The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

well, it's not surprising, given the target demographic, and what the tentacles are a metaphor/stand-in for. tvtropes said there was one comedy anime where 2 girls and a guy were tied up, and the tentacle monster started assaulting the guy, with the girls commenting "this isn't what usually happens".

I think if I ran a game where a tentacle monster showed up, I'd want the male PCs to feel at least a bit apprehensive...

It is fun to mess with expectations, isn't it?

In a comedic game, I had a "tentacle monster" show up. He was actually quite appalled at what some of the female PCs thought he he was going to do. :D

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

For the origins of the Hentamari, the CU version could be a product of ancient Elder Worm efforts. Since they aren't as inherently threatening or dangerous as the Elder Worm, for a nemesis perhaps it is an offshoot of the Malvan Golden Hunters devoted to pursuing them, call them something like Silver Hunters. Maybe it's even a Golden Hunter trainee program of some kind that was just left running after the war ended. The Hentamari are good at staying to the shadows and can reproduce quickly among humanoid populations when they need to, so their threat can never seem to be eliminated completely.

Picture a young Silver Hunter on her first hunt, pursuing signs of her prey across the stars and eventually arriving on Earth, finding nests of them hidden among the humans. She recruits allies among the humans, teenage girls (maybe with a token boy or two in their ranks.

It would make for a sexy Teen Champions game.

Hyper Lovemaking' date=' from the Hyper Seduction power set I posted, would probably work for that, though for a young adult HM it might be at a much lower level(+5 or +10, no Stunning effect), and require a grab and work with the tentacles only(-3/4), costing 3 to 6 points. For the full effect, it'd cost about 27 points total.[/quote']

In an earlier posting, you'd mentioned the idea of the power Change Environment used to raise libido levels, and a second version that would lower resistance to sexual impulses by lowering EGO rolls. Giving these abilities to the Hentamari would make for easier preying upon humanoids.

In an earlier posting' date=' you'd mentioned the idea of the power Change Environment used to raise libido levels, and a second version that would lower resistance to sexual impulses by lowering EGO rolls. Giving these abilities to the Hentamari would make for easier preying upon humanoids.[/quote']

Yep. As I said, you can justify giving them virtually any ability on my power set lists(including those sets I haven't written up yet--Erotic Mind Control is next, and it's a doozy). Orgon is quasi-master villain level(well, akin to Menton or Holocaust or Firewing, anyway). A Prince or Princess(hey, I'll write up a HM Princess, that'll be fun!) is probably quasi-Destroyer level, and the High King is akin to an elder god. A really, really horny elder god...with thousands of friendly tentacles...

And the write up of tentacle monsters made me do this. After all, what's the point in having a tentacle monster if you don't have the rules to support it?

NOTE: This is just a first draft, with plenty of room for refinement and expansion.

Hero System Sexual Combat

Why? Or, WHAT THE @#$%’S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!

This system is an attempt to bring “sexual combat” into Hero System. Basically, treating the physical aspect of arousal, sexual activity, and climax with the same systems as determining hits and damage in combat. Upon hearing “sexual combat” many people immediately would leap to the conclusion that the system is all about forcing oneself upon a defenseless character.

NOT TRUE!!!!!

Just like combat in Hero System can cover anything from a friendly spar to a boxing match to attempting to puree your opponent with a wood chipper, sexual combat can be used for any kind of sexual encounter, not just (or even primarily) the violent kind.

With that, let’s get into the systems.

Stages

There are a few stages of any sexual encounter. They are:

Arousal

Foreplay

Intercourse

Climax

Afterglow

Each of these stages progresses differently, involving different rolls and timings. Let’s examine each stage in detail.

Arousal

The arousal stage is the first, and arguably easiest, stage to complete. It’s the simply, biological process of priming a person (or other being) for sexual activity. Attempting to generate arousal in another character can be resolved with a simple Presence Attack, with some modifiers unique to this kind of Presence Attack:

Modifier

Situation or Character’s Action

+1d6

Character is dressed somewhat provocatively

+2d6

Character is dressed very provocatively

+3d6

Character is naked or dressed ridiculously provocatively (i.e., Fredrick’s of Hollywood-style lingerie.

-2d6

Character is dressed conservatively.

-4d6

Target is actively opposing the character’s attempts to arouse them.

PRE Halved

Character is outside the target’s sexual orientation.

If a character can get their hands (or other appropriate appendages) on their target, they can attempt to gain a further bonus to their Arousal PRE attack by making a PS: Perform Sexual Technique roll, which the target may oppose with a CON or EGO roll, as they choose. Success grants +1d6 to the Arousal PRE attack by every 10 points (or fraction thereof) by which the character succeeded.

