Standard Blood abilities?

Gary Ciaramella

Sure,

The "typical" blood from the setting section had...

+10 STR, +13 DEX, +13 CON, +5 BODY, +5 INT, +5 EGO, +5 PRE, +6 COM, +6 PD, +5 ED, +2 SPD, +2 REC

MP: 40 pt reserve

8m - HKA or RKA w/ energy effect.

1u - 2d6 Telepathy

3u - N-Ray Vision

8m - 30" T-port, x2 distance, x2 mass

30 x2 STUN vs. Energy Killing attacks

20 Selected Psych Lim

15 Fear if Insanity

20 Hunted by Affrighter or Bloodletter, 8-

Edit: All unconverted and verbatim. ;)

First the Coriolis Effect and now this.

Thanks all for bringing back such lovely memories.

BTW, how will you be using the Blood in your campaign? I was thinking of *maybe* having one character turn out to be Blood (or part-Blood) in my campaign if I ever find the old sourcebook again.

And wasn't there a pair of characters in there called 'Crimson Blade' and 'Brynhild'?

Originally posted by FenrisUlf

First the Coriolis Effect and now this.

Thanks all for bringing back such lovely memories.

BTW, how will you be using the Blood in your campaign? I was thinking of *maybe* having one character turn out to be Blood (or part-Blood) in my campaign if I ever find the old sourcebook again.

And wasn't there a pair of characters in there called 'Crimson Blade' and 'Brynhild'?

It is not my campaign... rather it is a restarting of an older campaign that is run in a world that has been used now for about 15 years or so. My character Avenger has been a part of the campaign from the beginning, first he was just a plain vanilla mutant... but as I attempted to flesh out his background over time I decided that he was the abandoned son of one of the Blood. Currently his father has come back into the picture (and married his ex-girlfriend, but that is a different story).

Generally though, the blood are used basically as is standard from the pages of that supplement.

To be precise, Danar, "who wields the blades," is known on Earth as "Blade" (aka Blade Carstairs). His wife, Bryn Gunther ("Brynhild") does have superhuman strength and resilience from the bloodline of the Norse gods. They have a son, Sabre Carstairs.

Fans of the Blood may be interested in this adventure scenario for 4E Champions by Adrian Ownby featuring new Blood characters. It was submitted to the old Red October BBS for free download, and is now part of the Red October archives maintained on Shelley Crystal MacTyre's excellent Champions website at http://www.mactyre.net/archives/ . I'm attaching the scenario below:

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

To be precise, Danar, "who wields the blades," is known on Earth as "Blade" (aka Blade Carstairs). His wife, Bryn Gunther ("Brynhild") does have superhuman strength and resilience from the bloodline of the Norse gods. They have a son, Sabre Carstairs.

Well, I did remember about the whole Brynhild and her Norse connections, but thanbks for the info on Blade and Saber.

Fans of the Blood may be interested in this adventure scenario for 4E Champions by Adrian Ownby featuring new Blood characters. It was submitted to the old Red October BBS for free download, and is now part of the Red October archives maintained on Shelley Crystal MacTyre's excellent Champions website at http://www.mactyre.net/archives/ . I'm attaching the scenario below:

Nice adventure, though I don't know that I'll ever get a chance to run it. And I'm glad to see someone reembers Crypt; back when I first saw him, I thought he was an invincible monster... Of course, now we've got Takofanes 'line your heroes up so I can kill them' the Undying, so Crypt isn't so much anymore.

Against standard superheroes, Crypt is still pretty much an invincible monster. Just because we have Galactus doesn't make it easier to mess with the Silver Surfer. ;)

Interesting that you should mention Takofanes. Although in Adventurers Club #13 (one of my favorite issues) Crypt was uncovered in an Amerindian burial mound, AFAIK he bears little resemblance to any figure from Native American myth, or any other traditional demons. He has qualities of both demon and undead, both servants of the Undying Lord. North America seems to have been Takofanes' primordial stomping grounds, so Crypt could be one of his servants left over from the Turakian Age. He would make an excellent assassin or enforcer for the Archlich. Perhaps the blood sacrifices Crypt kept engaging in were intended to revive Takofanes.

OTOH Crypt could be connected to the Lovecraftian patrons of Azor, patriarch of the Blood, and his rituals intended to free them from their imprisonment. In that case his involvement in the adventure I attached could be given far wider implications. Crypt might even be secretly using the Blood as a way to locate Azor, as the first step to freeing the Elder Gods.

Hehehehehehehe >:)

Oh I just had an evil EVIL idea to pull on my players, oh it's such a good and nasty idea too.

