Super Agents

Ninja-Bear

Re: Super Agents

Heroic means you probably end up using equipment pools via perks to decide how much gear PC's carry and swap out between adventures.

Superheroic means you probably end up using VPP modeling an equipement pool (like Batman's Utility Belt) to decide how much gear....

Superheroic is probably more of a pain unless you want to introduce characters with actual 'powers' like psionics or magic at some point in the game.

Heroic means you probably end up using equipment pools via perks to decide how much gear PC's carry and swap out between adventures.

Superheroic means you probably end up using VPP modeling an equipement pool (like Batman's Utility Belt) to decide how much gear....

Superheroic is probably more of a pain unless you want to introduce characters with actual 'powers' like psionics or magic at some point in the game.

It doesn't needs to be high powered. Not everyone with superpowers can punch through steel, read your childhood memories, or run at supersonic speed.

I should add that I do plan to use supervillians at some point too.

What powerlevel?

Should an experienced Villain be the Equivalent of Grond for those agents?

If so, you might want to start at medium heroic at tops.

Super-agents can be a "Supers in Primus Service" game, or a "It's Armadillo, call for the heroes. NOW!"

What powerlevel?

Should an experienced Villain be the Equivalent of Grond for those agents?

If so, you might want to start at medium heroic at tops.

Super-agents can be a "Supers in Primus Service" game, or a "It's Armadillo, call for the heroes. NOW!"

Good question. Basically I was looking at Primus assault agents (though not Primus itself). They should be able to put down a 350 (5th) villian with good tactics.

Like they say, big things start out small at first. That said, you'll want to run your campaign's

super-agent PCs up against foes of their own level first, then -- as they gain more experience --

gradually ramp up the opposition's skill and power levels up until they're at the stage where

the PCs can face up against even supervillains and have a good chance of winning (without

getting turned into wall ormaments in the process).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Good question. Basically I was looking at Primus assault agents (though not Primus itself). They should be able to put down a 350 (5th) villian with good tactics.

Then they should be on the next lower powerlevel. Maybe two lower - it depends on how equipment is bought. The players are basically Elite Agents (otherwise they would only get the lame missions).

I once ran a campaign of super-powered SHIELD Agents, and it was a blast. It was a three-person group of super-powered agents, any of which could stand among the ranks of Marvel's greatest heroes. They were sent on special missions requiring a small team of powerful, very versatile people, like extracting a compromised agent from Latveria.

Lot of great suggestions, but I'm looking for the mechanical write-ups-pros and cons. Super Agents (the book) is a neat blend of Champions and Justice Inc. (3rd ed). In Super Agents book, it is built as heroic level, agents have to pay for special equipment such as blasters. If I go heroic now, should I eliminate that by just using WF: energy weapons or blasters? The more I think of it, a supervillian for heroic level wouldn't be no more troublesome mechanically than say a fantasy monster. I just should give each super villian though reduced 1/2 end on strength to keep the END the same as in a superheroic game. Tese are the things that I'm looking at first. Most of my agents info is in superhero form, so I'm looking at, is it easier to convert the super stuff to heroic stuff or visa versa?

Here's a question to ask that might answer some of your concerns.

"What do I want the PC's to be spending XP on in this game?"

If you make them pay for equipement directly they will likely spend XP on equipment directly.

If you use the Perk based equipment pool rules then they will likely spend more on Skills since the Perk to increase equipement carried will tend to be cheaper than a direct power purchase. A side benefit of this method is the direct GM control of what equipment is available since the players won't be building any of their equipment.

Here's a question to ask that might answer some of your concerns.

"What do I want the PC's to be spending XP on in this game?"

If you make them pay for equipement directly they will likely spend XP on equipment directly.

If you use the Perk based equipment pool rules then they will likely spend more on Skills since the Perk to increase equipement carried will tend to be cheaper than a direct power purchase. A side benefit of this method is the direct GM control of what equipment is available since the players won't be building any of their equipment.

Where can I find the rules for perk based equipment rules?

Thanks-after I posted it, I did run across a resource/perk type system in the Super Agents book also.

Also I noticed in Super Agents that they put Blaster WF under small arms. After consideration I going to create a new (as in its not listed in fifth rev) Weapon Fam group:

High tech (Uncommon)

Blaster Pistol

Blaster Carbines

Energy Blades

(This by no means is a complete list)

This should help answer the question "If ipick up Dr. Destroyer's agents special blaster can I fire it without a penalty?".

Also this should help distingush between 'normal' agents and super agents.