It should be noted that these rolls are not always required. In most any circumstance, any character simply choose to become aroused, or allow themselves to become aroused (unless they have an appropriate Physical Limitation. . . and they make a pill for that now.)

Foreplay/Intercourse

This is where things start to get serious. The character have their hands (among other things) all over each other, and garments usually begin to be discarded. There are nearly limitless options for how characters can engage in foreplay, just as there are nearly limitless ways in which they can perform strikes in combat, and when factoring in the abilities and entities that can be built in Hero System, it can truly be said that the only limits are one’s imagination. So, a simple system will cover how “well” characters perform foreplay and follow-up, intercourse.

All characters have a Pleasure Meter, equal to their Endurance. A simple PS: Perform Sexual Technique roll can allow a character to attempt to fill another character’s Pleasure Meter (and probably their own, as well.) Succeeding on the Perform Sexual Technique roll allows a character to roll one or more dice to attempt to fill the meter. A character gains on “Sex Attack” die for every five points (or fraction thereof) by which he or she beats their skill roll. These dice are rolled and counted like normal damage dice in ordinary Hero Combat. Tallying up the total on all dice adds points to the Pleasure Meter of the character who was the target of the “Sex Attack.”

Example: The Spider and Housecat are “recreating” after an uneventful night’s patrol. Housecat does some “charming” things for her arachnid-powered man, beating her Perform Sexual Technique roll by seven. She rolls two dice, getting a six and a four. The Spider increases his Pleasure Meter by 10.

Each die rolled also behaves like a normal attack’s BODY damage dice for purposes of increasing the Pleasure Meter of the other character. Thus, a character who rolled two Sexual Attack dice targeting their partner would normally increase their own Pleasure Meter by two. However, like BODY damage, sixes count double, while ones do not count at all. Thus, in the above example, Housecat would increase her Pleasure Meter by three, instead of two.

Intercourse follows the same basic rule as foreplay, with the characters rolling Sex Attacks against each other (or themselves) until they reach the fourth stage.

Attacking Yourself?

Yes, it is possible in a Sex Attack to declare yourself as the target. This can be done when all alone, or when with a partner who’s racing ahead of you to allow you to “keep up.”

Other Skills?

Of course, PS: Perform Sexual Technique isn’t the only skill that can come in handy for making a Sex Attack. Acrobatics and Contortionist are two obvious skills that can supplement, or even replace, a Perform Sexual Technique roll, and skills like Persuasion, Interrogation, and Oratory (no, not THAT kind of Oratory!) can aid. Teamwork can also add to making such a coupling memorable.

Climax

When the Pleasure Meter is full, a character reaches orgasm, the whole point of having sex in the first place. There are no special rules as such for climax, but it does feel really good, and has a variety of effects on brain chemistry and physiology. There’s no concrete data one way or the other, but some believe that having sex before bouts of other intense physical activity can be detrimental to one’s performance, levying penalties to combat or other exertions for the next 24 to 48 hours. Others believe that the endorphins released aid in focus and concentration, making one more effective, and applying a similar bonus.

Holding Off

Sometimes, you’re just not quite ready to be done yet. When a character’s Pleasure Meter is full, they can attempt to postpone their climax for one turn. Doing so requires a CON roll, at a cumulative -1 penalty.

Afterglow

Again, no special systems are needed for this, though characters (especially males) interested in keeping a regular partner may want to make PS: Perform Sexual Technique rolls to cuddle afterwards.

Other Considerations

Undressing

A wise man once said, “Doesn’t exactly look like a successful mating to me. He’s still got his pants on.” Taking off one’s clothes to some degree is required for successful Sex Attacks. Normally, a character doesn’t need to roll at all to simply drop trou, but sometimes, you may want to get naked with style, or remove your partner’s clothing for them (a much more difficult operation.)

Taking one’s clothes off in a seductive fashion can involve a PRE attack, or be handled though PS: Striptease. Taking off someone else’s clothes can be DEX roll, or a STR roll if no one cares if the garment in question remains intact. Undressing someone who doesn’t want to be undressed requires a successful Grab first.

While I applaud the idea of using Hero mechanics to simulate sexual performance, I'm not sure the numbers work that you have. Here are my random thoughts, and they are intended to be helpful.

The idea of a Pleasure Meter works, but I'm not sure if directly tying it to END is exactly right. Having more endurance doesn't seem like it would delay orgasms. The idea of sex weakening a person could be portrayed by LTE rules. Perhaps one way to show the difference between male and female orgasm speed is that males roll a die and females count BODY.

