Alternate realities aside from Multifaria?

Order227

Hi guys, I've a fellow player who's making a new character with a twist.

The twist is that the new character is like an alternate dimension's of his existing character in the normal Champions world.

I know about Multifaria as covered in the Book of the Destroyer, but are there other dimensions described in the official books please?

Re: Alternate realities aside from Multifaria?

Absolutely. :) There are a number of official alternate Earths mentioned or described in published books, and it's been stated that a near-infinite number of other ones exist. There's plenty of precedent for pretty much any type of Earth you need. If you want examples, here are a few off the top of my head:

"Left-Handed Earth," where the majority of people are left handed instead of right, and ethical standards are reversed, including "evil" versions of heroes from Champions Earth, and "good" versions of villains;

An Earth in which the government oppresses all superhumans, the original home of Champions Earth master-villain Kinematik;

A world in which the United States never formed, and North America is divided into rival states, including Native American ones; homeworld of the Cahokian, a member of the Champions Earth villain team Merc-Force 1.

5th Edition's The Mystic World had extensive coverage of the magical dimensions. I believe the PDFs and books for 5th Edition are still half price. There was a 4th Edition book titled Champions in 3D that covered a lot of dimensional travel stuff as well. You might want to look for that on eBAy or Noble Knights.

Oh, there was also a Mutants and Masterminds book called Worlds of Freedom that covered this material. It would take some work, but it could be adapted.

Absolutely. :) There are a number of official alternate Earths mentioned or described in published books' date=' and it's been stated that a near-infinite number of other ones exist. There's plenty of precedent for pretty much any type of Earth you need.[/quote']

In Champions Online there is a earth meantioned where Bigfoots are the mayor species, but humans the beings "rumored to exist in the mountains".

One character origin of mine involves a lifeform from an alternate earth, described as "a hot hell, where magic infused, silicon based critters dwell - one deadlier and a better survivor than the other".

As far as I understand Ista'Vahn (hope that is spelled right) is the classical "conqueror of alternate dimensions" villianess. So perhaps works about her contain some intersting worlds?

Certainly the series Sliders has some ideas.

Classics include: "Nazi's won WWII", "Different outcome of other mayor conflict", the mentioned "inversion of good and evil" and "alternate sentient species (Bigfoots, Dinosaurs)"

Just take "anything that could go wrong with time travel" - and then some.

Champions 6E, has some rough ideas too.

"Ancient culture" such as Rome World, Egypt World, Gangster World or Norse World, is also a common trope. "Genre World" such as Western or Sword & Sorcery are also common. Look to old Sci Fi space exploration shows - planets with cultures easily recognizable as a riff on an Earth culture were pretty commonplace.

Many of these are covered in Champions in 3-D(from 4th Edition) if you can track down a copy.

I found a copy for sale at this link, if you're really interested. I loved the book and used several ideas from it in a campaign I ran a while back.

If you're looking for alternate-Earth ideas, you could also take a look at the 3rd Ed.

GURPS worldbooks Alternate Earths and Alternate Earths 2, as well as the 4th Ed.

hardcover Infinite Worlds. These have a good-sized number of alternate Earths in

them. The first book covers the worlds of Dixie (Confederate World), Reich-5 (Nazi

World), Roma Aeterna (Rome World), Shikaku-Mon (Japanese/Cyberpunk World),

and Ezcalli (Aztec World); the second covers Cornwallis (British World), Ming-3

(Chinese World), Midgard (Viking World), Caliph (Futuristic Arabic World), Aeolus

(Monarchial European World), and the Earth of Centrum, the bad guys in the cross-

time conflict between Homeline (basically, a near-future Earth with transtemporal

technology) and Centrum (also a near-future Earth with the same technology, but

which is trying to bring other alternate timelines into its sphere of influence).

GURPS Time Travel (3rd Edition) also mentions worlds like the United States of Liz-

ardia (Dinosaur World) and Pogo (an Earth where animals achieved sapience), as

well as mentioning Earths where famous characters from our literature -- Sherlock

Holmes, King Arthur, and Robin Hood, for example -- are quite real. Infinite Worlds

expands on the earlier books, and adds new details (for example, one of the Nazi

parallel-Earths has a transtemporal unit which is trying to expand its power into

other timelines).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Saturday Night Live had a skit in the 1970s where Superman landed in Germany instead of America, and became Uberman, who fought of Injustice, Untruth, and the Nazi Way. He wiped out England but it was theorized that the U.S. would build a Kryptonite Bomb to defeat him.