Total Characteristics Cost: 160 Points

Cost Skills

3 Absolute Time Sense

3 SS[iNT]: Physics 13-

Total Skills Cost: 6 Points

Cost Powers

36 Armor +12 rPD +12 rED

8 Healing: Regeneration 1 BODY/Turn

30 LS: Does Not Need to Eat, Does Not Need to Sleep, High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Longevity [immortal], Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self Contained

110 Cosmic VPP 50 Points, No Mental Powers Except Mind Link for Duplicates (-1/4)

Total Powers Cost: 184 Points

Total Cost: 350 Points

200+ Disadvantages

10 DNPC: Dr. Janey Slater (Useful Normal) 11-

5 DNPC: Dr. Wally Weaver (Useful Normal) 8-

15 DF: Glowing Blue Often Naked Well Built Man (Concealable/Noticed)

10 Hunted: Moloch (Less Powerful/Public ID) 8-

25 Hunted: United States Government (As Powerful/NCI/Public ID/Watching) 14-

20 Normal Characteristics Maxima

15 PsyL: Noblesse Oblige (Common/Strong)

15 PsyL: Overconfidence (Very Common/Moderate)

20 PsyL: Superpatriot (Common/Total)

15 SocL: Public Identity [Dr. Jonathan Osterman] (Frequently/Major)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 350 Points

VPP Examples

Trip to Mars

Teleport 10", 2x Mass, Megascale [10 Million km] (+2), 2x END (-1/2) 50 Points

Vietnam

Growth: Height +4", Width +2", Mass 6400 kg, BODY/STUN +6, DCV -4, PER +4, Reach +2", STR +30, KNB -6" 30 Points

RKA 2d6, Linked to Growth (-1/2) 20 Points

Victory in Vietnam

EB 4d6, NND (LS: Self Contained) (+1), Megascale [100 km] (+3/4), AE 5 1/2" [550 km] (+1), No Range (+1/2) 50 Points

Re: Dr. Manhattan on 350 Points

I like the thinking out of the box, but I don't think that pool is big enough to support all of the things he was shown doing at the same time. On Mars, he is shown using Life Support UOO, like at least 80 STR TK, with the Action/Reaction Adder, and he still has full access to his Claisentience. The stunt of teleporting thousands of people to their own particular homes simultaneously breaks this build.

I think Susano's build is workable, but I really think Dr. Manhattan had plot-based powers and cannot was a PC at all.

Still, those who dare win.

I think the scenes on Mars with Silk Spectre 2 involve LS: High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self Contained, Usable On Others (+1/4) [24 Points] (He wouldn't need to use it himself because of his own Life Support), and Flight 10", Varable Advantages (+1/2), Megascale [1 km] or No END Only (-1/4), No END (+1/4), OIF[bulky/Fragile]: Giant Glass Flying Clock (-1 1/4) [14 Points]

I like a challenge.

I think the scenes on Mars with Silk Spectre 2 involve LS: High Pressure' date=' High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self Contained, Usable On Others (+1/4) [24 Points'] (He wouldn't need to use it himself because of his own Life Support), and Flight 10", Varable Advantages (+1/2), Megascale [1 km] or No END Only (-1/4), No END (+1/4), OIF[bulky/Fragile]: Giant Glass Flying Clock (-1 1/4) [14 Points] Danger Sense [Anywhere on Earth/Beyond Senses] 13-, Intuitive (-1) Concentrate DCV 0 (-1/2) [12 Points]

I like a challenge.

All right, wise@#$, do the teleporting people home thing. By the way, repped for making me laugh out loud. Very creative indeed.

Dr. Manhattan

Val Char Cost

20 STR 10

20 DEX 30

20 CON 20

20 BODY 20

18 INT 8

20 EGO 20

20 PRE 10

18 COM 4

8 PD 4

8 ED 4

4 SPD 10

10 REC 4

50 END 5

50 STUN 10

Total Characteristics Cost: 159 Points

Cost Skills/Perks/Talents

3 Absolute Time Sense

3 Bump of Direction

3 KS[iNT]: Past, Present, and Future 13-

13 Power 18-

3 SS[iNT]: Physics 13-

Total Skills/Perks/Talents Cost: 25 Points

Cost Powers

36 Armor +12 rPD +12 rED

30 LS: Does Not Need to Eat, Does Not Need to Sleep, High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Longevity [immortal], Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self Contained Breathing

100 VPP 50 Points, Zero Phase Action (+1)

Total Powers Cost: 166 Points

Total Cost: 350 Points

200+ Disadvantages

10 DNPC: Dr. Janey Slater (Normal) 8-

30 DF: Glowing Blue Godlike Aura (Not Concealable/Major Reaction)

25 Hunted: United States Government (As Powerful/NCI/Public ID/Watching Only) 14-

20 Normal Characteristics Maxima

15 PsyL: Noblesse Oblige (Common/Strong)

15 PsyL: Overconfidence (Very Common/Normal)

15 SocL: Public Identity [Dr. Jonathan Osterman, Ph.D.] (Frequently/Major)

20 SocL: Subect to Orders (Very Frequently/Major)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 350 Points

Thanks everyone for all the comments

I've redone this version based on the realization that Dr. Manhattan is far more limited a character then presented. Because he is aware of his personal timeline every action that he could take has been taken. In game terms a failed Power skill roll when using his VPP means that Dr. Manhattan has become aware that he did not take action at that particular moment in time.