The timing of a sexual encounter also needs to be discussed. Perhaps dice are rolled every minute or every turn?

Powers like Aid or Drain could also be involved.

I was going to get into timing, but just didn't have the right ideas for it yet.

END seemed the logical choice for determining how much pleasure one could take before reaching orgasm (that, or Stun. . .). It wasn't really intended to represent longevity, since END already does that (and I thought about assigning END costs to certain interactions, but again didn't quite have it down.) I'm mostly a HERO player rather than GM, so I'm not as familiar with the system as I probably should be to tackle something like this. So please, all constructive feedback is appreciated!

Well, in 6th Edition we can work with existing characteristics or add new ones. If we can have a Rage Meter as an added power in Ninja Hero, I see nothing wrong with adding a Pleasure Meter for the game mechanics of sex. We're really just discussing options for implementing it, either by using existing mechanics or adding some new characteristics and abilities.

If we want to expand existing characteristics, I would suggest using the social combat rules from APG2 as a model for the game mechanics of sexual matters. There are onlya few additions we might consider using, such as Sexual Combat Values with base 3s and costs for increasing them set pretty low, maybe 1-for-1 and the Pleasure Meter itself which could be set at base 20. The existing Recovery characteristic could deal with recovery from sexual activities, and Endurance would determine physical limits of performance.

I think people would only be buying up OSCV though. If a character had a high DSCV, it would be more difficult for a partner to build their pleasure meter, but that might be valuable in showing an ability to last a long time. We could have standard 'maneuvers' or even create a 'marital arts' set of extra abilities for skilled lovers.

I hadn't thought of going that in-depth with it, but it could certainly work.

There's a Rage Meter in Ninja Hero? I actually need a Rage Meter for my Hero character! Thanks, I'll have to look that up!

I hadn't thought of going that in-depth with it, but it could certainly work.

There's a Rage Meter in Ninja Hero? I actually need a Rage Meter for my Hero character! Thanks, I'll have to look that up!

You can also find the Rage Meter in the Hero System Martial Arts book for 6th.

Thanks for the contribution, Erik. I'll have to clean this up later but want to get it up tonight:

Erotic Mind Control

Erotic Suggestion—15d6 Mind Control, Inobvious to Target, Telepathic, Limited Command: About 1 sentence in length(-1/2), Command must be erotic in nature(-1/2),(131 active points), 65 points

Strong Suggestion—20d6 Mind Control, 86 points

Overwhelming Suggestion—30d6 Mind Control, 131 points

Weak Suggestion—10d6 Mind Control, 43 points

Mass Suggestion—add AoE(32m radius), 112/136/206/68 points

Erotic Compulsion—20d6 Mind Control, Telepathic, Compulsion must be erotic in nature, 83 points

Strong Compulsion—30d6 Mind Control, 125 points

Overwhelming Compulsion—40d6 Mind Control, 166 points

Weak Compulsion—16d6 Mind Control, 66 points

Mass Compulsion—add AoE(32m radius), 163/245/326/130 points

(Note: this is a more blatant, and enduring and broader form of EMC than suggestion)

Erotic Transformation—Aid to Striking Appearance and PRE 5d6(standard Effect)(+1/2), Fade Rate 5 points/hour, Extra Time: 5 minutes, 25 points

Stronger Transformation—10d6, 50 points

Amazing Transformation—15d6, 75 points

Enduring Transformation—4d6 Major Transform(boosts PRE, PS/KS: Sexual Technique, Striking Appearance), ACV(OMCV/DMCV), AVAD(Mental Defense), Works vs. EGO not BODY(+1/4) , no range, 40 points

Erotic Enslavement—4d6 Major Transform(target into erotic slave of character(or someone else), ACV(OMCV/DMCV), AVAD(Mental Defense), Works vs. EGO not BODY(+1/4); limited targets, no range, 30 points

Stronger Enslavement—8d6 Major Transform, 60 points

Total Enslavement—8d6 Severe Transform, drop limited targets, keep no range, 120 points

Transforming Enslavement—add Enduring Transform, linked(-1/2), 150 points

Mass Enslavement—add AoE(32m radius), 50/100/200/280

Global Enslavement—add Megascale(1m = 1000km(i.e. up to 32,000 km radius, +2) to Mass Enslavement, 90/180/360/450

Erotic Disinihibition—Change Environment, -5 to EGO rolls to resist own erotic impulses, Effects Inobvious to Target, 0 End Cost(30 active), 30 points

Total Disinhibition—Change Environment, -10 to EGO rolls to resist own erotic impulses, 60 points