As you now, Nama had three children. One is Viperia, the other is in the Serpent Lantern. My idea is this: What if Nama had his last child with a woman of the Blood?

Is that an evil idea or what? >:)

• 3 years later...

Re: Standard Blood abilities?

Answering the question from 3 years ago just because I can...

I actively use the blood and their mythology in my game. Sabre is on our team, Justice Inc. He's even got his own mini, 6th from the top. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/mini/justice/justice.htm

The blood are such a nice homage to the cracked out alien/human family (Eternals, Inhumans, etc.) that it's a shame we can't get them back in the official CU.

Answering the question from 3 years ago just because I can...

I actively use the blood and their mythology in my game. Sabre is on our team, Justice Inc. He's even got his own mini, 6th from the top. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/mini/justice/justice.htm

The blood are such a nice homage to the cracked out alien/human family (Eternals, Inhumans, etc.) that it's a shame we can't get them back in the official CU.

Always loved them, though I also thought of them as being a tribute to the Blood of Amber. All the same source material ultimately anyway.

[gamer speak]

Right now in my default campaign I consider the Amberites, Blood, Vandeleurs, Eternals, Empyreans, Inhumans, and several other groups to be branches of related families. The Amberites and Empyrean Eternals both make a good case that they came "first", and the Kryptoptonians, New Gods and Daxamites are all off world descendants of the early Eternals. Many terestrial Mutants and Mutates carry some Eternal and/or Amberite blood as well.

[/gamer speak]

The Character that is the basis for my Avatar is a member of the Blood, he is called Travie "He who Travel's and Wander's." He has been called Traveler and Wanderer, he is the son of Otto "Pathfinder" and a Princess of the Shide.

He has the powers of he's father and magic that is from he's mother, he is a meddler, a hero and has a major probleam that makes him show up in places he didn't intend to go. [i love that, gives the GM a hook to get use where we need to be.]

I've played him in many games and created him back in late of 1985. Now after this I just might have to intro the Blood into the shared game world I run in.

Right now in my default campaign I consider the Amberites' date=' Blood, Vandeleurs, Eternals, Empyreans, Inhumans, and several other groups to be branches of related families. The Amberites and Empyrean Eternals both make a good case that they came "first", and the Kryptoptonians, New Gods and Daxamites are all off world descendants of the early Eternals. Many terestrial Mutants and Mutates carry some Eternal and/or Amberite blood as well.[/quote']Since I plan on using your WN campaign background with my group, I'm going to be taking some notes here...

Since I plan on using your WN campaign background with my group' date=' I'm going to be taking some notes here...[/quote']

:o

The key to Wold Newton as a gaming environment is to make sure that characters who are highly similar to one-another in name, abilities or background, often because one directly inspired the other (Doc Savage and Sun Koh) or both were based on the same source material (the Heap, Solomon Grundy, and later Swamp Thing and Man Thing), are linked in a way that makes sense on a story level. Conflicting origin stories can often be explained by distorted histories, intentional fabrications, or simple lack of doccumentation. In a world where time and dimensional travel are possible, history becomes a pretty fluid concept. :)

The basics of the Eternals - Atlanteans - Empyreans etc links should be in my timeline, but roughly its:

The Ancients create metahumans in an attempt to see what Humanity can become, then end up taking the best samples along when they vacate Earth.

The first of these metahumans (but not the most powerful by far) will eventually be known by many names, most commonly the Old Woman.

These early metahumans, the Eternals, split into factions. Some of them leave Earth soon after the Ancients depart. These space farers will split and split again. One day a number of them will settle two worlds in a single system. There they will take a name that in English translates roughly as "New Gods".

Those Eternals remaining on Earth go into seclusion, becoming the Empyrean Eternals (an even smaller enclave will one day be called the Inhumans by the human press in a nation called America).

The Old Woman and her own small band of followers go on to found Atlantis, and later give rise to many myths and legends.

The Ancients establish an entirely artificial world ship for reasons of their own, and on this ship they place some of their modified humans. Roughly 10,000 years will pass before this world-ship will malfunction and explode. A single infant child aboard an experimental faster than light craft will survive, and reach the ancient home of his people: Earth.

The Amberites, time and dimension travellers, start making their first suspected appearances in roughly the period of the early Roman Empire. Those interviewed claim a convoluted history, but how much is true and how much is myth is hotly debated by scholars of Earth's hidden histories.

By the late 1400s, several dynasties in Europe and Asia are regularly producing children who display paranormal powers to one degree or another. These dynasties include ancestors of those who will eventually be known as the Blood, the Sylvestries, and the Vandeleurs, among others.