For example, let's say that Dr. Manhattan is in Rockefeller Military Center in New York, and has entered a default danger sense mode

Danger Sense [Any Danger/Any Area] 18-

It's November 22, 1963, and Dr. Manhattan senses that President Kennedy is in danger. He decides to Duplicate himself, teleport to Dallas, and put a force wall over the President's limo. But the Doctor fails his Power roll and he realizes that he never took action, and so the Comedian fires the fatal shot from the Grassy Knoll.

This is a situation where the character conception and game mechanics work hand in hand in order to counter the writer's overreach.

As per lapsedgamer's request.

Teleport 5", Usable As an Attack (+1 1/2), AE 1"r [1 km] (+1/2), Variable Advantages (+1) [Only for Megascale Range from 1 km to 10 km (-1/4)], AE 1"r (+1/2), No Range (-1/2), Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) 32 Points

Telepathy 4d6, Megascale [1 km] (+1/4), AE 1"r [1 km] (+1/2), Only to Locate Targets Homes (-1/2), Linked to Teleport (-1/2) 17 Points

As per lapsedgamer's request.

Teleport 5", Usable As an Attack (+1 1/2), AE 1"r [1 km] (+1/2), Variable Advantages (+1) [Only for Megascale Range from 1 km to 10 km (-1/4)], AE 1"r (+1/2), No Range (-1/2), Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) 32 Points

Telepathy 4d6, Megascale [1 km] (+1/4), AE 1"r [1 km] (+1/2), Only to Locate Targets Homes (-1/2), Linked to Teleport (-1/2) 17 Points

Clever, but probably a very liberal interpretation of Variable Advantage. Can you really vary the level of the advantage within a single application of a power like that? If everyone was going to places in the same approx. radius from Dr. M, then a single application would do it. However, to change the Megascale range wouldn't that require an additional application? So with that build, I see people blinking out in waves, not all at the same time.

You also might need more dice on Telepathy. Standard Effect would probably get you what you need to get surface thoughts on average folks, but on a bad roll he might might miss someone with just a few points of EGO over the average. Ah, on second thought 4d6 is close enough for this purpose.

Clever, but probably a very liberal interpretation of Variable Advantage. Can you really vary the level of the advantage within a single application of a power like that? If everyone was going to places in the same approx. radius from Dr. M, then a single application would do it. However, to change the Megascale range wouldn't that require an additional application? So with that build, I see people blinking out in waves, not all at the same time.

You also might need more dice on Telepathy. Standard Effect would probably get you what you need to get surface thoughts on average folks, but on a bad roll he might might miss someone with just a few points of EGO over the average. Ah, on second thought 4d6 is close enough for this purpose.

Can you use AE UAA Teleport to send each target to a different location?

While it can't do everything the comic character can do, neither can most Batman or Superman write-ups built on standard points. This is a pretty impressive build and gets the basics of the character into a standard point build.

Repped, of course.

Can you use AE UAA Teleport to send each target to a different location?

Probably not, but here Cassandra is playing it a little loose with Meagascale and UAA. He is megascaling the affected radius, the range of the teleport, and the personal radius around him at the same time. It's a fun excercise to do something like that on so few points, but the GM would have to be pretty liberal minded. I repped him just because he had the temerity to try it and get so close.

The VPP is still way too small to really capture the raw power this character was capable of. I'd probably drop the Armor and even the Life Support and instead go with Regeneration being the only Power outside of the VPP. Add a common limitation or two and then the character might be able to use 2 or more 60+ active point abilities simultaneously.

I've redone this version based on the realization that Dr. Manhattan is far more limited a character then presented. Because he is aware of his personal timeline every action that he could take has been taken. In game terms a failed Power skill roll when using his VPP means that Dr. Manhattan has become aware that he did not take action at that particular moment in time.

For example, let's say that Dr. Manhattan is in Rockefeller Military Center in New York, and has entered a default danger sense mode

Danger Sense [Any Danger/Any Area] 18-

It's November 22, 1963, and Dr. Manhattan senses that President Kennedy is in danger. He decides to Duplicate himself, teleport to Dallas, and put a force wall over the President's limo. But the Doctor fails his Power roll and he realizes that he never took action, and so the Comedian fires the fatal shot from the Grassy Knoll.

This is a situation where the character conception and game mechanics work hand in hand in order to counter the writer's overreach.

I do believe Allen Moore is on the record as saying that was meant to be a joke.

Guest steamteck

I do believe Allen Moore is on the record as saying that was meant to be a joke.

You do mean the entire graphic novel, right?:D