Mild Disinhibition, -2 to EGO rolls, 12 points

Mass Disinhibition, add AoE(32m radius), 45/90/18 points

Erotic Amplification—Change Environment, Raise Libido +5 levels(5 points per level, max is 11), Effects Inobvious to Target, 0 End Cost, 50 points

Total Amplification—Raise Libido up to 11 levels, 110 points

Mild Amplification—Raise Libido up to 2 levels, 20 points

Mass Amplification—add AoE(32m radius), 75/165/30 points

Erotic Distraction--15d6 Mental Illusions, 0 Endurance, Constant, No Range, Extra Time: 1 minute(the target is lost in a blissful sexual fantasy, no longer interacting with reality—mental illusions), 50 points

Stronger Distraction--20d6 Mental Illusions, 66 points

Weaker Distraction--10d6 Mental Illusions, 33 points

Overwhelming Distraction--30d6 Mental Illusions, 100 points

Quick Distraction--Drop Extra Time, 100 points

Mass Distraction--Add AoE(32m radius), 75/100/50/150

Erotic Ecstasy—Version 1: 15d6 Mind Control, Telepathic,Half Endurance Cost, Effects Inobvious to Target; Set Effect: Feel Sexual Pleasure, No Range, Must touch skin of target(-1/2), 50 points

Version 2: 4d6 Energy Blast, ACV(OMCV/DMCV), AVAD(NND vs. No nervous system), 0 Endurance, Constant, Effects Inobvious to Target, No Range, 50 points

Version 3: Change Environment, Stunning Effect, 0 Endurance, Constant, Effects Inobvious to Target, No Range, 50 points

Stronger Ecstasy--increase to 22.5d6/6d6, 75 points

Weaker Ecstasy--decrease to 7.5d6/2d6, 25 points

Overwhelming Ecstasy--increase to 30d6/8d6, 100 points

Mass Ecstasy--add AoE(32m radius),line of sight; Version 1(remove must touch skin limitation), 105/158/52/210; Version 2, 70/105/35/140; Version 3, 70 points

Autoerotic Trance(the target is put into an autoerotic(i.e., masturbatory) trance during which time they are highly receptive to erotic suggestion/compulsion)--Entangle 4d6, DEF 4, ACV(OMCV/DMCV)(+1/4), Works vs. EGO not STR(+1), Transparent to Attack(+1/2), and Major Transform 7d6(target to target with 2x Effect--Erotic Mind Control powers),ACV, AVAD(Mental Defense), Works vs. EGO not BODY(+1/4) linked to Entangle(-1/2), 180 points

Weaker Trance--2d6 Entangle, 3.5d6 Transform, 90 points

Stronger Trance--8d6 Entangle, 14d6 Transform, 360 points

Mass Trance--add AoE(32m radius), line of sight, 350/175/700

Erotic True Sight—Detect Libido,Physical Form, and Emotional State, Sense, Range, Discriminatory, Analyze, Penetrating, 52 points

Erotic Caress--Add Range, Discriminator, Analyze to Touch, and Telekinesis, STR 10, Fine Manipulation, 40 points

View Erotic History--Precognition with Sight, Hearing, Touch, Smell and Taste, and Erotic True Sight, mobile perception point, extra time: 5 minutes, 23 points

Erotic Envigoration—2d6 Aid to Endurance(standard Effect: +30 Endurance), 0 Endurance, and +12 to PS: Perform Sexual Technique, usable by other(+1/2), Extra Time: 5 minutes, 12 points

Stronger Envigoration--4d6, +24 to Perform, 24 points

Weaker Envigoration--1d6, +6 to Perform, 6 points

Strongest Envigoration--6d6, Fade Rate 5 points/hour, +36 to Perform, usable by other, 48 points

Mass Envigoration--Add AoE(32m radius), line of sight(fudge the UBO into the AoE), 24/48/12/84 points

Erotic Energy Transference—Part 1. 3d6 Drain vs. Endurance, 0 Endurance, Effects Inobvious to Target, Return 5 points/hour and Change Environment(-5 libido levels, -5 to social interaction rolls), 0 Endurance,Constant, Uncontrolled, Effects Inobvious to Target,No Range, Extra Time: 1 minute(-1 1/2), 80 points

Part 2. +50 Endurance, +10 to Charm, Persuasion, Conversation and PS: Perform Sexual Technique) Rolls, linked to Part 1(1st part must work for 2nd to activate)(-1), Trigger(when Part 1 works)(+1/4), 31 points

Stronger Transference Part 1. 6d6 Drain, -10 libido and social interactions, 160 points Part 2. +100 END, +20 to rolls, 62 points

Mass Transference--add AoE(32m radius), Line of Sight; Part 1, 120/240 points; Part 2, no change

Erotic Ego Destruction—3d6 Drain vs. EGO, ACV(OMCV/DMCV), AVAD(Mental Defense), Return 5 points per week, Extra Time: 5 minutes, 30 points, only affects resistance to EMC powers(-0)

Strong Ego Destruction—increase to 5d6, 50 points

Total Ego Destruction—6d6 Drain, return 5 points per decade, 80 points

Mass Ego Destruction—add AoE(32m radius), 40/66/100 points

And the write up of tentacle monsters made me do this. After all, what's the point in having a tentacle monster if you don't have the rules to support it?

