ring forged in the

heart of an active volcano. The Ring is, for the most part, rath-

er unremarkable in appearance unless it is placed in fire, at

which time letters in an exotic script will appear.

Should anyone viewing this know where the Ring may be found,

or know of someone who does, please contact the following

address:

sarumanthewhite@isengard.com

One of my nine representatives will respond to any report made

to this address (or perhaps all of them -- they are extremely

dedicated to the performance of this duty).

• 2 months later...

From the ARGENT public relations Dept

For Sale

North Pole operation

Recently, a rival for our own high tech production program had to be eliminated, he and his little pointy earred friends. ARGENT is now in possession of a fully servicable factory that is a bit too...eccentric for our tastes.

We are therefore purusing outside bids for the property among criminal kind. It seems to be cloaked from grown up eyes (We had to use special gear) and very remote, so secrecy from authorities is almost assured.

Make your bid now, and we throw in 50 lbs of Venison with anti gravity properties...

Re: From the ARGENT public relations Dept

Originally posted by Hermit

For Sale

North Pole operation

Recently, a rival for our own high tech production program had to be eliminated, he and his little pointy earred friends. ARGENT is now in possession of a fully servicable factory that is a bit too...eccentric for our tastes.

We are therefore purusing outside bids for the property among criminal kind. It seems to be cloaked from grown up eyes (We had to use special gear) and very remote, so secrecy from authorities is almost assured.

Make your bid now, and we throw in 50 lbs of Venison with anti gravity properties...

Well, folks, if this country should suddenly experience a major

coal shortage inside of the next few years, at least we'll know

where it's going and who to blame for it...

Space Cadet :D

Re: From the ARGENT public relations Dept

Originally posted by Hermit

For Sale

North Pole operation

That can't be right! KISS saved Santa!

A BOOK ABOUT YOU!

For the discerning buyer: a book customized about YOU! For a modest fee, Foresight Enterprises will compile a volume detailing YOUR future history! Learn about your victorys! Find out how to avoid your yet-to-come failures! Find out what not to say on film that's going to air on the six o'clock news!

As a special bonus, the winning lottery numbers for the future week of your choice will be included in a handy pull-out section inside the back cover!

PLUS! When you order, we'll also throw in an only-used-once Time Machine that will now only go into an alternate future timeline!

Don't Wait! Order Now! Operators Are Standing By!

Call 1-800-ABOUT-ME!!

Dear Concerned Customer:

All the information is fully accurate and complete, and from the future, up until the point that your possession of the information alters your behavior and thus your future. Foresight Enterprises cannot and does not make any claims or guarantees regarding the length of time the information will remain pertinent due to our inability to govern how you will use the information.

The time machine may be used for as many trips as you like; the future it reaches, though, will be the future that contains the information/events recorded in the Book About You in your possession, as the time machine in question is the very machine used in gathering the information for the book.

Thank you,

Foresight Enterprises Customer Service

Re: Re: Re: From the ARGENT public relations Dept

Originally posted by Twilight

Yes they did and the big guy is planning revenge for the loss of Prancer and Vixen's family, let me tell you! You don't piss off da Claus and go to bed happy!

You got that right! The guys here in the Academy's Signals Intell-

igence class were just talking about some signals they'd picked

up from the North Pole -- something about getting some heavy-

duty firepower for something called the T-800, whatever that is...

Re: Re: Re: Re: From the ARGENT public relations Dept

Originally posted by Space Cadet

You got that right! The guys here in the Academy's Signals Intell-

igence class were just talking about some signals they'd picked

up from the North Pole -- something about getting some heavy-

duty firepower for something called the T-800, whatever that is...

Indeedy, and just you ask a few folks around middle Europe [particularly the Germanic areas] about Knecht Ruppret or Black Peter sometime. The Claus' have friends you just don't wanna mess with, and that's before you consider the fact that he's also a Catholic Saint. Methinks ARGENT bit off a WEE bit more then they could chew here.

