Energy Being

TheNaga

Would an race of energy being be more likely to be form of some form other then light? What would be the best way for energy being (light) to assume one human form. Her race can assume a human/humanoid form so as to better interact with other races they come in contact with. Should they have in human/humanoid for have the full range of sense of a human/humanoid plus their own? How would you kill an energy being in human/humanoid form? Would you see a energy being as being telepathic/ I know that the Az'aec'a are not telepathic.

Just out of curiosity how much of a bonus to intelligent would energy being have if they have been energy beings for at least 35,000,000 years. I was thinking that would mean that they would have least a +6 to +8 to INT

I know they her race and all energy beings should be immortal since energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted from one form to another. Also from what I just said you could not really kill an energy being just change it from one from to another. Also by that there would be a limited number of energy beings and that number could never increase or decrease.

Besides the the Az'aec'a are there another races of energy beings?

The problem I am having with setting her up is why if her race can travel at 2 Light Years/hour do they use star ships at all.

Also what need to be fix about the character's bio from what I have so far? I left out that the US Government has the ship she crash landed in. Her parent where piloting space traveling past earth when the ships engines gave out. They where force to crash near Roswell, New Mexico with her being the only survivor of the crash. The Steven family was driving by the crash when they found her near the crashed ship. They chose to take her in and make her part of their family. Unknown to her at the time was the fact that the U.S. Air Force was alerted to the crashed. The U.S. Air Force took the crashed ship back to the nearest air force base for study.

Ten days after her sixteenth birthday she started dreaming at night that she would turn into a being made out of light. Unknown to her at the time was one of her natural abilities was manifesting itself every time she went too slept at night. Four days after this start happening to her the local newspaper had a story in about people see in what they believe to be an angel. The angel the people in the story saw was said to be made out of light. The angel was said to have healed the wound of those who where wounded.

Re: Energy Being

Ok for energy beings-there was a villian (a miss understood robotic being) named Plasmoid that was made up of magnetic energy. As for official energy beings-none that I know of but perhaps there are in Beyond Champions (?) sourcebook book for a futuristic game. For light being solid, solid holographic images come to mind. Apparantly in DC Universe, one can make light be solid-look and feel real. For INT that sounds fair. For starships, maybe they take stuff with them. If they're explorers, they can't take everything with them. Also, even though they can fly, doesn't mean it isn't tiring or boring, or on corfortable. Also the ships can be faster and safer too. (I can walk a couple of blocks to a convinace store in the winter, doesn't mean I want too!)

Just because someone is made of energy doesn't mean that they don't need to recharge their energy matrix. So having a starship might mean being able to take lunch and dinner with you. Also, the ship could be faster than the energy being alone and also have more powerful defences and weapons. Also being on a ship allows them a framework for dealing with Species that haven't evolved into their state of being.

Reproduction could be done by fission (ie one organism dividing into two temporarally weaker organisms) or by 2 individuals adding energy into a new matrix.

Death could come from a weapon that disorganizes their energy matrix. So that the energy isn't destroyed, just rearranged into something else ie maximizing entropy for the being.

I not sure if her race should have the same Str in there human/humanoid form. Right now I thought in human/humanoid form they could increase their Str in the daylight hours.

Solar Strength: Aid 8d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; when exposed to daylight; +1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Hour; +1 3/4) (144 Active Points); No Conscious Control (cannot activate power on his own, but can use the STR freely once it’s activated; -2), Only Aid Self (-1), Character Loses 5 STR Automatically Whenever She Pushes Her STR (-1/4)

Should they have like the Aza'arc lose St? If they are energy and could hear or have sense of touch then how I explain them having haering and a sense of touch in their human/humanoid form? Would there look of understand of human/huamnoid biology beyond they learn through travel give a complication of something like human/huamnoid form can unusually alien in appearance. That would me in their human/humanoid form they would stand out more then usuall when in a group of aliens. They have a perfect photographic memory so would that complication really matter at all then?

I did notice one thing with my character's bio in that it made me think of Superman being found by the Kents.

Did you mean Hard Energy Constructs?

• 3 weeks later...

How do I go about figuring the characteristics of the energy being? Would an energy being have telepathy? I would like him to have an attack form as well.

Powers

20 Solar Storage: Endurance Reserve (100 END, 12 REC) Reserve: (33 Active Points); Limited Recovery (only in direct sun/starlight; -1)

27 Energy Being: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

50 Telepathy 8d6 (Alien and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds)

60 Lightspeed Travel: Multipower, 60-point reserve

6f Slow Lightspeed Travel: Flight 60m (60 Active Points)

1f Atmospheric Lightspeed Travel: Teleportation 1m, MegaScale (1m = 30,000 km; +2) (3 Active Points)

4f Celestial Flight: Faster-Than-Light Travel (2 Light Years/hour) (38 Active Points)

46 Body of Light: Desolidification (affected by Darkness attacks), Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (80 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Only Through Non-Opaque Objects (-1/4)

-12 Only Flies: Running -6" (-12 Active Points)

-2 Only Flies: Swimming -6" (-2 Active Points)

Total Points: 272

How do I go about figuring the characteristics of the energy being?

You would speak to your GM about the parameters of the campaign - what levels of characteristics would be low, average, high and top end in this game - then set characteristics based on your vision of where the character should rate in comparison to those in-game parameters. I see no reason STR would be even average. DEX and SPD would be high if you see the being reacting quickly. CON would likely be high - can you stun "light"? BOD/STUN - how hard is it to discorporate/kill the light form? Could be anywhere in the range? INT and EGO - vision of the character. A rudimentary intelligence, recently formed, could be pretty low. An Ascended Being might be pretty high. PRE - anywhere from 'well, he's just a flashlight" to "wow!", so again your vision dictates.

Would an energy being have telepathy?

Would he? I could envision an energy being having no ability to communicate with physical lifeforms, or even being unable to recognize them as lifeforms. That would be a pretty sucky PC, though.

I would like him to have an attack form as well.

Most games do feature combat prominently, so that seems like a good idea.

Powers

20 Solar Storage: Endurance Reserve (100 END, 12 REC) Reserve: (33 Active Points); Limited Recovery (only in direct sun/starlight; -1)

-1 for "any time the stars are out" seems pretty steep, especially for a character who can leave earth orbit in a single phase.

27 Energy Being: Life Support (Eating: Character does not eat; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep)

It seems like full life support would make sense. What's missing?

50 Telepathy 8d6 (Alien and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds)

60 Lightspeed Travel: Multipower, 60-point reserve

6f Slow Lightspeed Travel: Flight 60m (60 Active Points)

1f Atmospheric Lightspeed Travel: Teleportation 1m, MegaScale (1m = 30,000 km; +2) (3 Active Points)

4f Celestial Flight: Faster-Than-Light Travel (2 Light Years/hour) (38 Active Points)

Often, MP powers have equal, or close, AP for efficiency purposes, but it's not essential.

Desolidification (affected by Darkness attacks)' date=' Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (80 Active Points); Always On (-1/2), Only Through Non-Opaque Objects (-1/4)[/quote']

This will mean any and all attack powers must take the +2 advantage "Affects Solid World". Very few GM's will allow characters that most attacks can't target, especially if they have viable attacks to use while desolid, so you may want to consider other approaches to making the character highly resistant to damage.

• 1 month later...

This happens to be a favorite character of so I will make this the only other character I work on for a while.

Would be better instead of the character being a being of made of light the character has light based powers?

I would like the character to travel through space on her own So how would fix the following?

Faster than Light travel and Life Support will get travel through space.

The END reserve should be measured against your likely END usage, which requires writing up the character. You should expect to be unable to recover about half the time, based on a -1 limitation, so expect there will be times when the powers reliant on that reserve will be unavailable. Cponsider taking a small amount of recovery that's not limited (or not as limited) so you can get END back over time.

If I recall correctly, the Marvel character Wonder Man was an 'energy being', although to all practical intents and purposes he appeared and reacted as if he were made of matter, apart from 'bleeding' energy when hit hard enough: you can basically have 'energy being' as a concept and build anything you like.

The Desolidification may not be sufficient to protect him. For example, what would happen if he were in a 'classic deathtrap' where he is stuck in a room (with opaque walls) that slowly moves in to crush him: he can not desolid through the walls as they are opaque, so he is going to be crushed.

Here is the problem . Very few GM's will allow characters that most attacks can't target, especially if they have viable attacks to use while desolid, so you may want to consider other approaches to making the character highly resistant to damage.

Other choices for energy based beings besides light.

Fire/Heat

Cosmic

Electrical

Sonic/Vibrational

Temporal

Kinetic

Gravitic

Magnetic

Magical

Cold

Darkness

(Okay, cold is technically the absence of heat and darkness is the absence of light, but they are typically considered existent any many fantasy and weird science tales.)

Here's another way to build an 'energy being' by Killershrike:

ERG-9 and his Containment Suit

The base energy form IS desolidified and the only way it can safely interact with the physical world is through the suit.

It is a 5e build but the basic concept could be updated very easily to 6e.

Wildfire from the Legion of Superheroes is likely the primary inspiration for the character.

I borrowed the same concept for my version of Red Tornado from the JLA (which seemed fitting since the comics indicate Wildfire's suit was constructed by Brainiac-5 out the remains of Red Tornado's Android body).

Here's another way to build an 'energy being' by Killershrike:

ERG-9 and his Containment Suit

The base energy form IS desolidified and the only way it can safely interact with the physical world is through the suit.

It is a 5e build but the basic concept could be updated very easily to 6e.

Wildfire from the Legion of Superheroes is likely the primary inspiration for the character.

I borrowed the same concept for my version of Red Tornado from the JLA (which seemed fitting since the comics indicate Wildfire's suit was constructed by Brainiac-5 out the remains of Red Tornado's Android body).

Well would doing the character like what you posted be a way to get past the fact most GM do not like characters who are always in desolid? That character make me think of Holocaust from Marvel Comics and NRG from Ben-10.

This happens to be a favorite character of so I will make this the only other character I work on for a while.

And here I thought you picked the Gremlin.

Guess I was right the first time. You really can't stick with a character and finish it.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary points out what I already know, I have better things to do