NOTE: This is just a first draft, with plenty of room for refinement and expansion.

Hero System Sexual Combat

Why? Or, WHAT THE @#$%’S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!

This system is an attempt to bring “sexual combat” into Hero System. Basically, treating the physical aspect of arousal, sexual activity, and climax with the same systems as determining hits and damage in combat. Upon hearing “sexual combat” many people immediately would leap to the conclusion that the system is all about forcing oneself upon a defenseless character.

NOT TRUE!!!!!

Just like combat in Hero System can cover anything from a friendly spar to a boxing match to attempting to puree your opponent with a wood chipper, sexual combat can be used for any kind of sexual encounter, not just (or even primarily) the violent kind.

With that, let’s get into the systems.

Stages

There are a few stages of any sexual encounter. They are:

Arousal

Foreplay

Intercourse

Climax

Afterglow

Each of these stages progresses differently, involving different rolls and timings. Let’s examine each stage in detail.

Arousal

The arousal stage is the first, and arguably easiest, stage to complete. It’s the simply, biological process of priming a person (or other being) for sexual activity. Attempting to generate arousal in another character can be resolved with a simple Presence Attack, with some modifiers unique to this kind of Presence Attack:

Modifier

Situation or Character’s Action

+1d6

Character is dressed somewhat provocatively

+2d6

Character is dressed very provocatively

+3d6

Character is naked or dressed ridiculously provocatively (i.e., Fredrick’s of Hollywood-style lingerie.

-2d6

Character is dressed conservatively.

-4d6

Target is actively opposing the character’s attempts to arouse them.

PRE Halved

Character is outside the target’s sexual orientation.

If a character can get their hands (or other appropriate appendages) on their target, they can attempt to gain a further bonus to their Arousal PRE attack by making a PS: Perform Sexual Technique roll, which the target may oppose with a CON or EGO roll, as they choose. Success grants +1d6 to the Arousal PRE attack by every 10 points (or fraction thereof) by which the character succeeded.

It should be noted that these rolls are not always required. In most any circumstance, any character simply choose to become aroused, or allow themselves to become aroused (unless they have an appropriate Physical Limitation. . . and they make a pill for that now.)

Foreplay/Intercourse

This is where things start to get serious. The character have their hands (among other things) all over each other, and garments usually begin to be discarded. There are nearly limitless options for how characters can engage in foreplay, just as there are nearly limitless ways in which they can perform strikes in combat, and when factoring in the abilities and entities that can be built in Hero System, it can truly be said that the only limits are one’s imagination. So, a simple system will cover how “well” characters perform foreplay and follow-up, intercourse.

All characters have a Pleasure Meter, equal to their Endurance. A simple PS: Perform Sexual Technique roll can allow a character to attempt to fill another character’s Pleasure Meter (and probably their own, as well.) Succeeding on the Perform Sexual Technique roll allows a character to roll one or more dice to attempt to fill the meter. A character gains on “Sex Attack” die for every five points (or fraction thereof) by which he or she beats their skill roll. These dice are rolled and counted like normal damage dice in ordinary Hero Combat. Tallying up the total on all dice adds points to the Pleasure Meter of the character who was the target of the “Sex Attack.”

Example: The Spider and Housecat are “recreating” after an uneventful night’s patrol. Housecat does some “charming” things for her arachnid-powered man, beating her Perform Sexual Technique roll by seven. She rolls two dice, getting a six and a four. The Spider increases his Pleasure Meter by 10.

Each die rolled also behaves like a normal attack’s BODY damage dice for purposes of increasing the Pleasure Meter of the other character. Thus, a character who rolled two Sexual Attack dice targeting their partner would normally increase their own Pleasure Meter by two. However, like BODY damage, sixes count double, while ones do not count at all. Thus, in the above example, Housecat would increase her Pleasure Meter by three, instead of two.

Intercourse follows the same basic rule as foreplay, with the characters rolling Sex Attacks against each other (or themselves) until they reach the fourth stage.

Attacking Yourself?

