11 Victoria's Secret models hit the catwalk as superheroines

Greywind

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 11 Victoria's Secret models hit the catwalk as superheroines

Yeah, she definitely needs feeding up. She's very skinny. :(

(Pattern Ghost - it's just that I would expect female superheroes to look like athletes, y'know? Not supermodels. But your complaint is justifed, so sorry.)

Like PG said, she had an eating disorder. Easy enough to find some discussions about it via google from Fiona Apple herself.

Fitness models, such as Trish Stratus used to be, probably come fairly close to literally embodying the near-impossible athletic-but-curvy-and-feminine look. It's kinda like comic book drawings of guys built like linebackers doing split-kicks and somersaults off of walls. Awesome to look at, but nigh-impossible in the real world.

You want someone who looks good in superhero outfits? How about this?

TanyaTate-red-suit.jpg

Or this?

Tanya_Tate_SheRa_Cosplay_Sexy_2.jpg

Or maybe this one?

6a00d83451887569e2014e86d9dad5970d-500wi

And this one?

5617130012_66ef5f243e.jpg

The model is a British adult film star, so I wouldn't go to her sites while at work, but the "JustaLottaTanya" site looks really cool.

There they are for anyone who's interested.

You want someone who looks good in superhero outfits? How about this?

She does show a lot of T&A and propably is qualified because she has the "most common superpower" (even if she got it via surgery). But overall, that is not my definition of atractive. She simply doesn't looks like she feels well in those clothes and not being certain about how she looks makes her totally unatractive for me. The "invisble girl" one is the only where she looks decent for me.

I did once have an idea for a team called the Super Models' date=' which was basically a group of supermodels who developed super powers. A little on the nose, perhaps.[/quote']

How about a superpowered version of Jem and the Holograms? They could be a glam rock version of Marvel Comics' KISS.

The problem is that superhero costumes are not designed to look good under normal lighting. Christian Bale's batsuits look obviously fake on the sets, but through the magic of set lights and camera shutters they look great on the screen.

As and aside, I discovered something truly freaky about my dvd player software. It has a feature that changes the light values. Basically, it alters the lighting so that the movie looks like it was filmed with a wide aperture lens. Because the images were filmed and processed for the theater, this makes good-quality CGI sfx and creature makeup look real and alive (the cave troll in Fellowship of the Ring is astonishing in some shots). So when I watch either of Nolan's Batman films, it looks like Nolan was filming a hidden camera documentary with normal light but the costume looks like real armor and still looks cool.

Anyone else feeling nostalgic for Electrowoman and Dynagirl? Judy Strangis did things for me before I was even old enough to understand what those things were.:eg:

Amen brother. Amen.

Check this out: There was an Unaired Pilot for a New Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. Say goodbye to your childhood. :weep:

Getting back to the important things...

I never said these models weren't attractive. I think they're very attractive. I just don't think they're sexy and I think it's because, usually, when you see models they're in static pictures, posed, in makeup, with great lighting. That's a lot harder to do on a runway.

And as for the "real women" comment, what are they made of paper mache? Balsa wood? If they're flesh and blood with all the right parts, I consider them real women. I don't usually discriminate based on dress size (or height, weight, build, previous gender etc.). Let's face it, they're more real than Power Girl (she's a comic book character, in case you didn't know :)).

By the way, I'm currently thinking about a stretching based superheroine inspired by the rubbish art of women with impossibly small waists who can contort themselves so they can both face you and face away from you simultaneously.

Plastic Lass? Plastiwoman? Elongated Woman? Something else?

Just photoshop one of these images and see what comes to mind...

You know, I'm starting to like Plastiwoman. I think she belongs on the same team as the Crimson Cockroach.

I may be better at creating characters when I'm not paying attention and just pulling ideas out of my ear.

I'll have to write them up. Let's see... I've already got pretty good standard templates... I just need to work out how to modify them appropriately.