The Good and Bad about Marvel and DC

Cassandra

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad about DC

The Cosmic Reset Switch.

Ever since the Crisis on Infinite Earths (1985) DC comics has completely written itself into corner and corner, and then did a Continuity Wide "Event" that basically tells the readers "Never Mind", and starts all over again.  In the process they kills off or retire the characters we love and replace them with "younger, edger versions", or just change the costume and say "See, it's new".

So was New Coke.

Good About DC

A.R.G.U.S. - Advanced Research Group United Super-Humans

Finally DC has an organization to deal with Superhuman crime.  

Best of all it was created by Amanda Waller, and run by Steve Trevor.

Bad About DC

They couldn't come up with a better acronym?  Did Marvel take all the good ones?  

How about the World Organization Neutralizing Deadly Emerging Risks (W.O.N.D.E.R.)?

Good About DC

A.R.G.U.S. - Advanced Research Group United Super-Humans

Finally DC has an organization to deal with Superhuman crime.  

Best of all it was created by Amanda Waller, and run by Steve Trevor.

Bad About DC

They couldn't come up with a better acronym?  Did Marvel take all the good ones?  

How about the World Organization Neutralizing Deadly Emerging Risks (W.O.N.D.E.R.)?

Why do they need to have a cheezy acronym? It's not the 70's anymore. We don't have 10 bajillion spy shows on the air anymore. More old thinking from the old boring minds at DC. At least they had the good taste to have Waller associated with it.

Why do they need to have a cheezy acronym? It's not the 70's anymore. We don't have 10 bajillion spy shows on the air anymore. More old thinking from the old boring minds at DC. At least they had the good taste to have Waller associated with it.

I don't know.  SHIELD was cool when it was the Supreme Headquarters International Espionage Law-Enforcement Division.

I wouldn't mind if DC called it something like the "World Security Agency" or "Counter Super-Villain Unit".

I don't know.  SHIELD was cool when it was the Supreme Headquarters International Espionage Law-Enforcement Division.

I wouldn't mind if DC called it something like the "World Security Agency" or "Counter Super-Villain Unit".

Metropolis had the Special Crimes Unit. (Which is too easily confused with the Special Victims Unit IMO.)

I've asked this before but....when is Dr. Doom getting his own massive cross-over epic, ala Thanos/Ultron/House of M/A vs X/Annihilation/Secret Invasion?  Man's got an ego, he's gotta want to prove he's the baddest of the bad.  If I wrote it, I'd have it start with Dr. D.  kicking the butts of the last half dozen villains to get their own mega-series. 

I've asked this before but....when is Dr. Doom getting his own massive cross-over epic, ala Thanos/Ultron/House of M/A vs X/Annihilation/Secret Invasion?  Man's got an ego, he's gotta want to prove he's the baddest of the bad.  If I wrote it, I'd have it start with Dr. D.  kicking the butts of the last half dozen villains to get their own mega-series.

I'd read this.