Yes, it is possible in a Sex Attack to declare yourself as the target. This can be done when all alone, or when with a partner who’s racing ahead of you to allow you to “keep up.”

Other Skills?

Of course, PS: Perform Sexual Technique isn’t the only skill that can come in handy for making a Sex Attack. Acrobatics and Contortionist are two obvious skills that can supplement, or even replace, a Perform Sexual Technique roll, and skills like Persuasion, Interrogation, and Oratory (no, not THAT kind of Oratory!) can aid. Teamwork can also add to making such a coupling memorable.

Climax

When the Pleasure Meter is full, a character reaches orgasm, the whole point of having sex in the first place. There are no special rules as such for climax, but it does feel really good, and has a variety of effects on brain chemistry and physiology. There’s no concrete data one way or the other, but some believe that having sex before bouts of other intense physical activity can be detrimental to one’s performance, levying penalties to combat or other exertions for the next 24 to 48 hours. Others believe that the endorphins released aid in focus and concentration, making one more effective, and applying a similar bonus.

Holding Off

Sometimes, you’re just not quite ready to be done yet. When a character’s Pleasure Meter is full, they can attempt to postpone their climax for one turn. Doing so requires a CON roll, at a cumulative -1 penalty.

Afterglow

Again, no special systems are needed for this, though characters (especially males) interested in keeping a regular partner may want to make PS: Perform Sexual Technique rolls to cuddle afterwards.

Other Considerations

Undressing

A wise man once said, “Doesn’t exactly look like a successful mating to me. He’s still got his pants on.” Taking off one’s clothes to some degree is required for successful Sex Attacks. Normally, a character doesn’t need to roll at all to simply drop trou, but sometimes, you may want to get naked with style, or remove your partner’s clothing for them (a much more difficult operation.)

Taking one’s clothes off in a seductive fashion can involve a PRE attack, or be handled though PS: Striptease. Taking off someone else’s clothes can be DEX roll, or a STR roll if no one cares if the garment in question remains intact. Undressing someone who doesn’t want to be undressed requires a successful Grab first.

A few comments:

1. I'd probably use something clunkier but more diplomatic than "Sexual Combat", like "Sexual Interaction Resolution System"(or SIRS). "Combat" implies violence, though of course there is such a thing as "social combat".

2. I'd say there are even a couple stages preceding Arousal--Attraction and Desire. Attraction is a general feeling of sexual or romantic attraction/interest. It does not automatically entail an immediate urge to engage in sexual activity, however. Desire is a more developed feeling of sexual attraction, developing into the formation of an intention or urge to engage in sexual or romantic activity, in the near future if not immediately. Arousal is desire which develops into the emotional and physical state of being where one is physically and mentally ready to engage in sexual activity. Foreplay typically further develops this state of arousal, to the point where one is ready for intercourse. However, foreplay can be a goal in and of itself, and can also lead to sexual climax.

3. A "pleasure meter" seems a little hinky to me. Maybe some sort of alternate approach. In theory I guess we could work out a way to set a "difficulty number" that the character has to surpass in order to bring the partner to climax. Then it would come down to skill resolution, possibly modified by talents, powers, and circumstances.

4. "Holding off" is a matter of both physical restraint and psychological restraint. One could even justify a skill, Romantic Stamina, to represent such an ability. Alternatively, if one has no refractory period, or reduced END on STR, it can be assumed they are capable of either holding off, or simply continuing after climax.

5. Satisfying your partner sexually should likely give the character bonuses to post-coital interaction rolls and RP. If the partner happens to be a contact or follower, the character may be able to get what they want a bit more readily.

I'm wondering if people might also be able to purchase bonuses to their sexual techniques skills that relate to a single partner or a group of regular partners. A -2 limitation is probably good for a single, specific partner, and a -1 for a group of regular partners.

Combat Tentacles

Really Strong Tentacles--+20 STR, only with tentacles, 16 points

Even Stronger Tentacles--+40 STR, 32 points

Impossibly Strong Tentacles--+80 STR, 64 points

Long Tentacles--+5 meters stretching, may double one dimension while halving another, 0 End cost, tentacles only, 12 points

Longer Tentacles--+15 meters stretching, 24 points

Really Long Tentacles--+31 meters stretching, 43 points

Multi-Tentacle Sweep--Version 1. Rapid Attack, only with tentacles(-1/4), 8 points

Version 2. 8d6 Blast, Hand Attack, Area of Effect(8 meter radius; +1/2), 40 points