Originally posted by Southern Cross

And let's not forget the fact that Santa is usually regarded as a "good guy".If Santa Claus showed up at a superhero team's secret base and told them what happened ,I can just see them getting ready to kick some ARGENT butt!!!

Not only that but as a Catholic Saint, and the patron saint of Greece and Russia, all Santa has to do is prove that he's real and is St. Nicholas and he's got military support from damn near every Catholic country I'd imagine. When you think about it the amount of influence Santa could bring to bear in this sort of situation is almost scary. He wouldn't NEED to ask personally. After all, as a Saint, his Holiness the Pope is technically Santa's follower.

Would YOUR superteam hesitate if the Pope contacted them and asked them to help Santa out of a jam?

Not only that but as a Catholic Saint, and the patron saint of Greece and Russia, all Santa has to do is prove that he's real and is St. Nicholas and he's got military support from damn near every Catholic country I'd imagine. When you think about it the amount of influence Santa could bring to bear in this sort of situation is almost scary. He wouldn't NEED to ask personally. After all, as a Saint, his Holiness the Pope is technically Santa's follower.

Would YOUR superteam hesitate if the Pope contacted them and asked them to help Santa out of a jam?

Probably yes.

But if they were inundated with millions of letters from children around the world, walking down the street looking into their faces, then they probably would. There's more kids that believe in him than just Christians (especially since most adults wouldn't buy it, especially in a world where anyone can fly and sneak into houses.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been busted by well-meaning supers going after that "bad guy dressed in the Santa suit".

edit - how would he prove that he's more than a super-powered psycho?

Originally posted by badger3k

Probably yes.

But if they were inundated with millions of letters from children around the world, walking down the street looking into their faces, then they probably would. There's more kids that believe in him than just Christians (especially since most adults wouldn't buy it, especially in a world where anyone can fly and sneak into houses.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if he's been busted by well-meaning supers going after that "bad guy dressed in the Santa suit".

edit - how would he prove that he's more than a super-powered psycho?

Quite easily I'd imagine. He can prove himself to be Santa simply by landing his sleigh with the flying reindeer anyplace in the world. A simple telepathic scan would prove that he is indeed the real Santa, especially since he's not committed any crimes. Actually, those well meaning heroes you mentioned would likely already know about him, if he exsisted in a superhero world. Night patrols on Christmas Eve and all that.

Similarly, I highly doubt that an actual Catholic saint will have trouble convincing Catholics of his legitimancy. A couple miracles here and there would do it. Not all heroes can do stuff like heal critically ill patients and what not. Back in his heyday Santa's brought people back from the dead.

Hardly difficult at all for him to prove he's who he says he is.

How about when millions of children send letters and crowd hero headquarters with teary faces asking the heroes why they won't help out Santa?

See that would get them to do something. I'm pretty sure Ice Pirate would do something for the kids, I'm also pretty sure the Vatican wouldn't ask her in the first place.

Santa

Lets not forget that the Claus-mister was originally Wodan, head of the Norse Gods before the Catholic Church 'appropriated' him. So he's got 2 religions whose big guns are willing to do him a favour.

"I am the Archangel Micheal. I have come to take back the house and workshop stolen from Saint Nicholas, patron saint of children (among other things)"

"GREETINGS MICHAEL I AM THOR. GOD OF WAR AND THUNDER COME TO TAKE BACK THE HOUSE OF MY FATHER, WODAN"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: From the ARGENT public relations Dept

Indeedy, and just you ask a few folks around middle Europe [particularly the Germanic areas] about Knecht Ruppret or Black Peter sometime. The Claus' have friends you just don't wanna mess with, and that's before you consider the fact that he's also a Catholic Saint. Methinks ARGENT bit off a WEE bit more then they could chew here.

Just got through doing some 'Net crawling to find out just who

it was that Twilight was talking about in his post, and after

getting the lowdown on Knecht Ruppert/Black Peter, all I can

say is this: with a "friend" like this, the Claus-man certainly

has no need for any enemies, supervillains or not.

Space Cadet :eek: