Boot Blade?

Ragitsu

Re: Boot Blade?

Are we talking about the James West style that comes out the toe of the boot?

I am not familiar with that sort of boot.

The one I am envisioning deploys the blade parallel to the boot's flat base (I wouldn't want the wearer to stab themselves ;)), and is just below the wearer's sole.

I disagree with IIF because it would certainly not always take more than 1 phase to remove someone's footwear.

Using it effectively as a weapon should probably require a special familiarity as well.

A tied on boot? Man there are times that I takes me a whole turn to get my kids shoes off! :) Seriously, it could depend on the shoe but I can see the iif, though of course ymmv. (By now that should be a unspoken given at this point)

How do "surprise weapons" work? Do they lower a target's DCV against the first attack?

A generous GM might give you an OCV bonus the first phase (suggested between +1 -- +3 OCV). Of course, if you want guarrented results, you should pay for it. I.e +3 CSL (OCV) only for surprised attack

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Invisible effect for the first use. It really shouldn't give an OCV bonus since the kick itself is pretty obvious. It is the damage type that would catch someone by surprise. Here is another shot of one from Blade III, Abigail Whistler uses it (and you have to love Jessica Biel). So I guess it would look like this...

10 Boot Blade: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6, Invisible to Sight Group, Source Only (+1/4) (12 Active Points); IIF (-1/4)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42401[/ATTACH]

It is at 3:19