I'm Gonna Hit You Sucka!--+5 OCV, only with tentacles(-1/4), 20 points

I'm Really Gonna Hit You Sucka!!--+10 OCV, only with tentacles(-1/4), 40 points

Ain't No Way I'm Gonna Miss!!!---+20 OCV, only with tentacles(-1/4), 80 points

Multi-Tentacle Strike--8d6 Blast, Autofire 5, Hand Attack(-1/2), 40 points

Easier Multi-Tentacle Strike--8d6 Blast, Autofire 5, Half Endurance Cost(+1/2), Hand Attack, 53 points

Lots of Tentacles!--8d6 Blast, Autofire 10, Half Endurance cost(+1/2), Hand Attack, 67 points

Way Too Many Tentacles!!--8d6 Blast, Autofire 20(+1 1/2), Zero Endurance Cost(+1), Hand Attack, 94 points

Choking Tentacle--2d6 NND(protected neck, no need to breathe), Does Body(+1), 0 Endurance, Constant, No Range, Must Grab, 20 points

Less Deadly Choke--remove Does Body, 15 points

Multi-Grab--Telekinesis 40 STR, Fine Manipulation, AoE(8m radius), No Range, Restrainable, 60 points

Easier Multi-Grab--Add 0 Endurance Cost, 80 points

Overwhelming Multi-Grab--Telekinesis 80 STR, Fine Manipulation, AoE(32m radius),Line of Sight, 0 Endurance, No Range, Restrainable, 222 points

Grab from out of nowhere--Indirect(+1/2) on up to 40 STR, Tentacles only, 16 points

Precision Grab--Accurate(+1/2) on up to 40 STR, Tentacles only, 16 points

Wall of Tentacles--Barrier, 5 PD/ED Wall, 8 total meters length or height, 5 BODY, Opaque to Sight, No Range, Feedback, 16 points

Shielding Tentacles--Deflection, No Range, 13 points

Blocking Tentacles--+5 OCV, +5 DCV to Block, only for block(-1), tentacles only(-1/4), Usable by Other, 33 points

Deadly Tentacles--1d6+1 Hand Killing Attack, 20 points

Deadlier Tentacles--2d6 Hand Killing Attack, 30 points

Deadliest Tentacles--4d6 Hand Killing Attack, 60 points

(sfx: punching through bodies, severing limbs, entering and bursting bodies, ripping bodies apart, etc.)

Tentacle Walk+8 meters running, 8 points

Tentacle Wall Walk Clinging, only with tentacles, 8 points

Sticky Tentacles--Clinging, Area of Effect(Personal Surface), 0 Endurance, Constant, tentacles only, 24 points

Tentacle Man, Friendly Neighborhood Tentacle Man--20 meters Swinging, restrainable, 8 points

Erotic Tentacles

DCR--Destructive Clothing Removal--10d6 Cosmetic Transform(clothing to air(shredded)), No Range, Must Grab, 15 points

NDCR--Non-Destructive Clothing Removal--add "reversible"(+1/4), 18 points

DWC--Destructive Wardrobe Change--(clothing to different outfit), limited range of outfits(+1/4), 18 points

NDWC--Non-Destructive Wardrobe Change--add reversible(total +1/2), 22 points

Mass Removal/Change--add AoE(32m radius), line of sight, 37/40/40/45 points

Pacifying Tentacles--15d6 Mind Control,Telepathic, Based on CON, No Range, Must Grab, Set Effect: Relax and Enjoy What's Happening to You, 26 points

Strong Pacification--30d6 Mind Control, 52 points

Mass Pacification--AoE(32m radius), Line of Sight, 59/118 points

Forgettable Tentacles--15d6 Mind Control, Telepathic, Based on CON, No Range, Must Grab, Set Effect: Forget Everything That Just Happened to You, including this, 26 points

Very Forgettable--30d6, 52 points

Mass Forgetfulness--AoE(+1), Line of Sight, 59/118 points

Talented Tentacles--+10 to PS: Perform Sexual Technique, CE: +2 Libido Levels,no range must grab, 12 points

Very Talented Tentacles--+20 to PS: Perform, CE: +4 Libido Levels,no range must grab, 23 points

Climactic Tentacles--CE: Stunning Effect, 0 Endurance, Constant, No Range, must grab, 30 points

Many Talented Tentacles--add AoE(+1), Line of sight to CE, 19/38/52 points

A few quick remarks.

1. Now that we're talking about tentacle monsters, I suppose any forlorn hope there was of female participation in the thread can kiss goodbye.

2. My objections to the term "social combat" are already on record, but I'm thinking of revisiting them in detail.

3. As for this

I'm wondering if people might also be able to purchase bonuses to their sexual techniques skills that relate to a single partner or a group of regular partners. A -2 limitation is probably good for a single' date=' specific partner, and a -1 for a group of regular partners.[/quote']

While we're already far out in left field away from what most games would ever feature, I have to say it - it might depend on the game. If a game involves frequent orgies with strangers, or the character is a priestess of Ishtar obliged to frequent ritual sex with visitors to the temple, a big Limitation may be appropriate for Skill Levels with only one person, although even then I'd say a bonus for familiarity should come for free. If a character has only one regular partner and most erotic interactions are with that person, a big Limitation seems inappropriate (like the average superhero taking an "only on Earth" Limit on a power - sure Earth is a tiny microscopic fleck of the Cosmos, but it's where your adventures all take place) but a familiarity bonus is even more obviously called for.

4. Regarding the Powers I described as "fundamental" - I did not name them because I thought them obvious, but now I wonder if I shouldn't give them names. Perhaps "fertile female" and "potent male?" Or I could call the latter "The REAL EveryMan Power."

Lucius Alexander

Did the palindromedary eat my 6th edition version of fembot?

When I spoke of a group of regular partners, I wasn't speaking of an orgy. Your comment on the limitation is valid though.

My thought was in the case of a bonus, if Archie and Betty are exclusive to each other, then the bonus would be free. If Archie and Betty also entertain relationships on the side, then a limited bonus could be paid for. If Archie is involved with both Betty and Veronica regularly, then he could take a less limited bonus with them. It wouldn't affect his encounters with Darlene, who caught his eye one night, unless he starts spending more time with her and learning her preferences.

In the case of a priestess of Ishtar, she could have a different sort of limited bonus, maybe one that only occurs when she is performing her temple duties in a place consecrated for such activities within the temple or just requiring a Faith roll.

BTW, I'd like to see a 6th edition Fembot.

A few quick remarks.

1. Now that we're talking about tentacle monsters, I suppose any forlorn hope there was of female participation in the thread can kiss goodbye.

2. My objections to the term "social combat" are already on record, but I'm thinking of revisiting them in detail.

3. As for this

While we're already far out in left field away from what most games would ever feature, I have to say it - it might depend on the game. If a game involves frequent orgies with strangers, or the character is a priestess of Ishtar obliged to frequent ritual sex with visitors to the temple, a big Limitation may be appropriate for Skill Levels with only one person, although even then I'd say a bonus for familiarity should come for free. If a character has only one regular partner and most erotic interactions are with that person, a big Limitation seems inappropriate (like the average superhero taking an "only on Earth" Limit on a power - sure Earth is a tiny microscopic fleck of the Cosmos, but it's where your adventures all take place) but a familiarity bonus is even more obviously called for.

4. Regarding the Powers I described as "fundamental" - I did not name them because I thought them obvious, but now I wonder if I shouldn't give them names. Perhaps "fertile female" and "potent male?" Or I could call the latter "The REAL EveryMan Power."

Lucius Alexander

Did the palindromedary eat my 6th edition version of fembot?

The "potent male" power should have an Act. of 14 or 15-. Fertile Female should have an Act. of 8- or 9-. I don't think it's a summon, though, I'd probably write that up as a major transform, taking extra time, with gradual effect, no range, all or nothing(though it would be odd for a female with a higher body stat to be less likely to get pregnant). Edit--upon reflection, the summon is probably the right way to go...though you have to hand-wave the tasks thing(one wonders what tasks the baby could be called upon to perform...)

1. I gave up once we asked, point blank, for female participation and got none. If they choose to tune into this thread later, I think they could pick and choose the subject matter they like and dislike. As someone has noted, some women enjoy pornography, even tentacle pornography. Others enjoy erotica, even more enjoy romantic novels and dramas. I didn't lead off with the tentacle stuff but knew I'd probably address it at some point, so why not Halloween? I'm just happy nobody's come here just to thread-crap and troll, and that we haven't picked up a warning(or posted anything that would clearly be warning-worthy--I think the tentacle stuff, as written, manages to steer narrowly clear of crossing the line), no dirty words(and only a couple mildly suggestive pics(my bad)).

2. I agree that the terms "social combat" and "sexual combat" are jarring to the eye and ear, and suggested an alternative term for the latter. I'd suggest "competitive social interaction"(CSI) for social interactions as described in APG II.

3. I'd think it'd make more sense, instead of taking levels only applicable with one partner, to just take KS:Specific Partner, and use it as a complementary skill to Perform.

On the one hand, I agree that much of this material may go further than any GM or group likely intends to go. But a thing worth doing is a thing worth doing thoroughly. :)

As a concession, though, if someone wants to PM me a list of the posts which are most likely to be offensive, I'd be happy to add spoiler tags, so then there's zero risk of anyone running into something that might offend them.